Cardassian POV on orb theft.

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by WesleysDisciple, Feb 15, 2013.

1. WesleysDisciple

WesleysDisciple Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

How do you think the cardassians viewed the Orb Theft?

Do you think they thought the bajorans were backwards and superstitous and that the orbs some kind of scientific treasure?

or you think they'd WANTED to Break the bajoran's spirits.

2. Gul Re'jal

Gul Re'jal Commodore Commodore

Gul Re'jal is suspecting she's on the wrong space
    The Cardassians didn't steal the orbs, they appropriated them ;)

I think they thought the orbs were some kind of devices and wanted to learn how to use them. Maybe they hoped the orbs were some kind of energy source - something useful for their poor in resources society.

3. Sci

Sci Fleet Admiral Admiral

I see no reason to think it can't be both.

4. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

They wanted to kick Bajor while it was down.

Too bad they themselves got kicked by the Dominon.

That's karma for ya.

5. -Brett-

-Brett- Vice Admiral Admiral

Probably a little from column A and a little from column B.

6. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

The Cardassian POV from the Occupation is "Bajor belongs to us, everything from Bajor belongs to us."

After the Occupation is "Psh, you think we're gonna give stuff back?"

A couple years later is "Hmm, the things are useless to us but valuable to the Bajorans. Hey let's use them for our political and financial interest!"

And after the war is "Oh, that Dominion alliance thing? Trying to conquer the alpha quadrant? That was Dukat, not us. Orbs? Yeah, they totally belong to Bajor, of course they do! It was the bad Cardassians who stole them. Please don't kill us. Hey, let's make an alliance!"

7. Nerys Ghemor

Nerys Ghemor Vice Admiral Admiral

Given Dukat's stated motives of wanting to break the spirits of those who opposed him to the point that they would admit they were "wrong" for resisting him in the first place, I have no doubt that in addition to any attempts they may have made to study or weaponize the Orbs, that this was a motive too.

8. WesleysDisciple

on the occupation in general from Garaks statement, Right before they started working damar and a few other things... Its easy to forget... their POV as their cast as the bad guys.

But to the carassians The withdraw from bajor was a slap in the face to the entirety of their military stationed there, as it was rewarding a bunch of separatists.

9. WesleysDisciple

oh heres a curious idea? I doubt it will happen at this point but it might have.

Starfleet trys appropiating the orbs.

Why?

well some, such as the "orb of time" at least, could be interpreted as DANGEROUS is it really a GOOD idea to give that kind of power to a group of Ascetics.

at least I think thats what some in starfleet might think.

They wouldnt do so as casualy, as the Cardassians I know, but has potential.

ITs not too dissimilar to what nearly happened in insurrection.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2013