The Doctor Who Mythos

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by The Mirrorball Man, Nov 30, 2013.

1. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Remembrance was on the Doctor Who revisited series. The Daleks definitely levitated to go up the stairs. Not only that, but they referenced the whole "defeated by stairs" thing first. In many ways, Dalek was just a repeat of that scene.

2. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Although "Dalek" enhanced it by adding the classic "El-e-vate!"

3. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

Davros, in his Dalek chair, hovered in that one.

4. Pindar

Pindar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Wasn't Davros a head in a jar in Revelation?

5. Mr Awe

Mr Awe Vice Admiral Admiral

I thought that was cheesey!

Mr Awe

6. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Up until the last scenes, where he getsshot in the hand. Colin's Doctor then offers to shake stumps with him. And people thought Han Solo acted like a cold blooded pimp in saying "I know."

To me, the most overarching link to the Mythos is the JFK's death forever associated with Dr. Who's birth, as Mark's "Adventure-" relates.

Ironically, one of the Star Trek Film's was to feature JFK at Dealy plaza--but that would actually work better for Doctor Who.

Even 50 years on--its too fresh...but if there is a 100th anniversary of Doctor Who and or a last episode, maybe having JFK live as the Doctor dies would finish things up somehow...

7. Mister Spock

Mister Spock Commander Red Shirt

You might like to check out the book Who Killed Kennedy by James Stevens and David Bishop.

It's written 'in-universe' and involves a journalist investigating UNIT in the 1970's and links The Doctor to the assassination of President Kennedy.