In response to FSC requests ... and REM's latest.

Discussion in 'Trek Tech' started by REMMandel, Sep 14, 2007.

1. REMMandel

REMMandel Ensign Red Shirt

Lately I've gotten some emails that the FSC torrent went down. Seemed as good an opportunity to me as any to update things a bit. So, here's a new FSC torrent for you:

http://www.mininova.org/tor/886164

As a bonus, for all of you who have been patiently waiting, I'm including a partial draft of the "new" canonized FSC and an advanced WIP draft of my latest effort, Guide to the Klingon Fleet. GKF is about 75-80% complete, enough for you fellows to start taking your carving knives to it. :) Besides, you guys know this stuff better than I do. Peer review always helps.

Another reason why I'm releasing GKF now is that I know some of the Franchise folks hang out here. GKF is keyed to canon- and licensed-only material. I'd like to include a short list of "accepted" fanon Klingon designs despite their unofficial status. You know the ones I'm talking about -- the rest of Patrick's SFH ships, Todd's K'teremny, Aridas' Kobayashi Maru, Cleev's carrier, Jackill's unique creations, and the like. The ones most fans here accept anyway, regardless of whether or not they're official. ;) If our Franchise friends have no objection, they'll be in the next rev, or possibly in a "special" GKF supplement.

Enjoy!

2. Starlock

Starlock Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Any chance for a non p2p format? We aren't allowed to use any p2p where I work. :(

3. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

FSC? GKF? SFH?!?

Too many TLAs*.... :D

(Seriously, what do they mean?!?)

* Three Letter Acronyms

4. Bernard Guignard

Bernard Guignard Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Nice to see you back and I'm looking forward to seeing what you've come up with have you sent it to Captian Jason for inclusion on to his Starfleet Network web site where he has put your other material ?

5. Capt_Jason

Capt_Jason Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

@ B.J.

FSC = Federation Spaceflight Chronology
    GKF = Guide to the Klingon Fleet.

Nice art gallery you have there, B.J. I would love to include your lifeboats and shuttlecraft at my own site if I may.

Thanks for the mention, Bernard!

Yes, by all means REM, send them along to me at starfleetnet.com. The site just went through a useability makeover and my forums are starved for attention, hehe.

Speaking of which, I need to put Volume 11 and 12 to site. I believe I was waiting for the Klingon and Romulan supplements to be completed before posting those. Is the FSC "coffee table" edition in its completed form yet?

6. REMMandel

REMMandel Ensign Red Shirt

I'll email you all the stuff as soon I can, Capt. Jason. I've been reflooring my house (groan). That, and focusing almost exclusively on the new Klingon manual. I wanted to make sure at least the general format and 75% of the material was in place before I worked on anything else. I know a lot of people have been waiting on it. I hope you're not disappointed (aside from my bad spelink & gramma). ;)

No, the coffee table FSC isn't finished yet, and I forgot to include the current WIP in the torrent. I'll make sure to seed another torrent, plus make sure Jason gets a copy. The coffee table FSC is on hold while I finish up Guide to the Klingon Fleet. It's "done" in draft form, though, all the way up to the mid-22nd century, right before the ENTERPRISE era. Some interesting difference with the original FSC. Consarned canon timeline! :P

I'll also try to send out my notes on Klingonaase that I made while developing GKF. I'm sure the Klink fans would like them.

7. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

No problem there!

8. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Say, I don't suppose that anyone has been able to reseed or upload these to a file server..?

Mark

9. Capt_Jason

Capt_Jason Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Volumes 1 - 12 are fully archived here. I still need to upload the Romulan and Klingon supplements, which I will get to sometime today.

10. reveryroadie

reveryroadie Ensign Newbie

has anyone resseded these or uploaded them? I am missing volume B2 the 2nd romulan suplement

thanks in advance

Jon

11. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

6 year old thread! a new record!

12. Darkwing

Darkwing Commodore Commodore

So, the answer is apparently "no". Sad, I'm wishing for volume 2 of the Romulans, as well.

13. reveryroadie

i guess we will still be waiting for a while for someone to reseed volume B2

14. reveryroadie

everytime i try and down load Volume B2(romulan supplement) it gets to about 54% and stops. hell it is only a 1.10 MB file, someone should just post it someplace so those of us that want it can get it already.

15. reveryroadie

so after a couple of years of searching the web, i found both volumes of the Romulan Supplement. also i sent a message to R.E. Mandel on Devient Art(found him by accident), about his series Mandels Fighting Starships. He messaged me today saying, While he never finished Volume 1(Federation Fleet Review), he is considering revisiting that project next year, and getting it out for the Trek fan Base. If i hear anything more i will of course post it.

16. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Good to know.

17. reveryroadie

If you go to Deviantart.com and search for REMandel, over the past few weeks he has been adding, some "ships of Starfleet" PDF's, and today he released a WIP(work in progress) of Vol. 1 of Mandel's fighting Starships IE: Federation Fleet Review". it clocks in at 224 pages in length, and is not finished yet, but it will give you a good idea, of the scope of the project. from what i have looked at, he has done a bang up job for us fans