teacake does Stargate: punch it

Discussion in 'Stargate' started by teacake, Oct 7, 2012.

1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Wormhole thanks for that explanation. I never heard the term and I was waiting during that episode for some dude named Ethon to show up.

Off the Grid: This episode opens with cleavage.

[​IMG]

Back to form again with Baal, food scenes and competing agendas. I remember the Lucian Alliance from SG:U, guess it would have had more impact if I'd seen SG:1 first. I'm enjoying all this scrambling for power and resources now that the Goa'uld have lost their grip.

One thing I'm missing.. haven't had any Daniel eps for a while. It seemed in the early seasons that Daniel eps were very common, as were Teal'c eps. Hasn't been much individual character development or personal story lines.

2. teacake

The Scourge: OH creepy and horrible! The visuals of people being eaten.. terrifying. Nicely paced bug horror.

3. gturner

gturner Admiral

I've never given it a moments thought before, but what technique is used to animate fake bugs like that, or did they coordinate with entymologists to get swarms of real giant man-eating bugs?

4. Thor Damar

Thor Damar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thor Damar, God of thunder and monologue..
    That's the one episode of SG1 that I can never watch again. I hate bugs and other insects (except for those charming metallic ones who just want to eat everything and everyone, charming fellows) Still, I like the rest of season Nine on the whole even the Ori...

5. teacake

Arthur's Mantle: The A and B storylines are equally divided in this one, really two distinct episodes other than mashing Mitchell in at the end.

Mitchell and Carter out of phase, the usual stuff. Exciting Ori storyline potential advancement at the end. It seems more and more that the Ancients and the Ori have a lot in common with the Prophets and the Pah Wraiths, all of them not caring much who gets squashed in their big bitch fight.

The fate of the Sodan was awful! Especially as they went out of their way to show us children in this episode and the previous Sodan episode and now they've all been slaughtered by zombie Volnek.

6. gturner

gturner Admiral

I think we've all been out of phase with coworkers at one time or another. It's really no big deal unless the guy trying to bring you back into normal phase belongs in the copy room making copies because he's incompetant at anything more challenging. As most people in this thread can attest, the most irritating thing about being out of phase is that your coins still work in vending machines, but you can't push the buttons, so the office dipshit eventually comes out and does a snoppy dance when he scores your bag of potato chips. The fact that your coins work but your finger doesn't implies some very bad things about Coca-Cola, Pepsi-Co, and many other large retail corporations. I harbor strong suspicions that your ATM card will swipe regardless of phase.

7. teacake

And let's not forget the age old out of phase mystery.. why do you not fall through the floor?

8. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

Because "out-of-phase" stories are usually the bottom of the barrel, so there's nowhere to fall to.

9. teacake

awww... I love a good out of phase story. That wasn't one of them though :lol:

Watched the first 10 minutes of the penultimate Season 9 ep last night and then was irretrievably interrupted. I need a Stargate vacation where I just lock myself in a hotel room with take away menus and a big tv. Anyway, Vala was super hot for those 10 minutes and has now shifted completely out of the cheesy zone and into the :adore: zone. What's good about this is it might get me back to Farscape which I wandered away from towards the end of the first season.

10. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Farscape is 10 times better than SG-1 and 100 times better than Atlantis. :lol:

11. teacake

Crusade: OH. MY. GOD. That was the BEST episode this season, it was wonderful!!! I was in tears! Such a good story of Vala in the village and her conflicting fears and sympathies. So heartening to see the resistance. So much mystery still!

TEAL'C: You have been impregnated without copulation?
    VALA: Yes. And I'm absolutely terrified. Have any of you ever heard of anything like it?
    Mitchell raises his eyebrows and looks to Carter, who shrugs slightly.
    MITCHELL: Well, there's oneā€¦
    TEAL'C: Darth Vader.

Don't the Ori have enough followers without impregnating people?! Okay we will assume this will be the Super Ori Baby. I'm going to ignore the Arthur references for the moment even though I know they are going to happen because King Arthur is a big bore.

Also kind of surprised not to get any Daniel commentary about suddenly inhabiting a pregnant woman, that would have been different. But maybe this will come up in the next ep.

Vala..

[​IMG]

is incredible.

[​IMG]

Can't get enough of her.

12. bigdaddy

Yeah when they added her to the show I went "This makes no sense, she stole a ship". But she was the best thing about season 9.

Just wait until the best episode, biggest, most insane cliffhanger season finale Sg-1 has ever done.

13. teacake

I think Vala works really well because she is outside of the military and the civilians in bed with the military. She's got no chain of command other than her whims and ideals.

14. bigdaddy

I agree. But when you think about we all knew she was joining the show, so when they came out with that info before we watched it I went "She stole a ship, they would never let her on the team", but it really worked well.

15. teacake

Sci fi is full of people who did dumb ass things who were then embraced into the fold.

I can't wait to watch the finale!!!! Which I should be doing in an hour or so!!

16. teacake

Camelot: That was a helluva space battle.. and quite the ending. Poor Vala, through the whole episode I wondered where she was.

And Carter watching the destruction from her suit, marooned in space..

[​IMG]

17. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

"Well, here I am..."

18. gturner

gturner Admiral

Pick me up any time guys.

19. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well, thing is, in SG-1 the stones weren't really a two-way swap like they were in SGU. Take for example in Avalon/Origin at the beginning of the season, the people Daniel and Vala switched with did not control their bodies, they were simply unconscious while the stones were hooked up. Likewise, I'd assume Vala herself was unconscious while connected, and Daniel himself likely has a blank memory of the day.

20. teacake

But when she swapped back Vala's body was doing stuff with the stones machine and the other resistance people. So she wasn't in bed flaked out.