NHL 1st Round 2013 playoffs

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by Gil T.Azell, Apr 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

2. Kevin W.

Kevin W. Commander Red Shirt

Elaine's problem is that he's got a history of playing like a dirty cheap shot artist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RgW87cTZbc

That carried over to his team as a coach. I have no doubt that the Canucks have the talent to play as a team that doesn't need to dive and whine to win. With new management, they can.

They still won't win a Cup though. Go Hawks.

3. Danny99

4. Gil T.Azell

Gil T.Azell Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Seem he failed to light a fire under the teams asses when it counted.
    I suspect Gillis will be gone by Dec. if the team fails to perform.

Another reason to keep my intense dislike for the AV's .

IF he coaches them like he did his kids team they'll be in the sin bin a whole lot.
    Roy was one of the most arrogant players I saw play the game

5. Ashu

Ashu Vice Admiral Admiral

L.A. played so much better last night. So glad they were able to get their crap togeth and pull out a win. Now just to beat the Guppies at home.

6. Danny99

Gillis backed himself into a corner with Luongo. The longer he waits, the more of a distraction it is and the less he gets back.

7. Gil T.Azell

Gil T.Azell Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Agreed, and the early potential list of Replacement Coaches name I've heard don't sound promising

8. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

You see, the game-winning goal in Hawks / Red Wings cannot count because the referee intended to call the most piddling dogdick awful shit call in history. Thank you.

Fucking Christ, what a terrible call.

9. Kevin W.

That was the same ref who did nothing when Torres leveled Hossa last year.

10. Timby

... this explains everything :mad:

11. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't follow the Canucks closely but I was keeping tabs on and occasionally tuning in during their series against the Sharks. At one point I texted my friend about what monkey pounding on a keyboard was coaching the Canucks and why would he pull Luongo and put in Schneider when Luongo wasn't anything resembling the problem. Sure enough, Schneider and his mystery injury allowed a bunch of goals and that was that. Luongo might well suck balls but he sure wasn't to blame for the the Canucks' woes in that series.

As for that waved off goal in the Wings/Hawks game, yeah that was a bigass pile of ref bullshit right there. All I can say is thank goodness Howard didn't continue playing balls to the wall like he did for the better part of three consecutive games, stopping all but 2 shots out of almost 90 attempts at one point. If the defense hadn't completely hung him out to dry in the first game and given up a bajillion Hawks shots, this series could have turned out very differently.

12. Timby

I think the Blackhawks are going to have a very rough time with the Kings. Detroit succeeded when they had a heavy, aggressive forecheck going and were basically crashing the net; Los Angeles is going to do that, and they're going to do so with more firepower and a deeper roster. I also don't see LA's defense being as erratic and inconsistent as Detroit's guys were; the Red Wings had some serious mental lapses in the last few games (like that long change that led to the goal early in the 2nd tonight), and the Blackhawks' D is prone to falling asleep at points. I really don't see the Hawks matching up well against the Kings.

I'm also not convinced that the Blackhawks can take another 7-game series. They looked tired tonight. Yeah, they were aggressive and played well for the most part, but there was a lot of ugly frustration clearly evident out there.

13. Sheep

The Kings also played an entire 7 game series with the Sharks that ended Tuesday so they're not exactly well-rested either. I'm fairly certain that brutal first stretch of games this Saturday and Sunday in Chicago and next Tuesday in Los Angeles is going to take its toll on both teams.

The Kings are a much better team than the Wings but they're far from invincible considering the Sharks managed to take them to 7 games. As long as the Hawks don't have any extended lapses like they did in the middle games of the Wings series, we should see some good hockey games which is all I ask for.

14. Timby

Well, that was definitely the game that Crawford needed after Detroit very clearly got in his head.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the series return to Chicago at 2 - 2, though. The Kings are near-unbeatable at Staples; with a home record of 19 - 4 - 1 (and they haven't lost once at Staples in the postseason), it's like they're a totally different team there.

15. Kevin W.

The Blackhawks are miles ahead of the Blues and Sharks. I'll be surprised if the Kings take both games in LA. They looked downright flat in Chicago.

16. Sheep

Damn. The Bruins beat down the Penguins like they had a vendetta. The Penguins scoring two goals in four games is utterly pathetic. I wouldn't be surprised to see some changes coming to Pittsburgh as early as next week, starting at the top with a new coach. Can't have that much talent and perform so miserably repeatedly.

17. Kevin W.

So glad I turned out to be right. I can't wait for tomorrow night.

18. Sheep

That 2OT epic on Saturday night damn near gave me several heart attacks!

Soooooo looking forward to Wednesday. The offensive-focused Hawks against the defensive-focused Bruins should provide a hell of an entertaining series--guessing we're going to see lots of low scoring games. A lot of people think Boston has the advantage with their defense but that was also the case with Detroit and Los Angeles, not to take anything away from Boston. I'd also argue the Hawks have had the harder playoff schedule so far so as far as I'm concerned this series is a complete coin toss.

I'd be very surprised if this one didn't go the full 7 so I'll have my defibrillator ready to go. :lol:

19. Kevin W.

Chicago was able to beat Jonathan Quick. Tuukka Rask is good but he's not invincible. Boston will have a fight on their hands.

20. Danny99

I love Sidney's quote of saying "We weren't shut down". Uh yea Sidney, you weren't shut down, you were smacked down. Maybe you didn't whine enough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.