X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

2. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Yeah, that's a much better Beast design I think. Third time's the charm indeed. Not that I had a major problem with the previous ones, but the FC appliance looked good from a design standpoint, but it was pretty obvious that the actor was struggling with being able to act through it.

One thing that we should however keep in mind is that while it does look like they've gone *very* blue this time around, these are just amateur snaps taken in natural light. So it may look quite a bit different on film.

3. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I still think the Kelsey Grammar version was the best-looking Beast. This one is definitely better than FC, but I'm not sure how I feel about the goatee.

4. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, Grammar's version was the best. This version I actually don't think is as good as the FC version. That one wasn't great, but it wasn't terrible. This one looks like someone was trying out kind of lame werewolf makeup and ended up painting it blue.

5. inflatabledalek

inflatabledalek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I saw (deep breath) X-Men Origins: Wolverine for the first time yesterday. Ouch. Regardless of all the continuity/adaptation issues, it just felt like a really cheap film. And very badly acted, the tone was set straight off when Wolverine's Mother reacts to the death of her husband and her lover plus her son growing claws by going "What are you?" with all the emotion of a bored newsreader looking at an Autocue.

And what was going on with Jackman's hair? No attempt at the "Wolverine" cut, instead it just looked... well like he was worth it.

I've not seen First Class yet, but I can't see any way either it or the forthcoming film could be worse. Hell, even the poor old The Wolverine (which people only seem to be excited about as an extended trailer for Days of Future Past) will have to try really hard to be as poor.

And I speak as someone with the sad, lonely taste of actually quite liking the third one. Or at least, I put it on the same level as the first (both harmless fun, both haven't aged very well compared to the rush of big budget superhero films we've had in the years since), and certainly think it's a better movie than the Superman film Singer went to make instead.

At the moment, at least until I sit down and watch First Class at some point over the next week, I think the second one is still the only flat out brilliant X-Men film, none of the others have really come close (despite, as said, still having a fondness the two round it).

6. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

You poor bastard!:lol:

7. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

All of the 'Beast' designs in the movies so far have looked too much like 'a dude coloured blue with some extra hair'. They need to do more than that and go to town with the prosthetic.

I really like this render, though I'd give him some underwear...

[​IMG]

8. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

He really should be a Gollum-esque CGI performance. They make him look human half the time anyways, may as well give his 'beast mode' some umph.

9. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

10. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

Or if it's the 1970s, maybe Wolfman Jack....

11. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

I got "An American Werewolf in London" vibes from this

12. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

FALSE, X-Men is still awesome. :p

13. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

The scars will last a lifetime, but, the pain will only last a few years

14. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

According to Box Office Mojo the release date has been moved from the 18th July to the 23rd May 2014.

15. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

FOX just switched the release date with Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. Apes will have DOFP's old release date in July.

16. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

^^^
    Yep. They also moved Assassin's Creed from May to June in summer 2015 and staked out Independence Day weekend 2015 for Independence Day 2.

17. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Sweet! Our wait just got a month shorter! :D

18. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

FOX smells blood in the water over at SONY. Not scared of TASM2 at all, can't say I blame them. First movie was mediocore, on set photos look very campy(not counting the cgi needed ones) + the sudden cutting out of MJ. The last especially gives off a weak scent. Sony staking out two release dates for sequels seems like a decoy of strength.

So then in about 7 weeks we'll have Cap2, TASM2 an DOFP....should be an interesting time at the box office.

19. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

20. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Wait, what?