Sleepy Hollow (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Christopher, Sep 17, 2013.

1. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Saw a preview recently, where our eponymous Dullahan wasn't alone.One of his co-horts looks like Herne the Hunter, a type of Green Man, like Cernunnos.

The Germans have their own version called "the wild huntsman", which makes me think we will see some of this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wild_Hunt

It may be that he is just one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2013
  2. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Finally saw this and it was just as nutty and ridiculous as I had heard. And also a surprising amount of fun.

Unfortunately most of that was probably because of how fast they sped through the crazy, convoluted setup. Now that that's out of the way, it seems likely the show will slow down and become more of a formulaic Grimm kind of show or something.

But the lead characters have a pretty fun dynamic together, so I'll probably stick with it for a little while at least.

3. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

There's huge differences between the Headless Horsemen of the Legend of Sleepy Hollow and dullahan. Yes, they share similarities in that they're both headless horsemen, but one is an Irish faerie who wields a bone whip and acts similarly to a banshee, and the other is a ghost who goes around decapitating travelers. The one in this show is neither, being quite literally Death itself and one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. Similar, but wholly different.

4. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

He isn't one of the horsemen, I think he is only supposed to release the horsemen.

5. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

No, I think he's supposed to be one of the Big Four.

6. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

(Pestilence is from later revisions.)

The first seal lets loose a rider on a white horse who is Conquest.

The second seal lets loose a rider on a red horse who is war.

The third seal lets loose a rider on a black horse who is famine

The fourth seal lets loose a rider on a pale horse who is death.

(OH! Christ is the lamb opening the seals! Well that muddies the waters.)

3 more seals.

Soul of Martyrs, earthquakes and 7 angels.

But the other three horse have been waiting for 240 years, and they may have gone native, and that lamb might have lost interest in the entire endeavour.

Because of the exceeding success of antibiotics, didn't Terry Pratchet insist that God replace pestilence with pollution?

7. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

^^^ I was under impression that Jesus was the lamb when he was on earth the first time. The second coming is that of the lion, IIRC.

8. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

9. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

Am I ever surprised I liked this show... the leads are appealing, especially the young black foxy lady.... has a bit of the Alcatraz lead female vibe going, although not as top-heavy... ;)

Will Noble call her various different names like on Fringe? Astrid? Astro?

I kid, and I'm on board for the next episode, surprisingly.

10. Guy Gardener

Forward planning and oversight is all done up in Heaven.

JC doesn't come downstairs to stick his foot up the Antichrists ass till after Lucy's kid has been top dog on Earth for 7 years, forcing sin, compromise and collaboration nixxing the lucky survivors intermediate chances of still entering Heaven.

The Messiah is only waiting seven years to break up this ruckus because it's expected of him, no matter what awful shit the Whore of Babylon is getting up to... Although if he wanted to stand up to dad, it's conceivable Jesus could rebelliously shave a couple years off the End of Days... But that sort of out of the box thinking is what landed Beezlebob in the basement.

Avoiding instant execution by natural disaster and death squads seems to be a silly idea since the longer you stay on Earth, the greater the certainty there is that you will cock it up, ending foreverhereafter slow-cooking in Hell's pit.

The Devil is God's first dutiful bouncer and Petey is just wanking about with his thumb up his ass "look at my pearly gates" hogging all the glory.

11. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

So how is Lisa Lampanelli doing these days?

Been watching too many Comedy Roasts...

12. Guy Gardener

She can't be the Whore of Babylon, because Lisa won't fuck white guys anymore.

13. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thanks for that recap of Christian end times belief! ;)

14. Snick27

Snick27 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Dam better get Dean an Sam to take care of this.

15. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Jesus was black, so was it Mary who was black or God?

16. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

No no, Judas was black, Jesus was lilly white. Didn't you see the musical?

17. Guy Gardener

The Whore, is a modern character set in the final continuity (2 weeks from now) who seduces the Seven Kings of the world to do what she and the antichrist says so, so that the world is "awful", which means that it's unlikely that the Whore frakked "classic" Jesus, because as far as we are aware, that sexy lady wasn't skanking about in ancient Judea, and since the JC is wearing his fighting pants in Revelations, and not his loving pants, it's doubtful he'll get around to spending any quality time with the woman other than cutting off her seven heads.

(She's a dragon, but then under all of it, aren't most women?... Sorry. The Whore rides a 7 headed dragon built from the flesh and souls of the seven kings who were/are her sex slaves and still quite aware and alive even though they have been mushed into a composite monster she rides nakedly.)

The current g20 summit was know as the G7 summit between the years 1976 and 1997, but just because the worlds 20 most affluent rulers are gathered in one place, it's not like she has to be greedy and turn her dignified recruiting orgy into a circus? After all she doesn't work for Amway.

Did you notice how during the Apocalypse they were playing with time in the new movie "This is the END"?

Different characters were experiencing time flow at different rates depending how how long it took them to work through their demons and come to an epiphany on redeeming themselves... Meanwhile the truly unsavable were having time fastforwarded, so that the length of forever where they were punishing themselves for being assholes would relatively multiplied?

The TV series Supernatural has already dealt with the Whore of Babylon.

She was fit.

18. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

She was fit, or she was "fit"?

19. Guy Gardener

Common British expression... The closest translation would be "Hot".

But words like "Hot" don't feel classy any more.

It's even almost impossible to use words like "classy" without thoroughly coating it in irony first.

Joey from Friends clearly qualifies legally as a sexoffender constantly.

20. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Heh, good ol' Clancy Brown lost his head...again.

I noticed a couple of funny TV things. Crane was handcuffed in the front and put in the front seat and then it seemed a bit weird that he still had his clothes in the mental institution. Not horrible transgressions but still broke immersion for a sec.

That's probably how I would do it just out of spite.