NFL Discussion - 2013 Season

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by tomalak301, Sep 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caligula

Caligula Vice Admiral Admiral

So, the shutout is prevented. Figured that NE would score eventually. They've still got quite a mountain to climb. I'd say it's about a mile high... :devil:

2. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well, crap. Looks like NE just woke up.

3. Caligula

I really don't know why I even bother watching a Brady/Manning matchup. Even when it looks like Peyton's team is kicking ass, I know what's going to happen. Or, if I don't, I should. Fucking waste of time.

4. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

BRONCOS WHAT THE FUCK???? :scream::scream::scream:

They blew a 24-0 lead. Oh, my God. What happened????

5. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

:D

Gotta be another crappy way that could have gone against the Pats, though. The way things have been going, I was half expecting a penalty for not letting the Broncos have a fair turn at the ball...

6. Spider

Spider Dirty Old Man Premium Member

When the Texans decide to crash and burn they don't mess around! :lol:

7. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

hail satan

8. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Sloppy game on both sides, trying to hold on to that frozen ice cube they were using instead of a football :)

That said, I liked what I saw in this game, after, you know, the 0-24 first half. Good mix of players stepping up, no one overwhelmed by the situation, and got a glimpse of old school 'genius' Belichick again in this one. He'd been missing for a while, but ballsy call on defering the ball in OT. You don't see that very often, especially choosing to give Manning the ball when a TD ends the game without you touching it. I thought the captains just fucked up on that one, and the announcers had just finished telling us that choosing the wind rather than the ball would be stupid. Belichick then immediately does that, of course. BUT, if you can prevent the TD, it would have been a bitch of a FG, and essentially forced the Broncos to need to get another 10 yards every drive, versus being able to try longer FGs on the Pats' own drives. Ended up directly affecting Denver, having them punt on what would have been about a 55 yard FG. Pats didn't end up needing the wind boost on their kick, but it definitely played a factor in the punting/field position in OT.

9. Caligula

A wizard did it. I'm convinced.

Normally, my ritual in the morning is to watch "First Take" on ESPN2. Couldn't even do that after last night. That's how embarrassing that second half was.

10. Pegaritaville

Pegaritaville Vice Admiral Admiral

So much for the Packers-Vikings border battle. That tie kind of screwed both teams. The Packers are still behind the Bears and Loins in the standings and the Vikings may have lost a chance at the #1 draft pick. And the fans on both sides spent 3+ hours watching dreadful football for nothing.

11. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

[​IMG]

I see that Brady has learned how to communicate with Gronk in his own language.

12. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Yeah, it's kinda like trying to discuss literature with the Hulk. After a while, you just give in and agree that Gronk smash... ;)

Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
  13. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

"Puny god." :D

14. chrisspringob

chrisspringob Commodore Commodore

15. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Interesting little article about Ndamukong Suh:

How to Write a Hit Piece on Ndamukong Suh: A 13-step guide to trashing the NFL's most dominant, eloquent, and incendiary bad guy

I think the article makes lots of good points, but it also glosses over the more indefensible things that Suh did. I think he's unfairly overly maligned, but I can't see he's unfairly maligned.

16. Use of Time

Use of Time Commodore Commodore

True. Football players sign on knowing full well that the game is violent and brutal. They do not sign up for it to be open season in between plays like the Packers player that got kicked in the head or him trying to rip Delhomme's head off. I like football and I have no problem saying that Suh's is a dirty player. I don't think that is hypocritical.

17. Spider

Spider Dirty Old Man Premium Member

Suh is just another Richie Incognito. He can kiss my ass. They have no place in the NFL.

18. Pegaritaville

Pegaritaville Vice Admiral Admiral

The Packers sure looked ugly on Thanksgiving. Shows just how one-dimensional they are: Without Rogers, they can't do a damned thing on offense. And with Dom Capers as their defensive coordinator, they need to score plenty to win.

Pretty stupid of me to pick up Matt Flynn in fantasy- I would have been better just leaving the QB position blank.

At least with the flex scheduling, the Packers game next week was moved to the early time and they don't have to worry about embarrassing themselves on national TV again.

19. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

BTW, I don't really care either way about the Steelers-Ravens game, but that was a stupid penalty (the way it exists not the fact that it was called).

20. Use of Time

Use of Time Commodore Commodore

Romo played with the flu yesterday. That must have felt great. I was wondering why he looked so out of it in the press conference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.