parallels could have had a character from ds9

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by hayesc0, Dec 8, 2012.

1. hayesc0

hayesc0 Lieutenant Red Shirt

I think that episode would have been the perfect chance to maybe have sisko as the captain of the enterprise or maybe dax as chief of operations on the enterprise

2. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Yeah, but when the episode was filmed in 1993, it's unlikely anyone (including Michael Dorn) suspected Worf would transfer to DS9.

3. Vanyel

Vanyel The Imperious Leader Premium Member

I think he's looking at it the other way around, DS9 character appearing on TNG. Sisko getting over the loss of wife earlier and getting command of the Enterprise after losing Picard to the Borg and requesting Jadzia to be on the Enterprise as the Chief Science Officer and Data as Chief Operations officer and Second Officer.

4. Melakon

That might have worked, but it would have distracted from Worf's story. And Sisko and Dax would have required additional speaking parts as glorified extras. A story focused in that type of universe might have worked. I was never that thrilled with the show crossover appearances in "Birthright", the DS9 characters should have been more involved with the plot. Or they should have set up a 2-parter in TNG, with the conclusion told on DS9's show.

5. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

^Sisko perhaps, but not Dax especially in 1993. Bashir in one of the sickbay scenes throwing wisecracks at Data would been cool.

And the fact nobody from the DS9 cast was a part of the plot was a great thing. Just because the Enterprise went to DS9 doesn't mean Sisko, Kira, Dax or Bashir has to be part of the plot. Ships come in and go. The senior staff of those ships probably don't often interact except for asking Kira permission to dock or leave.

6. Vanyel

No just thinking that in one timeline, Sisko could have been promoted Captain and given the Enterprise after Picard was lost in the battle with the Borg.

In DS9 it always seemed to me that Sisko requested Jadzia be assigned to him. It could also have happened when he got the Command of the Federation flag ship.

It could have been interesting.

7. Kinggodzillak

Kinggodzillak Captain Captain

Or Kira in command of the Bajoran ship that attacked them.

8. starburst

starburst Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The easiest, least distracting and most obvious would of been to have O'Brien in one of the universes in one of the Engineering scenes.

9. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

They also could have had characters from either TNG or Voyager in DS9's mirror universe. I know they had Tuvok appear once, but never the vivacious and emotional Anika Hansen.

I agree it would have been cool to have crossover appearances from DS9 in Parallels, just as Bashir appeared in Birthright, maybe they didn't because of shooting schedules?

10. Melakon

It is a little disappointing TNG never did a mirror universe story. The closest we get is "Yesterday's Enterprise". The question is, who would have worn the obligatory beard?

11. Finn

^You are disappoinated? Have you seen half of the MU episodes on DS9 :lol:

12. Vanyel

Had TNG done a MU episode before DS9, then DS9 would have their MU like the one shown in TNG. Hopefully it would be one with the Terran Empire still in power or fighting to keep it.

13. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

They had the PERFECT opportunity to do many kickass crossovers between TNG and DS9 casts like Buffy/Angel and Hercules/Xena.

But they completely squandered it! That's what pissed me off the most!:mad::scream:

14. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I like that idea. :)

Also, in that last universe - where it was Bajor who'd occupied Cardassia - have Garak be an officer on the Enterprise...

15. Finn

Depends on which producer was behind the TNG's MU episodes and who had the MU show up on DS9.

16. Melakon

I've seen all of them. I've also seen "Mirror, Mirror" and "In a Mirror Darkly". Voyager gets points for "Living Witness". TNG never took that half-step to evil.