Your latest purchases, cont.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Goliath, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

No, not really. It's a great company that did the work ('Thrasher', how cool is that? :lol: ) and surprisingly affordable.

I got it relatively easy, though, 'cuz I don't live near the massive flooding that has inundated the area around the river. Lots of those people lost everything they had.

2. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I don't usually care about the extras. As long as the movie looks great, I'm happy. ;)

3. kirsten187

kirsten187 Napoleonic Power Monger Admiral

Some mp3 downloads.

4. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

For the most part, I'd agree.

I really like good, funny banter in commentary tracks though (e.g. the ones the actors did for some Babylon 5 episodes). Also, the LOTR SEE content was pretty amazing. I've watched all of it.

5. Holdfast

Holdfast Fleet Admiral Admiral

Groceries and petrol.

Petrol prices have come down a couple of pence, but filling up still cost about £73. :lol:

Groceries were more reasonable though; with various coupons/discounts, it came to about £43, down from an initial £57.

Also got the renewal quote for my car insurance in the mail; just under £600, which from memory is a little higher than last year's. Was expecting a small rise; apparently everyone's premiums have been going up this year, but I'll get round to comparing prices a bit later to doublecheck it's reasonable. Well, reasonable isn't the word I'd choose, but you know what I mean... :D

6. Zulu Romeo

Zulu Romeo World Famous Starship Captain Admiral

I changed my car insurance provider earlier this year and not only got myself a more feature-packed policy, but also saved a fair bit, too. Hope your insurance shopping goes well. :)

7. Holdfast

Thanks!

I just ran my details through the usual combination of superconfused.commeerkats and got a price about 5% lower, so I just called up my existing insurer and with a bit of sweet-talking, managed to knock the premium even further down to just £540, about 10% off initial quote. Happy now. :cool:

8. PurpleLady

PurpleLady Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I bought a Toshiba laptop with a wireless card at a yard sale last weekend for six dollars! Incredibly it works great and it even came with a nice carrying case.

9. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

:wtf: That sounds like a good value to me ;)

10. Tora Ziyal

Tora Ziyal Vice Admiral Admiral

Lots of groceries.

Sorry to hear that.

11. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

The last thing I bought was a sandwich from Subway.

12. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

Yeah there are always exceptions. I've listened to a lot of actor commentary tracks of my favourite shows (Farscape, Buffy, Angel...).

13. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

Two big bottles of water.

14. An Officer

An Officer Vice Admiral Admiral

Starbucks white hot chocolate, tall, whole milk, dash of vanilla syrup, extra hot, cream on top. I miss coffee, but this comes a close second.

15. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yep, that's me, too. :lol: I switched purses almost as soon as I left the store. :p It made my day. And I've already gotten a lot of compliments on it.

16. kirsten187

kirsten187 Napoleonic Power Monger Admiral

Glasses, trousers, a hoodie and a bag this morning.

17. Rincewiend

Rincewiend Admiral Admiral

A nerdy pocket watch:
    [​IMG]

18. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Cute! ^

We hit Lowe's today---bought batteries, lightbulbs, & Ortho's Home Defense (preventative measure). We looked solar lights for the front walk but decided not to get any.

19. Holdfast

I don't ever go into Starbucks as a general rule, but that sounds rather delicious, so rule-breaking may be in the offing at some point. Sounds like I'd have to skip lunch that day, though, based on the likely calorie count of that drink! :D

One thing I love about US products are the awesome names. I'd never have guessed this was basically bug poison without googling. Sounds like some kind of Pentagon-approved laser grid...

20. An Officer

An Officer Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, had to go back to the bastards, 'cos they do the best white hot chocolate around - plus they accommodate a lot of customisation. That's a drink I request which isn't on the menu. Good luck trying to explain it to them, they usually end up getting it wrong somehow - either giving me a white cafe mocha, or making it skimmed, or forgetting the vanilla, etcetera. I normally have to say quite slowly and repeat a couple of times. :lol:

I've been doing a lot of back-breaking physical labour recently, so I have excused myself from too much calorie counting. I just make sure I drink it first thing rather than last to ensure it gets used up. :D

Back on topic, latest purchase was a waxed cotton fishing jacket. I don't know why, I seem to like some weird things lately. I have never fished a day in my life.