Justice League: War (animated movie)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Out Of My Vulcan Mind, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

Some details have been revealed about Justice League: War, the DCU animated movie that will be released in late 2013 or early 2014 (an exact release date hasn't been announced yet). The director is Jay Oliva and the screenwriter is Heath Corson. The movie is an adaptation of Geoff Johns' "Justice League: Origin" story arc that kicked off the New 52 Justice League. The main voice cast is as follows:

Batman - Jason O'Mara
    Superman - Alan Tudyk
    Wonder Woman - Michelle Monaghan
    Green Lantern - Justin Kirk
    The Flash - Christopher Gorham
    Cyborg - Shemar Moore

2. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Alan Tudyk?? Wonder if he'll get to say "I am a leaf on the wind, watch me soar"?

3. ToddKent

ToddKent Captain Captain

That was two issues of story spread out over six issues.

4. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

5. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I'd rather be seeing pre-52 adaptations, but obviously that's not corporate synergy :p

6. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

In the past, they've adapted a mix of recent things like the Superman/Batman comics and more classic things like Superman: Doomsday and Batman: Year One. Hopefully there will still be some older projects getting adaptations from here on in.

You know, what I'd really like to see from the DC Universe DVD line is a movie or two (or more) wrapping up Young Justice -- distilling the high points of what would've been season 3 and giving the series some closure. And maybe a Batman: The Brave and the Bold movie. B:TAS and The Batman both got movies, so why not TB&TB?

But they seem to be committed to new continuities rather than revisiting old ones -- since they rewrote Crisis on Two Earths to be a new continuity rather than the DCAU movie it was written to be.

7. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Anyone else think it's starting to become so BIZARRE how many DC animated movies keep getting released, while Warners sits on their asses and does nothing but live action Superman and Batman movies?! :p

8. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Be interesting to finally see the New 52 costumes in a movie, assuming they use them.

9. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

No Aquaman? That is bad.

10. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Doesn't anyone realize this is just a lame advertisement for the New 52 Comics?;)

Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
  11. Admiral_Young

I'm guessing they are waiting to reveal the voice actors for both Bruce and Arthur.

12. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Are you saying Bruce won't be voiced by Jason O'Mara?

13. AviTrek

AviTrek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Not really. Most of the animated movies are superman, batman, or justice league staring superman and batman. So just as heavy on the big two as live action.

14. Admiral_Young

Oop. I didn't see Batman at the top there.

15. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

That is possible. I don't think Darkseid has been revealed yet either.

16. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I read the first issue of the arc, and I thought it was good, so I'll go ahead and check this one out.
    I'm always impressed with how good the casts they get for these things are.

17. drychlick

drychlick Captain Captain

Great just great 78 year of history of the dc comic! And from now on we only going to get 3 year of history ! I was hopeing to see story like "kingdom Come" Supermen birthright" and Superman war of the world" made ! Hack I was hope they would make Superman vs Spider-man 1976 and Batman vs the Hulk 1981 made but NO every thing has to be new 52 now! oh well lol Me sad lol love Drychlick:confused:

18. TemporalFlux

TemporalFlux Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They can still adapt classic stories, but I think they'll all be adjusted to fit the New 52 (especially costumes).

19. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

God, I hate that arc. All the heroes acting out-of-character, a plot basically non-existent ...

I mean, the first issue alone, where Hal Jordan and Batman encounter a Parademon and say to themselves "That's an alien. You know, this Superman guy is rumored to be an alien to, maybe he's connected to this". Great, the DC world's greatest detective and the guy serving in an intergalactic police both think, all aliens are alike.

20. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Well, the good thing about an adaptation is that they have a chance to change and improve aspects of the original work. For all my problems with the Superman/Batman: Public Enemies movie, the original comic was worse in a lot of ways, though better in a few ways (as I discussed here).