Zack Snyder will direct SUPERMAN

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JacksonArcher, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm curious now who Synder will cast as Lois Lane. Cavil is a great choice. I was already excited for this film but I'm really psyched now.

2. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I was wondering about that. I recall you saying this was gonna be loosely based on Secret Origins, which I still have not read, so how much of Metropolis, The Daily Planet, Perry White, Jimmy Olson and Lois Lane are we going to be seeing here? This is still technically an origin story probably showing alot of Smallville and Clarks adventures out in the world leading up to him settling in Metropolis?

3. Admiral_Young

^ Part of the plot has been reported as taking place in Africa which was from Superman:Birthright. Lois is featured heavily in the second half of the book when Clark finally gets to Metropolis and Perry and Jimmy have their usual time. I theorized that this will be structured similar to "Batman Begins". I still believe that.

4. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

"I'm not going to kill you... but that doesn't mean I can't fly around the earth to go back in time and prevent you from being born!"

5. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

I will keep an open mind if they do deliver another origin story but frankly with Superman it isn't really necessary and I am getting tired of origin stories. Maybe they can cover his origins in the first 10 or 15 minuets of the movie and then get on with the story.

6. Admiral_Young

I don't think we'll get any Krypton stuff...maybe a couple minutes here or there. Flashbacks are possible. Who knows. I am kind of hoping though this film is just called "Superman" with no lame subtitles. Everyone knows you need subtitles for the sequel :)

7. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Superman: Reloaded

8. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

If it's good enough for McG then it's good enough for Snyder.

9. A beaker full of death

A beaker full of death Vice Admiral Admiral

Cavill looks the part much more than that dopey little boy they cast last time. I have no idea if he can act (not that the role requires enormous acting talent, but a lot more than baby Routh had).

10. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've never seen him in anything so I can't judge his acting skills but he looks Supermanish.

11. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

12. Too Much Fun

Too Much Fun Commodore Commodore

I saw him in the "The Count of Monte Cristo". He was good, but it was a small, forgettable role where he didn't do much. I kinda wish they'd cast an American. What's with casting British guys to play American superheroes all the time? Oh well, I guess it doesn't matter as long as he can pull off the accent. Didn't stop Christian Bale from making a great Bruce Wayne.

13. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

^ Technically, isn't Superman Krpytonian?

14. Too Much Fun

Too Much Fun Commodore Commodore

Yes, I've heard the argument many times - "Superman's an alien, so who cares about the nationality of the actor playing him?". Still seems like he should be played by an American, though...maybe it's just because of me being used to him being played by Americans in animation and that "Truth, Justice, and the American Way" catchphrase being stuck in my head. Like I said, though, doesn't really matter since Brits do convincing American accents all the time these days, and it didn't hurt Christian Bale's performance.

15. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

Zack Snyder on the Superman reboot: "Respect the canon but don't be a slave to the movies".

Read more at the link above. Snyder seems to confirm that Kevin Costner will indeed be playing Jonathan Kent.

16. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

17. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

Ahhh.... Oops. Haha.

18. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I posted your post in the other thread...I think this one can be locked.

19. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

This thread was first, but the other one has more posts.

Kif, we have a conundrum.

20. Admiral_Young

There's no conundrum. This thread was created to announce Zack Snyder was directing the movie. The other thread is for general information and discussion regarding the movie.