Marvel All New, All Different - Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, May 30, 2010.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Re: Marvel Now/ReEvolution Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

There was a comical WHAT IF? in the 80s, where Fury is yelling at some one about a massive batch of LMDs that just ran off the production line...

"YOU PUT THE EYEPATCH ON THE WRONG F####### EYE!"

2. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

All New X-Men #25. gosh, what a massive waste of time and money. it was nothing but random splash pages with a few bits of meaningless voiceover. Nothing happened. Glad I didn't pay for that!

3. Guy Gardener

I completely thought that was Xavier.

Xavier in the past has the time gem.

Think about that.

Charles Xavier: Time traveller.

He's all over history and futurehistory taking mental snapshots of the entire planet to access what is wrong, what is right and what needs immediate course correction back where which he considers the present.

4. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

No he didn't he had the mind gem.

5. Guy Gardener

Curses! Foiled again!

6. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Yeah, how come it looked exactly like a man-sized Xavier for the entire issue, then suddenly at the end it becomes a gigantic misshappen Uatu? Are we supposed to believe he changed his form, or is that just a shitty fake-out? I was assuming it was going to be Future Xavier Junior from that unfortunate recent crossover.

7. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I believe it's supposed to be the grandson from Battle of the Atom. Bendis mentioned awhile ago that he'd be coming back. Or it's possible Bendis is setting up the upcoming Last Will and Testament arc in Uncanny.

I believe the time gem vanished in the opening issue of Hickman's New Avengers with the others shattered after Captain America used the reassembled gauntlet to deflect the encroaching universes.

8. Guy Gardener

Oh, the time gem from "now" has gone somewhere, but it we know where it is in the past and we have a list of people who have it, and might think to use it creatively in the future which is actually already now our present.

Xavier is in the past, wondering where the hell his students are.

Time is broken to such a degree that it is possible to support a paradox like that somehow.

If his students never return, it's only going to take a couple weeks till he tracks them to the future, probably using Doctor Dooms Time platform, and comes for them.

Bendis faked us out.

But it could be a clue for what is to come too.

9. Admiral_Young

You'd think the past would be already affected with how long the originals have been gone and that Bendis would address this...but I guess the past is in some kind of frozen state or Bendis is just writing whatever the hell he wants.

10. Hound of UIster

Presumably they eventually do go back to the past (with no knowledge of the future).

11. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

Maybe they're not the past versions of the original five in Marvel-616. Maybe they're actually the 1963 versions of the original five from an entirely different Earth, and Hank pulled them across the dimensions when he was trying to snag their younger selves from the past.

That way, Bendis gets to have his cake and eat it, too. He can do whatever he wants with these five characters and not worry about screwing anything up.

12. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Didn't young Cyclops almost dying start erasing old Cyclops until the younger one was revived?

13. Guy Gardener

Yup.

Man broke time in the Age of Ultron. Things don't work how they are supposed to anymore... Or Hank tripped some rule that no one was ever aware of before.

Or...

The Watchers disgust, naybe Hank is not letting them go back. Is it possible that he's lying? He's tied them to a tent pole and not told anyone?

14. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Probably at the same point they left type thing.

15. Admiral_Young

^Whenever Bendis is finished whatever he wants to do with them. Sigh. I have made this point before, but this concept would have made for a decent mini-series...but Bendis has managed to draw it out for 25 issues with seemingly no direction in mind and now Scott is off with his father (thank Rao Rucka is handling that book) and abandoned his team...so this is gonna probably go on for a long while now.

16. Hound of UIster

Bendis was on New Avengers for 103 issues. He'll probably be on X-Men for an equal duration.

Just look at it this way, the journey is almost 1/4 complete. But I agree his X-Men is rudderless. I mean if it's correct that he dislikes Morrison's run and wants to put everything back before Morrison came along then his model is pretty much stagnation and going through the same mutant persecutions we have been seeing time and time again. Basically reinventing the wheel.

17. Guy Gardener

To be fair, they've always said that past Xavier is responsible enough to mind wipe the kids as soon as he sees them, the guilt of which will probably contribute to onslaught, and attempts to send the children back have failed... Although I think some of the original X-men went into the Future to fight the evil future X-men from the crossover.

It's the two inches of height that they have gained and the deep battlescars that will be very hard to explain away without creating false adventures that never happened for the Original X-Men.

John Byrne's X-Men: The Hidden Years?

18. Admiral_Young

Marvel has officially announced The Death of Wolverine for September. In a surprise...Charles Soule will be writing it (an indication of his growing status in both companies now) and with art from Steve McNiven which Bleeding Cool has previously reported will most likely be his final Marvel project.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/04...harles-soule-and-steve-mcniven-for-september/

19. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

YAWN, wake me when the gimmick is over.

I enjoyed when writers had a skill set to tell new and compelling stories that built character without the crutch of death.

Passing.

20. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

I'm passing just because it's Wolverine and I'm sick of him.

I'll also be passing on this new event about the death of the Watcher (whatever it's called). I'm sick of events and this one has a real "Fear Itself" vibe to it, so pass.