American Horror Story: Asylum (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Starbreaker, Oct 18, 2012.

1. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

Exactly.

:lol:

Nuns are not sexy. They are scary. They have powers.

:shifty:

2. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

If Bloody Face is still alive today (2012), then he/she would be 48 years older (unless there's a copycat killer). The serial killer would have to be pretty young back in 1964 and yet strong enough to kill Adam Levine.

3. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Unless Bloody Face has been possessed by the resident demon. If true, age and mundane strength would likely be irrelevant and augmented by it.

4. scnj

scnj Captain Captain

I can relate somewhat. There's a very popular fantasy I don't understand because my mother's a nurse.

5. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

I suspect the nun thing has more juice if you have some sort of Catholic roots.

Growing up, the only nun I had any exposure to was THE FLYING NUN, which wasn't actually the stuff of forbidden fantasies. :)

(In fact, I recall my dad had to explain to me what a nun was . . . .)

6. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

There's a movie called Virgin Territory, with that Anikan Skywalker kid, but 2 hundred years ago, nunneries were not religious bastions full of the devout... It's where rich old bastards sent their virgin daughters to remain unplowed. So in truth a nunnery back then was just a cache of fine tottie starving for the interest of bad man to take advantage of their situation.

7. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I have to cut down my tv viewing. This show isn't making the cut, though I enjoyed the first season. C'est la vie.

8. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Or a bad woman.

I read an article recently about some notorious historical adventuress who deliberately joined a convent to get at some pretty young thing she had a yen for. (The girl's parents had shipped her off to a convent in hopes of avoiding just such an "unnatural" attachment.)

She eventually burned down the convent and ran off with the other nun . . . .

9. Gryffindorian

Good point, but remember now, Wendy was murdered by Bloody Face before the boy's exorcism. I doubt a ”body-hopping” demon would be responsible for the murders in the '60s and today. If that were the case, why possess Bloody Face in the first place? The demon could murder anybody, anywhere, anytime, for that matter. I doubt he'd bother to wear a stupid mask and wield an ax to kill people.

10. 137th Gebirg

^^^ Popular spiritist lore and various mythologies frequently mention that various types of demons feed on human fear and extreme distress emotions in order to thrive and increase in power. This thing may know that putting on a bloody skin mask and waving around a sharp object might generate enough fear to keep it going indefinitely.

11. Gryffindorian

There's a Wiki entry which I read the other day saying that the French actress (I forget her name) might be bloody face because he has "her eyes." In any event, I don't believe the serial killer to be demon-possessed; nor is he/she an alien. A mutant maybe.

12. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

^ A mutated current character is my choice. Which one would be collecting womens faces??

13. Gryffindorian

I don't have any specific suspects in mind. Since Wendy was presumably killed by Bloody Face in her home, it couldn't have been Kit, Dr. Arden, Sister Jude, or any of the other people who were preoccupied at the time of the murder.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  14. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

They have the power of...guilt!

15. Gryffindorian

I just read an article in a magazine about the possibly ”supernatural” nature of Bloody Face. If you look at slasher flicks, Jason and Michael Meyers did have extranormal origins and qualities about them; e.g., superhuman strength and endurance, near immortality, or self-resurrective powers.

16. 137th Gebirg

^^^ Don't forget Freddy.

17. Gryffindorian

Another good episode last night, but there wasn't anything especially spooky about it.

It's been revealed that the people who shot and killed Adam Levine and Jenna Tatum were copycat amateurs, but there really is a Bloody Face murderer who in turn killed the amateurs and amputated Adam's arm.

Kit, French gal, and Lana discovered the monsters in the woods and almost got eaten themselves when they tried to escape. Sister Jude was haunted by her past, and now we know for sure that Sister Eunice is possessed by the devil and has been transformed into a vicious, evil nun. I didn't get to take a good look at the part where Sister Jude ran into what looked like an alien creature at the asylum. He looked like "E.T.," only bigger.

I like it when a show starts to reveal secrets and answer some questions instead of leaving the viewers hanging and guessing the whole season.

:techman:

18. AvBaur

AvBaur Captain Captain

This season seems a bit overstuffed, doesn't it? As if aliens and seemingly immortal serial killers weren't enough, they had to add demonic possession and zombies. What's next? Witches, vampires and werewolves? Frankenstein's monster and the mummy? Scary Clowns?

I think I preferred it when they stuck to just one major supernatural element (ghosts) in season 1. Oh well, I guess it's still kind of fun, crazy as it is.

19. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

Aliens, Devils, Alien Devils??? Why not I say. The big showdown at the end between Satan and the aliens. And next week promises us Nazi flashbacks, cant wait.

20. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

They're using so many different elements this season and that's making me more interested. I liked last season but I got bored sometimes because it seemed lie nothing was happening. This season just doesn't really slow down at all. I love it this season though with so many elements being used what are they going to do next season?