Welcome new Voyager fans!

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Caprica_Six, Apr 16, 2005.

1. ArynSun

ArynSun Cadet Newbie

Greetings Trek fans!

I love Voyager. Janeway is my favorite Captian.
    Nothing against any of the other Treks of
    characters. Simply, Voyager is my favorite.

2. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

Welcome to the board, ArynSun! :)

3. emmymme

emmymme Ensign Newbie

I've made a few posts but wanted to say hi properly!

I'm a big Voyager and DS9 fan - grew up watching TNG and loved watching the DS9 episodes when they were airing new! I'm currently starting season 7 of Voyager rewatching them on Space channel.

4. kissthestar

kissthestar Captain Captain

Greetings everyone. I am a lifelong fan of all things Trek. Through unfortunate circumstances (jobs requiring tremendous amounts of OT), I only recently have had a chance to catch up on Voyager. I have seen very few DS9 eps, as well, after the second season. Imagine my excitement! Through the local library system, which has all the seasons on dvd, I can see the entire Voyager series. Many people had told me it wasn't very good, but so far I have seen several thought-provoking episodes. For example,"Living Witness" offers both laughs and ideas. What episodes do the rest of you consider especially good?

5. kimc

kimc Coffee Mod Admiral

I like "Resistance", "Death Wish" and "Meld" as well as many others.

Welcome to the board. :)

6. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

Welcome to the board, kissthestar! (Nice username. :))

As for my favorite episodes ... I think I like these the best:

Caretaker
    Eye of the Needle
    Projections
    Elogium
    Meld
    Warlord
    Fair Trade
    Rise
    Before and After
    Year of Hell
    Mortal Coil
    Living Witness
    Night
    Blink of an Eye
    Memorial
    Author, Author

7. kissthestar

I have seen some of these, and they are good. I've just seen "Someone to Watch over Me" (Fantastic!), and (WOW!) "Lineage" shook me up a bit too. "Fractured" intrigues me, with its hints of early antagonism among characters. I am waiting to see the 1st and 2nd seasons. The growth of the B'Ellana character interests me, and I need to see more of the earlier eps, I think.

8. kissthestar

The best Doctor (Picardo) ep, in my opinion, is "Critical Care".

9. kissthestar

I like Mulgrew. She takes getting used to. Her dramatic pauses and big, big hand/arm gestures remind me of Shatner. Not bad, but not restrained, like a few of the other Star Trek capts.

10. kissthestar

"Meld" seems to imply that a violent state of mind is "infectious." Can one catch violence? Does vicarious exposure (through contact with violence-prone persons) make one more prone to violent outbursts?

11. Akiraprise

Akiraprise To Ꝏ & BEYOND! Moderator

^ Why don't you start a new thread on that topic kissthestar? Could make for a good discussion.

This thread is primarily for welcoming new members to the forum. If you don't find a thread on a topic you like, don't be afraid to start a new one. :)

12. borgboy

borgboy Commodore Commodore

Just though I'd swing by an introduce myself. I just finished watching my Voyager dvds, just watched Endgame an hour or so ago.
    I love Kes, I find her innocnece and sweetness very believable, and her pschic powers had lots of potential. I hate that she was written out.
    Janeway is a great character, with a dark side that rivals any of the other captains. Janeway can be so strong and wily. She's my favorite, npw after rewatching moving up from 2nd place ahead of Kes.
    Seven is also great, Jeri Ryan is an underestemated actress, able to convey pain, wonder and humor. My favorite performnce from her was when she was possessed by the Doctor. She channeled his personality perfectly and was screamingly funny. The scen where she eats the cheesecake for the first time ( As the Doctor ) and practicaly has an orgasm is probably the funniest ST moment ever.
    The Doctor had a great character arc thru the series, developing from a near blank slate into a deeply complex person. The question of holographic rights is fascinating and deeply thought provoking, as well as a great contribution to ST's legacy of social issues being addressed thru sci fi parable.
    There are so many great episodes I have a hard time picking one favorite, but my favorite is Year of Hell, seeing things go from bad to worse the crew shows what they're made of as they struggle against their hardest times. Reset button or not, it's a great story.
    I'm reading my way thru a huge mountain of Star Trek novels and am looking forward to the upcoming Destiny books and am really intrigued by the upcoming Voyager re-relaunch books.

13. kimc

kimc Coffee Mod Admiral

^ Welcome to the Voyager forum borgboy. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your insights in the discussion threads. :)

14. DigitalDweller

DigitalDweller Cadet Newbie

Hello, I am Digital Dweller and I am new to Star Trek Voyager. I'm a theoretician with a particular interest in Metaphysics.

The Star Trek Franchise has always interested me greatly but Voyager has actually helped me become a better person.

15. kimc

kimc Coffee Mod Admiral

^ Welcome. :)

16. Captain Ryan

Captain Ryan Captain Captain

Hi all, Im Captain Ryan. My real world name is Ryan, so that is where the user name came from. I am a college student in PA, majoring in History and hopeing to get accepted by the law school in three years. Voyager is and always has been my favorite star trek series, along with the origional series. I would have to say that Tom Paris would have to be my favorite crew member, being very much like myself.

17. Lynx

Lynx Vice Admiral Admiral

My favorites are:

Cold Fire
    Persistence Of Vision
    Caretaker
    Warlord
    Basics (part 1 and 2)

Welcome to the board to all newcomers!

18. kissthestar

I am old (relatively) and not good with computers. I don't know how to start a new thread on my own. What do I need to do?

19. Lynx

Lynx Vice Admiral Admiral

Go to the main page for the Voyager forum. Up to the left, there's a button with the text "New Thread". Click on that one and start from there.

20. Vorik

Vorik Ensign Red Shirt

Hey guys new to the forums
    wanted to say hello
    Just finished watching all of the voyager series on DVD
    watched em in about 2 weeks.....have had a broken elbow and muscle damage so haven't been able to do much but sit around and watch movies and such
    really love all of the voyager series
    just ordered from amazon the first two books of the voyager re-launch they should hopefully get here soon anyway
    glad to be here

:)
    D A N N Y