Star Trek - Fan Made Box Set

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by toonloon, Aug 5, 2014.

1. toonloon

toonloon Captain Captain

Hi guys.

First let me get this straight... I'm not here to advocate piracy in anyway or to encourage people to do so.

What I am here to discuss is something I started a while back and never finished - taking my blu-rays of TOS-R and remastering them to include bonus material.

It started as a project because I was disappointed the official releases don't have a "PLAY ALL" function like the DVDs did.

So I thought I could re-author the menus and burn some new discs. Then I decided to add Ken and John's Mission Logs as an alternative audio track and most recently, I've wondered if I could integrate the Sci-Fi Channel extras into the same project.

Again, I have to stress, I'm not here to create new versions for other people although I would happily share the information on how to do it yourself if you own original discs.

So I was thinking, are there other TOS era materials that could be included? I was thinking of taking the sci-fi channel stuff and using that to make a commentary track and using some stuff from the BD's where they interview contributors to specific episodes. Any other ideas?

2. Commishsleer

Commishsleer Commodore Commodore

Do the Blu-rays have all the original material, every minute of the original broadcast of every episode? Or are we working off 70s shortened syndicated versions of episodes? I'm not saying we are, I just don't know. If we are get those extra minutes somehow.

3. toonloon

toonloon Captain Captain

They are the full versions.

4. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

I still don't understand how we didn't get a 'Play All' feature on the Blu-ray releases? :scream:

5. c0rnedfr0g

c0rnedfr0g Commodore Commodore