NFL Offseason 2015 - Countdown to the first arrest

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by Scout101, Feb 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Regular season thread closed, so time to open up the Offseason thread. Should have some free agent movement in a couple weeks, draft after that, and at least a few players will be arrested soon, now that they are no longer under constant supervision. Discuss!

2. Captain Clark Terrell

Captain Clark Terrell Commodore Commodore

^A number of Colts players have already been arrested or otherwise involved in activities they shouldn't be. Irsay set a bad precedent lugging narcotics around in his car.

--Sran

3. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

Newsflash: Adrian Peterson is still a fucking idiot.

"[​IMG] Why did people say so many mean things about me? I only beat my son to the point that he had wounds on his scrotum!"

4. Green Shirt

Green Shirt Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Poor Adrian - the things HE'S been through.

5. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

So, this isn't good news...

http://seattle.suntimes.com/nfl/7/72/695824/dez-bryant-video-released

Dez Bryant allegedly caught on video doing something "worse than Ray Rice", supposed to be going live today at some point. Bad for him, bad for the Cowboys who had been trending up lately.

Also rumors that Cowboys knew about this for a while and have been trying to bury it/get rid of the video. Guess we can dig into that one after we see what's going on, but seems worthy of investigation, no? ;)

6. Use of Time

Use of Time Commodore Commodore

Of course it does. Best find out before they put the franchise tag on him.

7. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

well, that's an interesting point, too. They knew about this for a while, and were still considering the franchise tag for him. Mostly because they thought they may have buried it, but still, not a good look for the Cowboys.

8. Use of Time

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...al-mart-incident-report-involving-dez-bryant/

Here ya go. Counselor. May want to slow down on who buried what and who knew what until we get the bigger picture here.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
  9. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

You mean Mike Florio pulled something out of his ass and then doubled down on it? I am shocked.

10. Use of Time

:lol: Pretty much. She is mentioned as being in an argument with someone named Alex Penson and left the parking lot with him. She then apparently contacted two guys (friends of Dez) to pick up her car. She then showed up with Dez and when questioned mentioned she asked to Dez to pick her up after her argument with Penson. Schefter said on radio that if the video exists it is possible that it wasn't Dez doing any dragging. Who knows. If he did it, nail him to the cross.

Police report. http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/da...incident-in-lancaster-walmart-parking-lot.ece

11. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Funny that this time, you want to wait on speculation until the facts come in :lol:

Just going off of some of what Schefter said when interviewed on the topic, and that certain people had known about this since September or so. If you'll notice, I didn't call for the Cowboys to be banned from the league or anything just yet, just saying it would be bad for the Cowboys if they were at all involved in this one. Granted, my second post had less "if" in it than it should have, but still seems like this wasn't a secret before. Pure speculation on the cover-up angle, forget where I heard that being reported/speculated on...

12. Use of Time

What do you mean "this time I'm waiting for the facts to come in?" What exactly am I being inconsistent about here? I never said you asked them for them to banned from the league. Not sure where you are going with that one. You had made the comment yesterday that it was worth the investigation to which I agreed. :shrug: I mean, we are talking about a four year old situation in which the victim is claiming she had an argument with someone else. So yeah, I'm guessing people have known about this incident for quite some time as it is a four year old incident on public record.

You posted an article yesterday that claimed this video is "worse than Ray Rice" which is tad bit sensationalistic considering that we aren't sure 1) if this video even exists and 2) If it's even Dez doing anything wrong here. If the video gets posted and it's Dez then yeah, the NFL should act strongly. Not sure what you want from me here.

13. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

I was (I thought obviously) mocking the difference in reaction between this and the Deflategate thing. Not directed at you entirely, bad choice to not break the quote function out a little on my part. Mostly just mocking the seriousness of that investigation compared to the lack of caring over most other actual scandals recently. When the NFL KNOWS players assaulted women or children, they still don't want to act until a video is released and they are forced to act. Inquisition if a ball that started at 12.5 PSI registers at 12.3PSI after being out in the cold/rain and used for a couple hours, though...

And I didn't write the headline for the linked article, can't take credit for sensationalizing it. Since Schefter is the one reporting the video exists and is real, though, I'd tend to believe that both #1 and #2 are true. He's not generally tied up in the garbage press. Will see, as seems this is heading towards the light either way.

14. Use of Time

Well you used the phrase "funny how you want to wait on facts now" so I guess it looked like you were talking directly to me. Shit, I should have known this thing was going to end up with a discussion about "deflategate" somehow. i had a feeling that was where this was going. Not really interested in that.

If you have read the police report then yeah, the NFL is probably going to need a video to condemn Dez. There isn't really anything to go off of that would warrant a suspension there. The only thing that the NFL knows about the situation is that cars were involved under his name.

Let's not act like the NFL is prioritizing the deflategate thing over domestic violence either. All of the domestic violence cases received their fair share of publicity and attention from the NFL and media. We can probably agree these were bungled by the NFL but they were not ignored.

15. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

well, once they went public, at least. NFL can't really say they reacted to any of them ahead of the public finding out. In theory, this happened when, 2011? And seems like plenty of people in the business knew about it. In the new post-Rice atmosphere, it still didn't come out until a leak happened, and THEN the NFL is interested.

16. Use of Time

Yes, this happened in 2011. Plenty of people knew about it. Again, it is a public record. The problem is that the police report doesn't indicate any wrong doing. So what exactly did you expect the NFL to do four years ago? Suspend him or punish him based off of what?

Apparently there is a bidding war happening for the video. We'll see how fast the NFL responds to this one.

17. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

It would be an entertaining end of Bryant or the Cowboys won the bidding and it didn't come out. Not sure what the NFL would do there ...

18. Use of Time

Are we rooting for there to be a problem though? Also, hard to know if the Cowboys would be even be on the contact list of the seller.

I know it's the Cowboys and football fans would love to see them with egg on their face but it's kind of a shitty thing to hope for if there is a legitimate victim involved. Then again we are talking about football fans here. Not the most perspective oriented sports fans.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
  19. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

The victim, either way, had this happen in 2011. Not even rooting against the Cowboys, but against the NFL/Goodell. After all the crap lately, he's gotta go

20. Use of Time

No argument there. I guess we just have to wait and see how this shakes out now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.