Power Rangers

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by SG-17, Aug 7, 2010.

1. cylkoth

cylkoth Commodore Commodore

I always thought it would be cool if they could unite the 3 dino based series for a special or movie. :D

2. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I'm surprised there are only three. They seem to revisit themes fairly often. How many vehicle-based seasons have there been by now?

3. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I thought that in general, they alternate between vehicle and animal themes. Occasionally they'll double up (normally on vehicle themes), but usually it's one then the other, and even then the vehicles tend to be on a spectrum. Boukenger had construction vehicles, Dekaranger was police, GoGoV was rescue, etc.

Not that we see them for long, since as soon as they're introduced we get the big robot they all join into, rendering the individual components pretty much redundant. One wonders why no one ever just LEAVES the giant mecha in one piece and deploys it that way each time, instead of wasting precious seconds transforming while the bad guy always stands and watches without doing anything...

Mark

4. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

Again, only three: Turboranger, Carranger (Turbo), and Go-onger (RPM).

5. Christopher

^Umm, no, those were the specifically car-themed ones, but as Mark said, we've also seen ones based on rescue vehicles, police vehicles, and construction vehicles -- not to mention the odd spaceship or timeship theme. Heck, isn't next year's Sentai supposed to be based on trains?

6. Stephen!

Stephen! Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

With the exceptions of the Shogun Zords, Super Zeo Zords and Rescue Zords, which fought independently quite frequently.

Zeo did that. The completed Super Zeo Megazord is launched out of the holding bay cannon in "Another Song and Dance" and "Rangers of Two Worlds" part 2.

In some cases, it's probably impractical if the storage facility isn't large enough to accomodate a fully assembled robot, or it makes it easier to be hijacked, such as what happened with the Lifeforce Megazord in PRLR.

Pirantishead being an exception. Although granted, that was more of a plot device for "The Mutiny" part 1.

7. Stephen!

Maybe. Although sometimes speculation can be way off. These are drawings that people thought would be used for Goseiger (Megaforce)

[​IMG]

8. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

In Go-busters they left their ultimate mech that comprised the five team members machines inside the hanger.

9. Christopher

The Power Rangers of Vulcan! "It's logic time!"

Or, wait a minute, are those bat heads on their belt buckles? Maybe they were supposed to be the Power Rangers of Gotham City instead...

10. Samurai8472

It was cats on the belt

Sometimes these pictures are just Japanese fans trolling Western fans because well we believe anything lol

You can view sentai rumors and early images back to 2002.

I contributed a few images I collected over the years. I'm Gold Samurai

http://henshingrid.blogspot.com/2009/09/pre-images-of-super-sentai_20.html

Someone describing what they saw of Gekiranger/Jungle Fury before it was publicly revealed

[​IMG]

11. Christopher

I like the idea of Cat Rangers, but I'm not sure it could work.

"Rangers! A monster is attacking the city!"
    "Aww, go away, we're taking a nap."

12. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The monsters would quickly learn to attack only on Mondays. :)

I'm surprised Sentai hasn't done a full-on train theme yet. There's the occasional train mecha in series, but not a complete theme. Trains permeate everyday life in Japan so thoroughly, so hitting on this would have to happen eventually. Just imagine! five-plus youngsters making sure the city is safe from monsters, AND keeping the trains on time!

Mark

13. Samurai8472

[​IMG]

GekiRed- GekiTiger

GekiBlue-GekiJaguar

GekiYellow- GekiCheetah.

Well at least the first 3 were felines

14. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

Also Rio, the lion.

Sakamoto is reportedly directing the versus movie too.

15. Christopher

^I meant as in housecats, not big cats.

16. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

It seems I misinterpreted your question. I thought you meant the theme of the team in general, not just their mechas.

17. Stephen!

18. Christopher

Yikes. I can certainly understand the desire to let the actors' faces show through the helmets, but wow, that is totally not the way to do it. But then, I hated the movie version of the MMPR costumes anyway -- they took something rather elegant and made it all clunky and angular.

19. Samurai8472

Kyoryuger VS Go-busters just got more awesome

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Daizyujin suit is probably still new since they created a new one for the Gokaiger movie

Story summary

"Neo Grifforzar" and "Neo Gailton" in MMPR was Goldar and Zeltrax in Dinothunder

These might some kind of updated/distorted version of the original characters brought back

20. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

^"Zeltrax" from DT was actually a piece of armor in Abaranger. Galilton was just the first wielder who only lasted two episodes into the show before being killed. The armor was used mostly by Abareblack's wife and later Abareblack before becoming a puppet for the main villian.