Happy Thanksgiving

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by tomalak301, Nov 26, 2009.

1. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Just wanted to wish everyone on the BBS (Who celebrates anyway) a very happy and Safe Thanksgiving today. Hope all is good and no one does anything stupid, like Drinking and Driving. Anyone have any good plans today? I'm going across the street for Dinner and then have to go to work tonight at 11:30 PM until 4:30 AM. Should be fun.

2. Mallory

Mallory Moderator In Memoriam

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Only one of my daughters could make here today, but my son is already here and the turkey is in the oven. The holiday is off to a good start!

3. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! I hope you enjoy your day have a good time with your families. :)

4. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

Happy Thanksgiving everybody!

We just finished Thanksgiving dinner. We had a very juicy, golden brown turkey, with potato salad, chicken stuffing, hot buttered rolls, and for dessert we'll be having pumpkin pie and banana pudding.

I am stuffed. :D

I hope everyone everywhere has some good, hot food and spends time with their loved ones today.

J.

5. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

And a Happy Thanksgiving to you and all as well!

It's been a pretty remarkably wonderful day so far.

6. May 20

May 20 Consumer of cookies and milk Premium Member

I'm just tossing in my Thanksgiving wishes, too. Happy Thanksgiving! :)

Breakfast was homemade cinnamon rolls, which were yummyyummy.

We ate early this year, around 11:30. The bird cooked more quickly than I had planned, but we got it all together. Turkey, of course. Cornbread dressing, mac 'n cheese, mashed potatoes, mashed sweet potatoes, hot rolls, and cranberry relish. Yum! My daughter was a fabulous sous chef this year, and even Hubby pitched in and helped.

The leftovers are already stowed, and the kitchen is tidy. We've even had some apple pie. A pumpkin pie is waiting its turn. *sigh* :)

7. ShamelessMcBundy

ShamelessMcBundy Fleet Admiral Admiral

I will toss in my greetings. In a few hours' time, we shall head on to my aunt's house, where she has the feast waiting. :)

Happy thanksgiving everyone.

8. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

We just finished clearing up after a wonderful Thanksgiving. I hope everyone had a nice evening as well.

9. thestrangequark

thestrangequark Admiral Admiral

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! My friend Sonia just left with her half of the leftovers and I'm cooling off after a long, but lovely day. I just posted my funny Thanksgiving tale in the Dinner thread:

All the traditional fixings except...the turkey. My friend Sonia and I did Thanksgiving, just the two of us. Usually I host for well, a host of friends, but this year two of them couldn't afford the tickets, two had a death in the family a couple of months ago which resulted in their mother being more adamant about everyone being together on the holidays, and so it was just me and Sonia. We made a great meal: homemade stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, sweet potatoes, roasted squash and zucchini, fry bread, and an incredible apple pie. We each bought half the ingredients, she brought her half over, and we cooked together.

The thing about Sonia, she's smart as can be (one of few people who can beat me at Scrabble), but can be a bit spacey, and she definitely doesn't cook anything that isn't a two-step, microwavable process. She was unpacking her share of the groceries, and as she said excitedly, "I found a really small turkey; perfect for just the two of us!" she pulled a chicken from her bag. :lol:

So we had a Thanksgiving chicken, which did turn out very good.

10. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

Today was... peaceful.

J.

11. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

I hope everyone had a great day yesterday. :) I had dinner at my Mother's house; this year it was just immediate family, including my Brother's girlfriend and my Sister's family. My Uncles all have Thanksgiving at their kids' houses now. We had Turkey, Stuffing, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, Broccoli, Corn and Cider, followed by Apple and Pumpkin Pie and homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies for dessert. I couldn't eat much, but I have leftovers for when I'm feeling better.

Hmm, reminds me of someone... oh, yeah, me. :D

12. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Worst Thanksgiving ever. :(