Avengers 2 News, Rumors, Etc. Pictures until release...

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Flying Spaghetti Monster, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Enterprise1701

Enterprise1701 Commodore Commodore

Well Ultron's got to get his tech from somewhere if this is just one movie. And what's bad about repulsors? They seemed to work for the Iron Legion.

2. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

In the comic he created the Vision's density altering abilities, it wasn't pre-existing tech. Ultron is pretty smart.

3. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

The latest set of spy reports place a few more faces familiar to the MCU on the scene, including one so far only seen on Agents of SHIELD...

...specifically, Anthony Mackie/Falcon and BJ Britt/Agent Antoine Triplett.

4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Cool. I saw the second part of that spoiler in another thread, but that's the first I've seen the first part.

5. Enterprise1701

Falcon might actually be in Age of Ultron? :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

6. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

Hmm, "someone saw them"...? Ha, not to sound racist, but Anthony Mackie and B.J. Britt do look pretty similar. In normal clothing, from a distance, I doubt you could really make either out from the other. I seriously doubt that "rumour" till there's more proof anyway

7. Turtletrekker

8. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

9. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

More Optimus Prime lips? Ugh. :lol:

10. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

There's a Yahoo news article suggesting that in the climax of Avengers 2, Hulk gets stuck on a Quinjet in deep space... leading into an adaptation of Planet Hulk.

BUT they're not doing a solo Planet Hulk movie. Guardians of the Galaxy 2 is them finding the Hulk on the alien world and bringing back home... in time for Avengers 3.

If this is true, I think that's a GREAT idea. I've always thought that Hulk on his own isn't interesting enough, he needs to be teamed up with other heroes. So this is perfect. And presumably this will bring the GOTG into Avengers 3 for Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet!

11. Turtletrekker

Mark Ruffalo is against the idea.

12. Doctorwhovian

Doctorwhovian Fleet Captain

The idea of Hulk having stretching pants or shorts has sort of been used in the comics a few times, such as when Banner's personality was in charge of the transformations and Hulk form (during Bill Mantlo's long run) and also recently there's been the armor in the Mark Waid stuff, although I think that's a bit silly.

Also Mark's comments make sense, since the Banner persona wasn't featured that heavily in Planet Hulk.

13. Enterprise1701

Wait so Avengers: Age of Ultron will have the Avengers facing HYDRA, Ultron, and Thanos on Earth and/or space all in one movie? I'm all for more characters, but can they make a good movie with so many plots?

14. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Exiling the Hulk into space sounds like the best strategy for Ultron to take. You can't seem to kill the Hulk, and you cannot depend on a prison holding him for long, so the best way to handle him is by exile. And if Ultron does it, they don't paint the Avengers in a bad light.

As for the story being Hulk-centric, they just need to add more Banner when adapting it. Get a good writer and things are golden.

15. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

If Thanos is in AV2, which I doubt, it will doubtlessly be a tiny set up cameo for AV3.

16. DWF

DWF Admiral Admiral

According to the Wiki article for The Age Of Ultron, Josh Brolin as Thanos is in the movie.

17. Enterprise1701

How big will the role be? Josh Brolin's a big enough actor to make money demands, right?

18. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

He's only the voice actor.

I'm sure the only Thanos appearance in AV2 will be a mid-credits tidbit showing him getting another Infinity Gem from a minion.

19. DWF

DWF Admiral Admiral

So far he hasn't gotten any of them, but he does seem to be behind alot of events.

20. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Something tells me he'll be getting one or two on August 1st... :lol: