Prison Break 4x01 "Scylla" - Discussion and Spoilers

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Trekker4747, Aug 31, 2008.

?

Grade the Episode

1. Excellent

6.7%
  2. Good

80.0%
  3. Average

6.7%
  4. Bad

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Terrible

6.7%
  1. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Prison Break's Fourth Season Premiere is tommrow (Monday) night, 2 Hours!

From TV.com:

2. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ah the signs of autumn - falling leaves, temperatures finally warming up in San Francisco to tolerable levels, and the first regular-season grading thread. :bolian: This has been one long summer, perhaps because it started in February.

3. Darth_Daver

Darth_Daver Captain Captain

Yeah... it was HORRIBLE!!!

I just made a list of autumn shows I'll be watching, and I was like "damn, it's longer than last year..."

4. Temis the Vorta

Thank goodness the actors' strike never materialized. :eek:

5. Goliath

Goliath Vice Admiral Admiral

I haven't yet seen Season 3. Is it worth paying the current full price on DVD, or should I wait for it to drop?

It's only thirteen episodes, and they're asking ten bucks more than it cost to buy Season 2 of Dexter. That made me hesitate.

6. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

I think most Prison Break fans consider season 3 to be it's weakest season. I would wait for it to get on sale.

7. Trekker4747

I think it is a pretty good season and it doesn't drag itself out due to it being shorter.

And, yep, the first grading thread. House will be coming up here in a week or two, so be prepared! :)

8. Temis the Vorta

I would not bother to buy any season of PB except S1, at a discount or otherwise. It's strictly a dumb-fun show.

9. Goliath

Goliath Vice Admiral Admiral

You mean--like Star Trek? ;)

I'll wait for it to go on sale, I guess.

10. Darth_Daver

Darth_Daver Captain Captain

I certainly consider it waaay better than that godawful second season...
    At least the characters were together, and they were doing some prison breaking...

11. Temis the Vorta

Star Trek had twice as many good seasons as PB!

And I don't think PB's spinoffs will be quite as successful. ;) If they ever get around to that Women-in-Prison thing they were threatening to do.

12. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

The ridiculously hot female prisoners will have showers scenes every other episode!:rommie::p

13. Temis the Vorta

With oodles of lesbian subtext. But I imagine the feminine analogue to Avacado (Avacodrix?) will be a tad bit more alluring. :guffaw:

I really hope they do it. I want to see how sleazy they can get away with on broadcast TV.

14. CaptainCanada

CaptainCanada Admiral Admiral

The new status quo is fairly workable for a season (basically "Scofield's Eleven" mixed with "The Dirty Dozen"). Though the Company's powers have taken a serious hit since the first season, where they basically were the government; now they're just a corrupt cell that other bodies are actively trying to expel.

Biggest plus: Hot Doc Sara!

15. Trekker4747

Well, this is off to a very promising start.

Very "Scofield's Seven" kind of feel. ;)

Great to SWG/Sarah back. Love her. :drool:

I'd love it to see if they can bring back Kellerman (we didn't technically see him die, there's room for him to come back.)

I still hate Susan B. Anthony/Gretchen and hope she's not around much this season the new "Operative" guy is well played.

All and all could be an interesting season.

The Wasian hacker kid is going to probably get annoying, and the "tech" in the series has almost reached Trekian levels what with the device that can nick codes and data just by both exsisting and the tattoo reversal (which I saw coming. It'll take some of the pressure off the wardrobe people and allow them to show Wentworth shirtless to please the ladies.)

So looks to be a very promising season!

16. Worf2DS9

Worf2DS9 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I actually enjoyed that quite a bit. The season is off to a promising start, and I'm looking forward to seeing how things progress. Cress Williams is pretty cool as the Company hitman dude, though I can't say I'm pleased to see Gretchen still alive. But it's great to have Sarah back. :bolian:

17. misskim86

misskim86 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Total utter crap.

The whole show i just based on circumstantial events (like everyone ending up in the US) and has gone from a sorta interesting show into some sort of "Mission Impossible" rip off. They really should have ended it all in season two. Way to go on totally resetting everything that happened,

"Oh the prison burnt down? Great! Oh they're in America? Well super! The head wasn't hers? Fabulous! We need a fat stupid ex corrections officer because the producer said so? Awesome!
    Lincoln gets arrested because of something retarded and sent to the US? Unfreakingbelievable"

And I'm hardly a tattoo expert but doesn't tattoo removal leave bad scars?

Oh yeah and Michael has gotten chubby, ease down on the burgers.

Only fun thing is T-Bag who is really starting to remind me of Herr Starr from Preacher.

18. Trekker4747

Well, it's possible this episode was so exposition heavy because they lost 10 episodes or so of their previous season due to the writer's strike.

Plot events like the prison burning down -facilitating the escapes of TBag and Sucre, Lincoln breaking a law and being extradited to the US (not entirely impossible), Sara being alive (again, not entirely impossible) and so on could've been much longer and greater plot threads that would've been more fleshed out had they gotten a fuller third season.

The miracle tatt removal we're just going to have to shrug and deal with and accept that in the wonderful land of makebelieve these people live in there's a miraculous tatt removal (available to only high levels of government?) they used on Michael. From a plot stand-point they're not needed anymore and it's got to be frustrating to the wardrobe people to always have Michael in long sleeves to prevent the make-up people from having to put hin in the tatt, which we all know Wentworth doesn't like having to go through.

So they just got rid of it. :shrug: That one we're just going to have to deal with as being necessary.

But now that we're done with the exposition heavy first episodes -again due to having to deal with the strike- I imagine the rest of the season will be pretty well on track.

What do you guys think the odds are that Kellerman will come back?

Last edited: Sep 2, 2008
  19. Temis the Vorta

Eh, average. Competent action, but I really don't know how it's going to work for PB to become a low-rent variation on 24. There was a lack of what made these characters work all along, the witty back-biting interaction and conflict. Also, putting them in situations where they are the underdog and have to fight for survival is more what I watch this show for, not to watch everyone make like Jack Bauer. Maybe when T-Bag joins the gang, things will pick up.

And I'm horrified at the thought that the Dept of Homeland Security would be desperate enough to turn those that particular gang of "freelancers" to do their work. :rommie: I could see Michael, Mahone and T-Bag, but what the heck are Sucre, Bellick and Sarah there for? Linc can be the muscle, but that hardly makes him unique. Can't whassisface flip open an issue of Solider of Fortune and find more likely employees?

The Asian hacker was boring and annoying, not to mention a walking cliche. Here's hoping he comes to a speedy end.

T-Bag didn't seem his usual vicious self. I thought for sure he'd figure out the coyotes' game immediately and jump them first. Mahone being low-key and in mourning won't work for long. I'm hoping he's off his meds now, and gets into nothing-to-lose badass mode.

Glad to see Gretchen survived. It gives Sarah some purpose in the story to eventually be the one to off the bitch.
    Pray for Private Practice's speedy cancellation and maybe he will.

20. CaptainCanada

CaptainCanada Admiral Admiral

Well, 24 won't be around for a few months yet, I believe, so it's filling a niche.