Mass Effect 3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by PsychoPere, Dec 10, 2010.

1. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They confirmed that choices were cut from the first (intro) segment.

I don't know if they confirmed that choices were cut from what we saw in the second segment, but it definitely lost a lot of (probably spoiler-y) dialogue, so I wouldn't be concerned about its lack of choices either.

2. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I watched the first part of the leaked beta and there was some import-related dialogue there, so I don't doubt it will be there in the finished product. Remember they need to keep these demos within a manageable size so that people will download them. You're not going to find everything.

On another note, my turian Sentinel + the Widow = Win. :D

3. HotRod

HotRod Commodore Commodore

OK. I wasn't sure what to expect for the CGI trailer for ME3. The previous ones for the ME and and ME2 were alright but something to me always seemed off about the animation. But this one, I am not ashamed to say I loved. There were a few issues here and there, but overall I thought it was awesome.

On the side of game details it looks like we might be getting BOTH the Mako and the Hammerhead (hopfully with a lil' more armour) back. Plus we got our first look at Systems Alliance Dreadnoughts! (awesome, even if it don't jive 100% with the codex)

Also go to see some more of Ashley's new armour, which I like. Glad to have her back at my side. Would have liked to have had Garrus at Shepard's side as well, but hey, nothing's perfect.

http://youtu.be/Vs7kix6_8Ks

Note: This was still a trimmed down version. Full version out this Tuesday!

4. throwback

throwback Captain Captain

The animation in the trailer is extraordinary. I will have to let myself down gradually for I expect the game to be of a lower quality animation.

It was nice to see the Mako and the Hammerhead working side-by-side.

What is with Ashley's hairdo? That doesn't seem to be very military to me. The pictures I have seen of women in the military shows them having short hair, like the men.

Finally, based on the last image of the Earth, will there be anything to be saved upon the completion of Shepard's mission? Both the American continents are on fire, and I assume the rest of the world is on fire as well.

5. Skywalker

Ashley kept her hair tied back in ME1 and ME2, but for some reason they felt the need to give her a 'sexier' look in ME3.

6. ATimson

If we don't I'm now going to be sorely disappointed and have only you to blame for raising my hopes. :scream:

Could be worse. At least they didn't give her a catsuit like Miranda and Samara or... nothing like Jack. But I wouldn't have recognized her as Ashley if I hadn't read the thread first.

7. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

^But they did stick her in high heels and an odd little miniskirt for her casual look. I have to say, Ash's makeover is probably my least favourite thing about ME3. I mean at least with Miranda, Jack and Samara their respective looks were consistent with their character. True, Ash was definitely more feminine than some female soldiers I've known (as opposed to a roided up tomboy) but she was still a marine and I just can't see her literally letting her hair down in combat.

8. HotRod

HotRod Commodore Commodore

Meh, I can live with it. She's a Spectre now. Maybe the dress regulations are a little softer.

9. Camren

Camren Commodore Commodore

Speaking of Miranda, it seems she might not be a squad member in ME3, which would be odd considering the emphasis attached to her character in the previous game.

10. ATimson

The "list of Kinect commands" that was released gives a list of squad members. I don't know if it was a slipup or misinformation, but I'm assuming the former and that the list is correct.

It's the survivors of ME1 and James Vega. Nobody from ME2 is a full-time companion.

But I wouldn't be surprised if she isn't. After all, you're spending ME3 working for the Alliance, not Cerberus. (At least, I'm assuming that's why the Normandy has been done up in Alliance colors... :))

The Alliance isn't exactly going to forgive-and-forget Miranda working for the most notorious terrorist organization in Council space. Shepherd at least has the "I'm a Spectre" excuse, and as we can see in the demo even that seems to have only saved him from summary execution; he's still jailed & awaiting trial...

11. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

This fan film is pretty cool, even including Paragon and Renegade choices.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=d9nhkD-Q7lc[/yt]

12. Camren

Well Miranda can join the "good" side by quitting Cerberus at the end of ME2 depending on the choices Shep makes. Also it's known that Cerberus has some level of support within the Alliance military so I'm sure the Alliance would overlook her previous allegiance if it meant stopping the Reapers.

13. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

^Miranda is never going to join the Alliance military, it's not her style. The most likely scenario if she leaves Cerberus is that she becomes a free agent or is recruited into some kind of intelligence gathering unit. I could definitely see her as a secret agent, but never as a soldier.

She will make an appearance though, one way or another.

14. throwback

throwback Captain Captain

I will have to say I am a little disappointed that most of the squadmates that I spent so much time in recruiting and gaining their loyalty are pushed to the side for the next game.

I am looking forward to exploration. I like visiting the systems, and reading about the planets and moons. If I had a wish, I would hope that they have more planet models. However, after playing the first two games, I don't expect to see that wish fulfilled.

15. Skywalker

Not me. I'm glad to have the old ME1 crew back. The only ones from ME2 I'd really like to see as full companions are Mordin, Legion, Jack, and Grunt. I'm either indifferent towards the rest of the ME2 team, or I just don't like them much.

I'm just happy I'll be able to have my Shepard/Ashley/Garrus squad again.

16. Trubinator

Trubinator Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm happy to have Ashley back in the squad as well. As long as they bring back Miranda in some capacity they will have done right in ME3.

17. Camren

I'm not that partial to the original ME1 squad. Ashley is okay as is Wrex. But I'm totally indifferent to Garrus, Kaidan, Tali and Liara. I found them to be quite dull (although Tali improves in ME2).
    I prefer the new crew members from ME2 and it's disappointing none of them will be available as squad members - if the reports are true.

18. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Well given that any and all of the ME2 squadmates can be killed off in ME2, it's a bit much to expect too many of them to be back as permanent squadmates in ME3. Even as it stands, I imagine anyone who managed to loose Garrus and Tali will be missing out on a fair bit on content when they import their save. Add to that the Ash/Kaiden & Wrex/Wreav situations and that's already quite a bit of redundant memory used up.

Anyone caught the extended version of the cinematic trailer yet?
    [yt]www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBktyyaV9LY[/yt]
    I like how they've integrated shots from the original 'Big Ben' cinematic.

Oh, and it looks like the daily news thing is coming back, this time on twitter. It's a bit confusing though since there's also a weekly one too.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  19. ATimson

Only if I can shoot her. :evil:

(I'm trying to decide whether I want to get her and Mordin killed in my import-for-ME3 run of ME2 I'm doing... though I suppose that might be harder now that both are loyal.)

20. Skywalker

Get Mordin killed? That, sir, is blasphemy! :p