Lost 5x10: "He's Our You"

Discussion in 'Lost' started by Agent Richard07, Mar 25, 2009.

?

Grade the episode...

1. Excellent

27.4%
  2. Above Average

49.3%
  3. Average

23.3%
  4. Below Average

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Poor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

2. Capn Flukie

Capn Flukie Fleet Admiral Admiral

Can't wait! Too bad I'll probably be sitting through that awful Better OffTed first.

*gets out the sugar cubes*

3. cubbie

cubbie Vice Admiral Admiral

It's Wednesday!!

4. The Evil Dead

The Evil Dead Vice Admiral Admiral

Just watched the sneak peeks....excellent...I was a bit worried with this season because I found a lot of the Ajira 316 stuff and the Jeremy Bentham episode kind of disappointing but it looks like things are back on track now, we're gearing up toward the season finale and I love it.

5. Trippy

Trippy NaNoWriMo Victim Admiral

I can't wait! :techman:

6. Hober Mallow

Hober Mallow Commodore Commodore

I was a little worried the show turning into Quantum Leap. Things are developing very nicely, now.

7. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

The first 3/4th's were average and the last 1/4th was excellent. Good performances by Andrews and Holloway but this episode just wasn't as interesting as the previous few weeks. It ended with a bang though and I'm curious to see what the side effects are.

8. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

A little slower tonight than the past few, still entertaining, and the end was WOW WHOA WTF, I give this episode an Above Average, nice to have a moment there going back to the original flash back format.

9. Agent Richard07

Above Average. It was an exciting episode.

- The flashback format is back.

- I was genuinely afraid for Sayid both when Horace showed up with the cutter and when he was tied tot he tree.

- I see that a lot of you thought it was slow, but I thought it was pretty fast paced, or at least faster paced than episodes usually were in the first four seasons.

- So, Sayid did know that he was in the past. Guess Sawyer explained things to him afterall? Is that cleared up from last week?

10. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Like "The Economist" before it, I'm only gonna give it 3 out of 4 stars despite the fact that Sayid is one of my favorite characters.

The episode just didn't feel very revelatory or exciting. It was very old-school LOST even replete with the symbolic childhood flashback. The only thing we really learned was a bit more about Ilana, who turns out to be boring and unimportant to the greater scheme of things. Also, the end of his assassin relationship with Ben was similarly disappointing and just there.

I think the other problem I have with this and the Economist is that it makes Sayid too self-guessing and weak. I treasure his character for being so cool and decisive and unhesitating. Either that or his lady straight hair ;)

I didn't like the way Sayid went on this whole unnecessary S1-Sawyer-esque routine of self punishing himself by acting as a bad guy for Dharma to torture. I didn't like seeing this in Sayid.

I was expecting to get more stuff with Young Ben and Sayid, but what there was was good. I didn't know Roger was going to be in the episode so that was a nice suprise, and I liked Sayid's reaction to seeing Lil' Ben getting beaten up.

While I really like the two previous Dharma episodes, this one just didn't feel as much "fun". I guess because we didn't really learn anything new.

11. cubbie

cubbie Vice Admiral Admiral

My first average for the season only because the first 45 minutes were too slow. Ended with a nice bang though

12. Trippy

^He knew he was in the past the moment little Ben showed up

Above average...it had a slow burn effect until the end :wtf:

"Uh, can we get a different flight?" :lol:

13. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Oh I forgot about the ending, heh. On the hand it was shocking since we know Ben doesn't die... on the other hand it's a cheap fake-out because we KNOW Young Ben doesn't get killed there so it's just there to end the episode on. The time travel rules have been established, "Whatever Happened, Happened", Ben can't die in 1977.

14. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

This is true, we know it has been established what the rules are, so killing Ben is kind of cheap here, we know he won't die.

However, a thought just occurred to me, what if it is the gun shot here that causes older Ben in the future to develop that spine problem that Jack had to fix.

15. Trippy

Oh...there's an idea!

16. Caligula

Caligula Vice Admiral Admiral

It ended with a bang, all right! Since that "bang" seems to have effectively eliminated a certain pivotal figure in the Lost timeline, I wonder if this means we're now supposed to forget everything we think we know about this series. Gotta love a show that keeps you guessing five years in! :techman:

17. Caligula

Caligula Vice Admiral Admiral

Nice. That hadn't even occured to me, despite the fact that the episode containing Ben's back surgery was on the Sci-Fi Channel recently.

18. Agent Richard07

I saw him as pretty sharp, quick on his feet and as cool as ever. I don't mind that he has a few issues to grapple with. It's understandable too, since he wants to be a new man yet people around him are trying to label him as a killer who can't change.

19. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Something tells me that being shot by his trusted Hostile buddy is going to turn Lil' Ben into the malicious bastard he is today. His trust was betrayed in the worst way possible. I bet next episode Alpert will find him in the jungle and heal him back to health, Island Willing.

20. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Sayid intentionally kept himself around to be tortured and executed rather than escaping. That's not very James Bond ;)