Your latest purchases, cont.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Goliath, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Holdfast

Holdfast Fleet Admiral Admiral

Been busy buying financial stuff over the last few days; our FY ends in April, which reminded me I hadn't got round to buying any ISAs (basically a tax-free savings scheme, for non-UK readers) this year so I had to do some research to decide what to get to use up this year's allowance. I'm generally moderately bullish on equities in the medium-to-long term but I've been buying quite a bit of those already since the lows of last year so rather than dump more into them, I split the allowance 50:50 between a capital-protected cash ISA yielding a guaranteed 3.7% per annum, and adding to a self-select equity ISA with a large-cap stock with a similar dividend yield and potential for moderate growth if my prediction re: the medium/long-term outlook is correct. At some point, I really need to get round to transferring everything to the care of my existing money guys to run it all as one single diversified portfolio but I've got a few financial loose ends to tie up first so I figure this is a good way of marking time until I can get round to really streamlining everything.

2. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

YESTERDAY:

A tall cafe latte
    A soap dish
    A toothbrush holder
    A soap dispenser
    Two bottles of anti-freeze
    Tickets to see "The Artist"
    Two cafe mochas.

3. Lumi

Lumi Captain Captain

A guinea pig!

.....and antihistamine tablets.

4. ares93

ares93 Commodore Commodore

Cute little buggers! (The guinea pigs, not the tablets...) My cousin has a few.

Filled up the car with petrol, so I had so sell a kidney...

5. T'Preea

T'Preea Commander Red Shirt

I bought some veggies last night and I broke down and bought an RC cola simply because I was feeling nostalgic.

6. C. Cole-Chakotay

C. Cole-Chakotay Commodore Commodore

7. Lumi

Lumi Captain Captain

Super cute. So worth having to take the tablets. lol

[​IMG]

8. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Bought some lotion, some soda and Caress bath soap.

9. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

bought Violin by Anne Rice and Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea Season 1 volume 1

10. C. Cole-Chakotay

C. Cole-Chakotay Commodore Commodore

11. trekkiedane

trekkiedane Admiral Admiral

While I read that I kept wanting to read some line ending in ...priceless! :lol:

Yesterday I was on a short excursion across the border to Germany and brought back a nice little pack of German delikatessen, some inexpensive liquor and a few other nice things.

12. Holdfast

Holdfast Fleet Admiral Admiral

MOT for the car. Nothing requiring attention right now, happily, so it passed OK.

They did flag up that the suspension bushes visually appear "deteriorated, but full normal travel" but since I haven't noticed any problems with them, I'm not going to bother doing anything for them for a while. Also, the garage suggested there may be a very mild oil leak from the engine but as the level is perfectly normal, they didn't think it needed any serious/immediate attention.

13. SeerSGB

SeerSGB Admiral Admiral

Well it was a new laptop-- but I might have to ship it back thanks to the fact some a-hole has demanded that my wife be fired for his fuck up.

14. Lumi

Lumi Captain Captain

Thanks! He's adorable but totally scared... doesn't like to be held so far. Hoping he will calm down a bit, he's only 4.5 months old.

Thanks for the links. Looking at the first site now. I've been to the second site and plan on buying some of those cube things to use for an indoor run, which we will move outside to the grass in the warmer weather.:)

15. CAPTAINMAX

CAPTAINMAX Lieutenant Red Shirt

I just bought a star trek model of the uss enterprise-c with the battle damage decals.
    so thats 15 models i have now all star trek and i dont know where to put them lol.

16. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Bought myself a little bit of shiny: a silver necklace with little bits of blue glass, at the Sherwood Faire.

17. ares93

ares93 Commodore Commodore

Just bought a new marshal uniform for the new season. My last jacket, well, sorta burned up. ES marshals don't actually need flame retardant apparel, but I figured I'd rather err on the side of caution. I feel like I've been robbed... No price is too high for safety I suppose.

18. Lumi

Lumi Captain Captain

A big pack of peameal bacon.

19. Lowdarzz

Lowdarzz Captain Captain

I bought used copies of the following.

Eternity by Greg Bear
    Polaris by Jack McDevitt
    3001: The Final Odyssey by Arthur C. Clark

20. CAPTAINMAX

CAPTAINMAX Lieutenant Red Shirt

I just bought thunderbirds for the ps2 yay (giggles quietly)