The Walking Dead Season 3

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Gotham Central, Jul 14, 2012.

1. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

Not really. I'm just glad it was no one else from Rick's group.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
  2. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

Why? It's nice to see stupid getting what it deserves. At least until the cliffhanger is resolved with her being rescued at the last minute. Sigh.

3. TREK_GOD_1

Or, maybe they will rip the finale of The Bride of Frankenstein, where the Monster destroys himself, along with Pretorius. I can see it now: Andrea and the governor wrestle with a grenade as a slab falls on both; Andrea grabs the grenade, pulls the pin, and in a Karloff tone growls, "we belong dead!" With that, two annoying characters get the boot as season three comes to a close.

4. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I really don't think she (Or anyone really) deserves to be sadistically tortured just for being a somewhat pompous idiot, who's never done a smart thing since the 1st minute we saw her, but it's hard to argue that she hasn't set herself up to end up right where she is

Andrea being stupid should have gotten her finished off Otis style long ago. He was a decent guy who because of stupidly shooting Carl, ended up paying with his life, trying to fix his dumb luck accident. Andrea's done way dumber shit by the ton, but that doesn't mean I'd think she deserves to get needles & surgical instruments jammed up her cooter. That's just sick for people to believe she deserves that.

The sickest thing the Governor has done by far, was the most subtle, when he was setting up the table of torture tools, & he gently caressed the steel vaginal speculum, that twisted fucker. Nobody on that show, except Philip himself deserves that level of sadistic torment. I wouldn't even wish that shit on Merle, after all the fucked up shit he's done.

5. beneldon

beneldon Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hmm.. okay but replace Andrea with Milton. Andrea can still have the slab fall on her only nobody shoots her in the head so she's a zombie; a burned zombie pinned under the slab when Rick happens upon her. She reaches for him and he thinks he hears her call, "Rick!" He stumbles outside and the cast ask him if he's okay, but wordlessly they all drive off into Season Four.

6. Pondwater

Pondwater Vice Admiral Admiral

When I saw Laurie Holden sitting on the "Deathspot" on the couch for Talking Dead. I thought she might have died in this passed episode. As we all know, that wasn't the case.

Andrea is like Princess Peach (from Super Mario Bros.) of the Walking Dead Universe, the damsel in distress. Always gets herself into some position where someone has to come and rescue her.

7. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

I think I found the perfect description of Andrea from another forum! That last line mighty be debatable though! :devil:

8. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Andrea ugly? Annoying, yes. Ugly, no.

9. Mojochi

Her sister was hot, but Andrea is maybe 2nd from the bottom in looks on that show, imo.

Beth (& No it's not pervy, because in real life the actress is like 27 or 28)
    Maggie (When she cleans up can almost be as hot as Beth)
    Sasha (Ain't put a comb through her hair once, but the girl is gorgeous)
    Lori (There's something annoying about her, but she's still good looking)
    Carol (One of the hottest women over 45 on tv, short hair & all)
    Andrea (Constant dumb expressions & always looks like she's retaining water in her face)
    Michonne (Might move up a spot if she'd smile once in a while & loose the dreads)

10. TREK_GOD_1

Debatable? Maybe, but her frowned up mug is not winning any awards for appeal. If you can move beyond the face, then there's her dictionary ass....

11. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Dreadlocks are pretty common among blacks when one cannot or does not comb out their hair. White people with straight hair tend to get stringy hair, which can mat, if they don't comb their hair for long periods Overall, I'd say combing one's hair is not a priority.

I believe it's a wig and the actress has short hair--and a very nice smile. Those kind of wigs are supposed to be pretty heavy, too.

Not criticizing your opinion, just commenting on it.

12. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

I'd put Michonne at the top of the list, with Maggie second.

13. Mojochi

Right. I agree, & Danai is miraculously better looking than Michonne as a result... Might move up a few spots on my terribly superficial list, now that I think about it

14. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Maggie is hand down the best looking actress on the show.

Michonne is actually pretty when she stops glaring at people.

The people claiming Andrea is ugly are IMHO being "Hollywood picky," ie, holding a clearly attractive woman to that nigh impossible standard created by camera lighting and makeup.

15. Pavonis

Pavonis Commodore Commodore

All the female characters on TWD are more attractive than they had any right to be, considering personal grooming should have taken a backseat to survival. But of course having female actresses sporting leg hair, pit hair, no make-up, and stringy greasy hair would make even TWD unwatchable. Maybe.

16. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

Come on, you wouldn't watch TWD if the girls didn't look pretty? Well, you could pick up a lady's shaver when you make a run to the pharmacy. :lol: Not a priority, but it's not impossible. However, the guys would have to learn to adjust to women like they were through most of history. I had to laugh at a thread I saw on a board (and the young man was quite serious) about how the human race would go extinct because the guys would never go near the girls because they wouldn't be able to get bikini waxes during the apocalypse. He actually thought that would be a priority. I pointed out that until the 2000s, most guys had sex with girls with pubic hair and (shockingly) some probably still do in spite of what all the magazines say. He didn't believe me. He'd grown up with the completely hairless, airbrushed, veneers on teeth image of women. He thinks if teeth aren't blindingly white, they may as well be black and cavity filled. I'm thinking his DNA would disappear quickly if the human race came to an end. :lol:

17. Pavonis

Whatever else TWD is, it's entertainment first, and that means the women must always look beautiful and the products being promoted must always look pristine.

18. Dorian Thompson

Sad, but true. That's why I like that Carol is included. She's got a pretty enough face, but she's not ingenue material. Her and Daryl getting busy would be indicative of the kind of relationships that would result if there were a bottleneck population reduction. All TPTB need to do is imply it. That would be great. Not necessarily any soap opera melodramatic love story. Just show it in subtle ways.

Mr. no pubes veneer and airbrushing thinks Daryl and Carol are "gross" because she's not young. When I pointed out that both actors are in their 40s he said, "the girl needs to be young, always." That's the mindset I'm dealing with there. :rolleyes:

19. Pavonis

Why waste your time arguing with a shallow man-child? Melissa McBride (Carol) is attractive, but not for shallow man-children. Shallow morons are for other shallow morons.

20. Dorian Thompson

You are correct. Point taken.