How Excited are You about Star Trek Into Darkness?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by StarTrek1701, Sep 22, 2012.

1. StarTrek1701

StarTrek1701 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Just a simple discussion thread. :)

Are you extremely excited, somewhat excited, in the middle, not excited at all but will see it eventually or are not interested in Into Darkness at all?

2. controlfreak

controlfreak Commander Red Shirt

3. Jimi_James

Jimi_James Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Somewhat excited. I'm anxious to see the next installment of the new trek, but since we know practically nothing about it, I can't work up much more enthusiasm until we know more.

4. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Not excited, but will probably see it at some point. The last movie pretty much had a Star Wars level plot and featured watered down versions of the TOS crew in my opinion.

5. Spock/Uhura Fan

Spock/Uhura Fan Captain Captain

I think anyone here has at least some interest, as do I. I know what I'm interested in seeing and what I'm not, and since we probably won't know much of anything about the film until it's out in theaters, that's when I'll decide whether I'm going to see it or not. Well, at least in theaters... Renting might still be a possibility.

6. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Explodingly.

This thread needs a poll:

1. Romulan Supernova
    2. Looking forward to it
    3. Meh
    4. Don't care
    5. JJ don't touch me there!

7. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm hard at working inventing a time machine so I can see it before the premiere.

8. ralph

ralph Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Now, I'm curious, but with the trailer and knowing something about the history I could get more excited.

9. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm very excited.

And I don't get how people are still complaining on how we have next to nothing about the film, and that we should know more....

I mean, guys, this is basicly what it used to be before the internet you know? Nowadays you sit in the theatre and you'll go 'yeah, I read about this scene' or 'oh, this is what we saw as a clip online'.

There was a time when everybody was unspoiled and thought of it as (shock and horror coming) normal!!

10. StarMan

StarMan Vice Admiral Admiral

I am unexcited by Star Trek Into Darkness thus far. If I knew more than the scant details we have, or if the film were being released a week from now, it would be a different story. Once the publicity ball gets rolling I'm sure my excitement will start a slow burn. :)

11. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Not excited. And I won't be until Abrams finally lets some info come to the general public.

12. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I am hoping I do not die before it is released. I am being extra careful crossing the street.

13. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

I'll go see it opening weekend, like I have with every Trek film I've seen except Insurrection (which I didn't see in the theater). But I'm more excited about the upcoming TNG seasons coming to Blu-ray.

14. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

TNG on blu-ray. I'll admit, I prefer not to double-dip on blu-ray releases that I already own on DVD, since DVDs can be played on a blu-ray. And indeed, I have not purchased season 1. I'll admit, however, season 2 has me curious primarily for the extended edition of The Measure of a Man.

15. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Such an incredible difference in quality, I don't really consider it a double-dip. :techman:

16. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

I'm more excited about the TNG, DS9, & VOY novels set after Nemesis, but I'm still interested enough (as a Trek fan) to go see the new movie.

17. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Pretty excited. Mainly I want big box office so that CBS will listen to Bob Orci's TV pitch next summer.

18. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Once I see a trailer, I'll probably get more excited. Now, not so much.

19. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

Nothing so far to base any excitement upon, the decision to title it "into darkness" make me less willing to see it on opening day/weekend. But I will find time to see the movie the follow week at a afternoon showing.

:)

20. Spock/Uhura Fan

Spock/Uhura Fan Captain Captain

I think that kind of sums it up. The trailer for he first movie really sold it to me. I hope they do that well this time around too.