24: Live Another Day. Discussion Thread. (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Trekker4747, May 4, 2014.

1. Marten

Marten Captain Captain

Imagine that phone call. "Hello, I'm calling to inform you there are six insanely deadly drones flying in your airspace. They basically invisible, but if you would happen to see one, could you please shoot it down?"

2. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

I don't mind the Goth look for Chloe. Of course since I'm still relatively new to the series this season is basically my introduction to the character. I am familiar with Mary Lynn though as far back as 'Mr. Show with Bob and David,' and of course her two episodes as Gail the Snail on 'It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia.'

Looking at images of Chloe from the other seasons, I do agree that her look this season is definitely a huge change for the character.

3. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Watched the episode, pretty good one but it's not great watching Jack sitting there and stewing but it looks like FINALLY next week he'll be out there and acting in an official capacity. Good to see that Heller has a *bit* of common sense when it comes to trusting Jack and knowing what he can get done we really haven't had this since Palmer. :lol:

The scene with him and Audrey was good.

And loved the touch of Chloe's special brand of Grade-A snark we got in this episode when talking to Kate about their analyst. "He's good, you should give him a raise!" :lol: Oh, Chloe.

And no points if you correctly guessed the house that everyone was going to wasn't the right one (a mission to apprehend dangerous international terrorists obviously needs to include ground work for the head of the local CIA branch.) Agent Yvonne is on the clock now!

4. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I thought they were going to misdirect them to the house that Chloe was in. When they said "estate", I thought that's what they called project type buildings in the UK.

5. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

This week's episode was the "Let's Give Kiefer Sutherland a Break and Have Him Sit Around For An Hour Episode". He probably has it in his contract that he gets a Jack Bauer lite episode so he can get some rest for a week.

6. Trekker4747

Well, he kind of got that in the first episode of the season. ;)

It's more like this episode was the episode where Jack sits and hones his energy until he's given the requisite carte blanche before going full-Bauer until the deed is done.

.... Okay, that may sound a bit dirtier than intended.

7. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

Finally got around to watching the three episodes I was behind on. You had to guess that the house was the wrong one. We're only in hour five of twelve.

8. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

I dare say that's kind of the whole point, no? I mean given what we now know about why she's with this crowd.

You're not wrong, but what you're thinking of are council estates as opposed to a country estate.

9. Base_Delta_Zero

Base_Delta_Zero Commodore Commodore

They need to put Jack in the field with Kate and let the blonde duo start filling bodybags. You know it's going to happen. Let's just get to it, yeah? The cocktease with showing Jack's mile-long hit list from past seasons is driving me crazy.

10. Trekker4747

Right now, I'm cooling my heels waiting for everyone else to pull their head out of their ass and realize that I'm Jack Fucking Bauer and I know what the hell I'm doing.

The following takes place between 4:00 PM and 5:00 PM.

Events sorta take place in real time.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
  11. wtriker1701

wtriker1701 Commander Red Shirt

@Aldo:
    Oh, you're in for a ride. Seasons 1 and 2 are the ones that never disappoint at ANY time.
    Season3 and 4 manage to give you quite the entertainment as well.
    Season 5 might be a little hard to swallow, but the following seasons 6-8 are downright downers - and not in an entertaining or anything positive way...

12. Trekker4747

Eh, I don't think 7 was that bad.

13. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

My memory grows dim but 2-3-5 were the best, 1-4-7 were good, 6-8 were enh. Honestly I barely remember the last two seasons...

14. Trekker4747

I'd say that by and large the show has had a pretty steady declining level of quality as the stakes were upped, and the show took itself less and less seriously. But that last season was a pretty sharp spike. Sort of like looking at Al Gore's CO2 chart where things wiggle and squiggle up and down a bit and then in the last century or so it spikes up.

Because that 8th season of 24 was just PAINFUL, I've not even re-watched it on DVD yet, but I will as I go through the series on DVD this next week or so.

And while the show's quality may have '"declined" over the seasons I'd say only slightly (other than season 8 and *maybe* 6) even at it's worst (aside from season 8) the show was still pretty darn fun and entertaining to watch. And, hell, there's even a *touch* of something to enjoy in 8. It's still just very, very, painful.

To Aldo I'd say watch through the whole series, even season 8. It's still a fun and enjoyable show all around it just never seemed to reattain the "spark" those first 2 or 3 seasons had.

15. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Promo pic from tonight's episode:
    [​IMG]

16. Mr. Adventure

"I also have some roofies on me in case you don't like needles."

17. Mr. Adventure

"OMG, Propofol is soooo last year..."

18. Trekker4747

Are you snarking all by yourself in here, Mr. Adventure? ;)

19. Mr. Adventure

I am, dammit! Trying to see if anyone else would come by. :lol:

20. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Would it REALLY be spoiler to say "yet ANOTHER traitor"?!?!?!?!

I wish instead of a traitor, it'd simply be someone just trying to cover some incompetence