The 13th Doctor's era

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Newspaper Taxi, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Newspaper Taxi

Newspaper Taxi Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Hello, Doctor Who fans! I am very ecstatic to be posting on an Internet-based message board. Where I come we don't have regular internet access for certain reasons -- this is the first time I'm posting on an internet based message board! I thought it would be fun to post on a Doctor-Who related forum as I've been a big fan since the 12th Doctor's era and the 13th is my favorite.

I haven't seen many topics about the 13th Doctor on this board -- and there only seems to be one based on the 12th Doctor, but I can kind of understand that. It was a hard act to follow after the Eccleston/Tennant/Smith trillogy and the writing took a 6/7th Doctor era dive in writing. (Glad it cleared up in time for 13's tenure!) I thought 12's actor was pretty decent, though. Even if it was an unusual Doctor by most standards.

But I love, love, love the 13th Doctor. My Favorite Doctor Who serial ever was "The Doctor's Only Fear". What an epic three parter! I'd been waiting for such a deep look at the Doctor's psychology and none plumbed the mental depthes like this one. (No actor other than the 13th could have pulled it off quite as well in my humble opinion.)

Sorry to ramble -- I'm just very excited. On a side note, can somebody explain the obession with the 11th Doctor on this forum? Was their a board-wide re-watch of his era or something? I mean, that guy's old news, right?

Good to chat with you in electronic format;
    Newspaper Taxi (My online psudeonym)

2. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

It's nowhere near April Fool's Day, so...whu?:confused:

3. zarkon

zarkon Captain Captain

I think the Epoch dropped you off in the wrong era

4. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Where did you get your TARDIS and can I "borrow" it?

5. Robert D. Robot

Robert D. Robot Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I always thought that 12th Doctor's regeneration into a cat was rubbish, but I can not deny that many fans (both human and Omicronian) do love the 13th Doctor. I will also admit that the stories have gotten much better since the Head of Stephen Moffat is once again showrunner.

6. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Wait...Moffat literally is The Head Writer?

7. Peacemaker

Peacemaker Vice Admiral Admiral

I have to admit, it really surprised me that RTD was asked to return for that year of specials between the 12th and 13th Doctor. Who knew they would actually do an
    "evil Doctor" arc to get in the Valyard.

8. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

a*hem*

Called it.

9. Peacemaker

Yes, yes, you did. I'm not sure how I feel about Helen Raynor being the new showrunner though.

10. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Wow they brought back the original three doctors! I thought the regenerative treatments were in the approval phase.

Any one think one of them might bite Matt Smith since they still have some Zombie traits leftover?

I think Geri Haliwell did okay as the half Tardis half door knob creature.

And they brought back the sombrero!

11. Pindar

Pindar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This is my new wallpaper.

12. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Love the first bit, where the 13th Doctor stands up from regenerating, finds a mirror, and his first words are, "What, is this IT?!"

Mark

13. Peacemaker

Yeah, but you have to admit, when the 12th Doctor stood up and farted first thing - it was really funny when she did that.

14. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

...And then felt her head for a zipper...

...And THEN felt her chest. Damn, that was wizard.

Mark

15. Demonland

Demonland Commodore Commodore

Anyone heard the rumours about the 13th Doctor's final episode including all the living past Doctors as well as Forest Gump style stock footage of the dead Doctors?

16. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

Oh now don't you start that old rumor again. It's been denied over and over again. Besides, you saw the news last week, didn't you? Madame Risingstein has been hired by the BBC to resurrect the bodies of One, Two, Three, and Eleven for the special.

17. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Thats not funny :(

18. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Who did assasinate Matt Smith again?

Also, renember the 12th doctor episode where he turned into a cyberman? They broke the fourth wall with that one, but I to this day think it's one of the best ones. Also loved the one where the 12th doctor met the 10th (I think they were going to do 12 meets 11, but Due to Smiths death, they decided to go with Tennant).

I liked 13's era too, but after 7 years, he decided to leave when Baker did. Besides, he's starting to age now, and the BBC can't afford to keep him on anymore. There have been rumours of there being a 14th doctor, but he is a robot with all the memmories and stuff implanted into him. Is this ture?

19. Demonland

Demonland Commodore Commodore

Has anybody been able to locate or download the elusive Holiday Special where they go to K9's home planet and meet his family?

20. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Damn, forgot what thread I was in :alienblush: I almost replied:

Wait...WHUTF???

Last edited: Nov 8, 2012