Who is John Harrison (Possible SPOILERS or Insane Babbling)

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by The Green Mushroom, Dec 11, 2012.

?

Who is John Harrison?

1. A new character named John Harrison

23.6%
  2. A new character with the psuedonym John Harrison

14.5%
  3. Khan

17.3%
  4. Gary Mitchell

17.3%
  5. Harry Mudd

2.7%
  6. Nero

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Trelane

0.9%
  8. Other (Please Explain)

23.6%
  1. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

I was thinking Anthony "Buck" Rogers...

2. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Steven Seagal isn't even worthy enough to play an Okudagram or LCARS display in a Trek film. He doesn't enough range for either.

3. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Saw this on Trekmovie:

http://trekmovie.com/2012/12/22/jj-...-into-darkness-plot-themes-lens-flares-in-3d/
    Seems average humans in the future are extremely capable.:p

Also: He really IS a member of Starfleet, not just posing as one or been randomly given a uniform "Space Seed" -style.

4. Franklin

Franklin Vice Admiral Admiral

I love to be spoiled. I love to try to figure things out. But I give up. I'm utterly and completely confused (and even more intrigued at the same time). Harrison was said to be a canon charcter, though there's never been an exact charcter of that full name in TOS. He's an "average guy" serving in Starfleet, even though he was pitched to Cumberbatch as a combination of Hannibel Lector, Jack Nicholson in "The Shining", and the Joker.

The more I find out, the less I know. :confused: May 17 can't get here soon enough.

5. crucifixion

crucifixion Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Indeed! Abrams and co are doing a masterful job at this. Lets hope all the deception is worth it

6. Franklin

Franklin Vice Admiral Admiral

I'll tell you one thing, I'd never play poker with any of the Abrams group.

7. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Looks like the love child of Mudd and Scotty to me.

8. Sector 7

Sector 7 Vice Admiral Admiral

I was also feeling deja vu over this scene. Alice Eve's character reminds me of the ESPer shrink on WNMHGB. Although after JJ Abrams' interview in Japan, I must admit I have no clue as to the villain this time around.
    Harri's Johnson... wanna play with Harri's Johnson?:guffaw:

9. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Both timelines of that era share the same pants that are way too tight for their own good. Sperm counts during the mid-to-late 23rd century must have been at historic lows.

Thank heavens for the advanced fertility sciences of the United Federation of Planets.

10. Sketcher

Sketcher Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Personally, I think John Harrison is the new version of the Dos Equis Man from the original timeline :p

11. MarsWeeps

MarsWeeps Fleet Captain Premium Member

I think John Harrison is an Android. Maybe Section 31 created a bunch of Android Super Soldiers, realized they became uncontrollable and started deactivating them. John escaped and is back for revenge. That's why he has super human powers.

Of course, Kirk and Spock end up defeating him by confusing him with these great lines: "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell bad."

12. ralph

ralph Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I remenber one episode of the third season Next Generation, The Hunted. military prisoner escapes. A genetically modified ex-soldier.
    He is able to evade the security teams easily in Enterprise.

So I think Harrison is a sort of James Bon of the future.

13. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

"I don't always detonate the fleet, but when I do... "

14. Ryan8bit

Ryan8bit Commodore Commodore

I actually thought of that one, and felt it was reasonable to explain his strength and his ability to jump from great distances. I think that no matter if you're genetically engineered or not, that doesn't allow you to do such things with great ease. There are still limits to the human frame.

However, I don't expect the writers of this movie to really take that into effect. They're not going to care if it makes sense or not because all that really matters is if the audience at large will buy it (they probably will).

There's probably lots of reasons against him being an android though. Like being in Starfleet, not being the typical portrayal of the android who doesn't quite understand humanity, etc. I could see it being that this would be the type of secret that they want to cover up and not reveal, but at the same time it wouldn't make sense that an android could make it through Starfleet without being found out. Then again, refer to my above paragraph.

15. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

An image of someone in the brig in TOS is persuasive of not a damn thing - it was a common shot on the show.

Evidence that Harrison is Charlie Evans:

http://tos.trekcore.com/hd/albums/1x02hd/charliexhd475.jpg

Evidence that Harrison is Evil Kirk:

http://tos.trekcore.com/gallery/albums/2x04/TOS_2x10_MirrorMirror0189-Trekpulse.jpg

That's leaving aside the nonsensical notion that in doing a film version of some TOS adversary Abrams would set up shots to resemble those on a fifty year-old TV episode and that the studio would choose one as the first production still to be released.

It's not Gary Mitchell, Charlie Evans, Harry Mudd, Garth of Izar, Gary 7 or Evil Kirk. Get over it and get on with it.

16. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

:guffaw:

I had forgotten that! :cool:

18. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    So much humour wasted on the unappreciative :)

I was spitting cracker crumbs.

19. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

Ok I get virtually everything inside joke or reference on here. That I do not get!

20. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^Me either. We're not old timer enough for that one.

Wild guess - M'Sharak was 'raising his hand, (paw') in agreement with Legion on all points?

BTW, despite all the 'evidence', it's not Khan either. NuKirk, Nuspock, NuMcCoy, etc., NuVillain.