Blueprints of TOS sickbay equipment?

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by Redfern, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Redfern

Redfern Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It could be debated this might be better suited for either the Trek Tech or Trek Art sub-forums, but I reason since people need to build props and "furniture" for their fan films, they might have the resources.

I want to recreate (in digital format) some of the furnishings in McCoy's sickbay as depicted in the original 1966-69 series, particularly the tilting diagnostic bed that also served as a surgical table. Beyond the screen captures that can be accessed at TrekCore, does anyone know of some "elevation" type illustrations anywhere on-line?

Yes, I know of the 3D model that can be downloaded from XCalPro.com (and thus save the effort of making one), but that one is more of a general "approximation".

Sincerely,

Bill

2. Davros

Davros Fleet Admiral Admiral

iirc the old Trek Medical Reference Manual had the layout of sick bay.

3. scotpens

scotpens Professional Geek Premium Member

Franz Joseph's Star Fleet Technical Manual has the layout of Sickbay, based on the TOS standing sets. The Doug Drexler/Geoffrey Mandel Star Fleet Medical Reference Manual has drawings of some of Dr. McCoy's field equipment and the diagnostic scanner display. Neither publication has orthographic or detail views of the beds.

4. Redfern

Redfern Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Actually, it looks like Davros was onto something.

Checking out the Cygnus-X1 site, it appears the old "Medical Reference Manual" was updated at some point, probably years after I bought my copy. Apparently some new pages were added, including a profile of the examination/surgical bed.

http://cygnus-x1.net/links/lcars/blueprints/sfmrm/page151.jpg

While not as not as I wished, it is better than nothing. Using this diagram in addition to the screen captures I collected from TrekCore, I should (in theory) be able to model a closer approximation of the exam table.

Still, if anyone has some more detailed illustrations, I certainly will not refuse them. ;)

Sincerely,

Bill

5. Potemkin_Prod

Potemkin_Prod Commodore Commodore

It's not from the "official" medical reference manual, but you'll be fine if you use it. In fact, it's pretty darn good.

6. Davros

Davros Fleet Admiral Admiral

Glad I could help