Filming Locations!!!

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by EnriqueH, Jan 20, 2015.

1. EnriqueH

EnriqueH Commodore Commodore

So which filming locations have you been to?

I got inspired by the Trek Locations thread, and thought some of us have probably been to some cool film locales.

I'll start:

This is the church from the pre-credits sequence of the James Bond movie, "Licence to Kill", where Bond and Felix Leiter parachute down to Felix's wedding. It's in Key West.

I have more pictures of this site, and other locations, but I thought I'd start with one to make sure there's interest.

[​IMG]

2. scotpens

scotpens Professional Geek Premium Member

I live in Los Angeles. My whole damn town is a filming location! :)

3. EnriqueH

Then snap to it! Bust out the photos!

4. bbailey861

bbailey861 Admiral Admiral

We are going to be visiting Monument Valley - the location of several John Wayne (and other) films - at the end of Feb. I'll try to post a couple.

5. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

I drive the Amstutz "expressway" (aka: the highway to nowhere) every day.

Scenes for Blues Brothers, Groundhog Day & the last Batman movie were filmed there. A few TV shows as well I think.

6. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

I live in Nottingham so have been to Wollerton Hall, or Stately Wayne Manor as its also known ;) Been to London so many times that I've likely seen an awful lot of film locations, a biggie a few years ago was going to Corfu though as I got to see a lot of the locations from For Your Eyes Only

7. EnriqueH

Aside from being a hardcore Trek fan, I'm also a hardcore James Bond fan (as well as Star Wars). These are my personal Holy Trinity of Film franchises.

Here's a picture of Emilio Largo's Palmyra estate in Nassau from the 4th Bond film, "Thunderball".

[​IMG]

8. Garak

Garak Cruisin' Premium Member

Vancouver, so....a lot. I used to work in the Lexcorp building in Smallville.

9. EnriqueH

Does anybody have pictures to share?

10. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

Not a literal film location, but this is me in the Forum, doing my best to match Rome with the ruins:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here I'm in Cornwall's Eden Project, where the tropical greenhouse part of Die Another Day's ice palace sequence was filmed:

[​IMG]

And this is me from the 2005 film Just Like Heaven DVD, reading Al Franken's Lies... far, far behind Ruffalo and Witherspoon in San Francisco's Washington Square Park, where I was a paid extra:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. TemporalFlux

TemporalFlux Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I was in the audience of the James Brown concert in France during the movie "Get on Up; it filmed in Thalia Murrah Hall in Jackson, MS. I don't think it showed up on screen, but I thought it was amusing that they replaced the emergency exit signs with the French translation for Exit.

12. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

I work in the general area where Soprano's was filmed, so I occasionally cruise past one of the locations. The Tic Tock Diner is right near work.

13. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Been to Monument Valley, I could add in Yosemite.

14. EnriqueH

OCP Headquarters from the original Robocop. In downtown Dallas:

[​IMG]

15. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

This.

I recently discovered that I live just a few blocks from Kevin and Winnie's houses from The Wonder Years, too. :lol:

I've pictures of the various places I've been around town, I'll try to load them up and share later today.

Also: great thread, EnriqueH!

16. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

I lived in Baltimore for a year, so I went to many filming locations from Homicide: Life on the Street, the most recognizable being the City Recreation Pier, which served as the police precinct for the series' entire seven-year run. The building (which has been vacant since 1999, although plans are now afoot to convert it to a luxury hotel) still has the Baltimore City Police signage from when the series was filming there.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

To start:

I've been several times, but this was from the most recent trip with my girlfriend (who had never been) back in October to Descanso Gardens, a local, beautiful nature preserve in Glendale, which also happens to be the location that doubled for Sherwood Forest in TNG's "Q-Pid."

[​IMG]

Here's a shot from Yosemite National Park, which apart from being just about the most beautiful place in the entire damn country was also featured in Star Trek V.

[​IMG]

I've been to Vasquez Rocks [as seen on Star Trek and Buffy The Vampire Slayer (among others)] several times, too:

The first time, in 2009:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

...again in 2011:

[​IMG]

And again in 2012:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's a shot from Randy's Donuts in L.A., the exterior of which has been featured in (among others) Arrested Development and Iron Man 2:

[​IMG]

Finally, these are from my last job at Sony. I snapped a few photos of the Sony Pictures Plaza building, which has doubled as various office buildings on shows (the earliest I can recall is in the background of an 1990 episode of Dallas, but you guys probably recognize it better as the exterior of Wolfram & Hart from Angel:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've got a photo somewhere of the Hyperion Hotel from Angel as well, but I need to track it down.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
  18. EnriqueH

Nice pics, man!

Isn't that last building also in "The Running Man" with Arnold Schwarzenegger and Richard Dawson?

19. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Well it does look like the ICS building from that film.

20. EnriqueH

Are you ready for pain? Are you ready for suffering?