Bacon Foil

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by teacake, Sep 28, 2012.

1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

So I had this great idea. Pull out sheets of (even more) processed bacon that you use as foil on a baking tray. The pull out sheets would be sold as a roll in a plastic thingie to keep in the fridge. When you lined a tray with bacon foil if the bacon foil sticks to your frozen pizza or whatever there won't be any of that tedious foil removal because you just eat the foil bacon! And you can pull up the foil bacon afterwards and either eat it or crumble it to put on other stuff. Bacon would already not burn or stick to a baking tray but I bet once they get it all ready to store in rolled form they will have played with the processing so it works perfectly.

The bacon foil would infuse the bottom of whatever you cook on it with delicious bacon flavor. The kitchen would smell like delicious cooking bacon. Not (particularly, ymmv) recommended for cookies.

I am giving this idea away free to whoever would like to invent it.

2. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    I like it. I don't care who thinks it's strange, I like it. Edible bacon foil. Nice.

And Ancient Aliens Guy likes it too.

[​IMG]

3. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

For the love of god, get on the phone to home shopping network now!! I need this to happen yesterday!

4. teacake

AND ultimately this product will be called..

Bacon Bakeā„¢

5. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

At the risk of being annoying, frozen pizzas are usually meant to be cooked directly on the oven rack.

6. teacake

If I cooked the frozen pizza I cooked tonight directly on the oven rack the overflow of cheese would have dripped onto the oven.

Perhaps your frozen pizzas are more tight asses than our frozen pizzas.

7. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Given the rise of pork belly prices and a looming "bacon shortage" this idea may be good but right now not so practical.

8. teacake

Come the revolution Trekker, NO bacon for you!!

9. Australis

Australis Writer - Australis Admiral

Problem: the foil would drip fat. You don't want foil that drips fat.

I'm not saying it's impossible, and I do like the idea, just pointing out the hurdles.

10. teacake

All the Bacon foil will do is nicely grease the pan so you can reuse it for cookies. It's not literally bacon sewn together with fat strips, it's bacon mashed up and turned a sheet with appropriate fat content to control excess fat release.

11. Mr Silver

Mr Silver Commodore Newbie

Not exactly a popular option for vegetarians, vegans, Jews, Muslims, Hindus, meat allergics, people with high cholesterol, people with high blood pressure, people who are overweight, pregnant women, or anybody who just doesn't like bacon.

12. teacake

So don't eat it.

From what I have seen Bacon is one of the most popular foods ever. It has it's own cult following. You can buy t-shirts about bacon. Does millet have this kind of following? Does tofu? Does zero fat diet I-used-to-be-dairy swill? No, no, no.

This will work.

I also thought that you could actually wrap things in the bacon foil and bake them so they would be surrounded by the baconny goodness as they cooked.. like chiken kiev! And steak fries! And green apples! Now I know you can do all that with bacon now but it often involves tooth picks to hold it all together. With bacon foil you just roll the thing up in the bacon sheet.

13. Mr Silver

But it's shit...

Only recently, have I began to realise how important and beneficial, good nutrition really is. It doesn't particularly matter what you eat, as long as you are eating more good nutritional stuff, than bad nutritional stuff. I feel the best I have in a long time, thanks to ditching the bad nutritional choices.

I'm a vegetarian, but even if I wasn't, I'd still refuse bacon, because of it's lack of nutrition.

It's amazing, the ways in which we can produce food these days, but we're all still focused on the old and bad ways. Just replacing certain ingredients and even some light genetic modification, can turn the worst dishes into stuff that is really good for you.

The way I see it, the focus should be on turning the bad stuff into nutritious stuff that still tastes the same. That way, there will be less problems.

14. teacake

This isn't about nutrition.

It's about making money off of Bacon Foil.

15. Mr Silver

And influencing bad nutrition in the process.

16. Deckerd

Deckerd Fleet Arse Premium Member

Bacon is meat. Anything that has a lot of protein in it does not lack nutrition, by definition. What bacon does have is a load of additives. It's the highy processed nature of bacon that makes it unhealthy, not the fact that it's meat.

17. Mr Silver

That's the point I'm getting at. The additives are what makes it nutritionally bad, coupled with the high calories from fat, and not from protein, as you would get in lean meats such as chicken.

18. teacake

I promise to make you a special bacon flavored tofu sheet soaked in vegetable fat to avoid sticking. I will even add calcium.

19. Mr Silver

I'd rather you ditched the concept of bacon entirely and came up with a sheet, that preserved the flavour and nutritional content of the original dish.

Or hell, maybe just create a sheet that infuses the flavour of something, without any additives or bad shit.

20. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

NO! BACON FOIL NOW!