Watching TOS for first time.

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by Crazyewok, Jul 14, 2013.

1. Crazyewok

Crazyewok Vice Admiral Admiral

I have been a trekkie since age 6 back in 1995. I was brought up on first run DS9 and re runs of TNG.

I have seen ENT, TNG and DS9 re runs almost every year with some voyager.

But I never got round to TOS except for a hand full of episodes.. I dismissed it as dated plus none of the main channels every played it anyway.

Well the remasted version is airing on CBS action and I decided to watch and Im really really suprised.

Its really good. Way stronger than TNG and Voyager. Infact I see more DS9 (my favorite ) in TOS than anything else.

so far im up to Balance of Terror (which is one of the ones I watched in the past).

2. Pavonis

Pavonis Commodore Commodore

Good for you. The original spawned all these spin-offs for a reason. It's good for Trek fans to know where it all started.

3. wildstar

wildstar Commander Red Shirt

It's strange. I wrongly assume that everyone who's watched Voyager or DS9 or TNG has also seen TOS. Always surprised me when someone says that they watched TNG as a kid. Shouldn't, but it does.
    Glad to see that you're enjoying TOS. It has a certain magic, that's for sure.

4. Crazyewok

Crazyewok Vice Admiral Admiral

Of course I had seen the TOS films and Wrath of Khan has always been my favorite. But TOS show no im ashamed to say.

To me its storys and charatcters are far stronger than the TNG. even the back ground characters seem more interactive and real.

5. CrazyMatt

CrazyMatt Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

All us "Crazys" need to stick together... ;D