Phase II begins re-filming "Mind Sifter"

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by PattyW, Jun 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PattyW

PattyW Commander Red Shirt

I apologize that [name redacted by Moderator--Mod] chose to come here and continue his obsessive vendetta which he has been sending to folks via pm and email. It doesn't belong here in public.

My only response is that he has no personal knowledge of my relationship with, nor was he involved in the discussions with Mr. Cawley concerning the Mind Sifter episode and what script would be used...despite his quoting pieces of later conversations.

Only other comments:

Yeah, if you READ the thread that statement by me is the one that Mr. Schnitzer disputed by stating I was wrong...hence leading to my discussion with the producers in private.

Please keep this stuff private and stop the stalking...or I'll be forced to file a slander suit.

And I am not the only one that posts "FYI about Phase II" posts here - just the only person you have problems with. If you guys posted your own stuff here we wouldn't be inclined to share with others. There are a lot of people who don't do FaceBook.

To doubleohfive: I am not a liar. And I also post on other threads for other productions I don't work for any longer...why don't you spread your personal attacks around instead of just here.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2014
  2. wtriker1701

wtriker1701 Commander Red Shirt

Let me put it this way:
    There's an obvious difference between FYIs and FYIs - and this thread has made it more than lucid!

Greetings
    Per

3. Professor Moriarty

Professor Moriarty Rice Admiral Premium Member

This is just sad. Please. Stop.

4. mos6507

mos6507 Commodore Commodore

if Patty still likes Phase II that much, she should do what it takes to get back on their team. The feud between Phase II and Continues is bad enough. It would be nice to see a happy ending to an infighting issue for a change. These things have a way of being unintended misunderstandings that just spiral out of control. But once you air the dirty laundry out in the public like this it's hard to put it back in the bottle because it's made both sides look bad in the process.

5. JimTheBuilder

JimTheBuilder Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I've seen the new shooting script for MINDSIFTER, and I can attest that it is NOTHING like Patty's script (Which I have also seen)... It is MUCH, MUCH better.

Patty...for the love of all things Trek, please stop this. It's done. It's over. Move on. You have pretty much set in stone, the fact that you will never, EVER be welcome back at P II. You did this to yourself. No one else did it. Take responsibility for it. Grow up and own it, and then move on. THIS kind of obsessive behavior proves why you have made yourself unwelcome. Stop embarrassing yourself.

Why the admin hasn't killed this thread several pages back is beyond me....

6. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

I've reported it.

7. PattyW

PattyW Commander Red Shirt

Stop what? I came here and shared some stuff from FaceBook. All the other stuff is you guys. In fact, [Name redacted by Moderator--Mod] came here after two years and all the nonsense was done to make his third post on this board - an entire post of character assassination. Someone is obsessed. And, yes, STOP. You guys are embarrassing and are taking the focus off the new episode to obsess about me. I'm gone...leave me alone.

Two notes.... 1. YOU do not make those kinds of decisions or pronouncements. 2. The current script has Admiral Withrow in it, doesn't it? Are you aware that is something I added to the story? Don't answer...this stuff was settled weeks ago, no need to bring it back up despite [Name redacted
    by Moderator--Mod] and you desperately trying to do so. Just pointing out that all these "side folks with opinions" don't actually know the story closely enough to notice things that Greg did. There's a reason there are producers to handle these things.

mos6507 - I will always love Phase II and James, and will always be there when he needs something. He knows that. I can love it from a fan's perspective, though... I don't want to be back in the group that includes people like [Name redacted by Moderator--Mod] and JimTheBuilder who actively seek out to create drama and other nonsense.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2014
  8. GSchnitzer

GSchnitzer Co-Executive Producer In Memoriam

"We need a moderator here! Patty is making my behavior get out of control!"

The two scripts are nothing alike? Really? How can that be? So which one has lots of elements from the Shirley Maiewski "Mind-Sifter" short story and which one contains absolutely none of those elements? They can't both rely on the original short story and be nothing alike. Even I can see that, and I'm an idiot.

I think that pre-production reviews noted that both scripts (which were to have been developed independently of one another) shared some commonalities which didn't exist in the original source material upon which the two scripts were based. It wasn't immediately obvious how, given our rock-solid scripting process, such improbable commonalities would arise:

1. Both feature a scene with "Admiral Withrow"--a recently-developed Phase II character--that wasn't in the original story. (What are the odds of that?)

2 Both scripts actually show Kirk being tortured/abused by the Klingons before Kirk is deposited in Earth's past. (The original story doesn't actually depict this; it just indicates that such happened.)

3. Both scripts contracted the duration over which the episode spans--from over a year to two and a half months. (Both? Two and a half months?)

This "better script" does raise an interesting question: is it better because of elements from the original source material that the earlier script didn't include? Or, rather, is it better because it now eliminates some of those source material elements? Or is it better because of interesting new elements that are now scripted that we're never even part of Shirley's short story?

No need to answer; the questions are both moot and rhetorical. (Also, I've locked the thread in an effort to stop some kind of dysfunctional feedback loop that seems to have developed. I know, I know: a day late and a dollar short.)

Yes, pretty much the hardest part of my moderating job is policing my own Phase II brethren.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.