Odd Star Trek phone wallpaper question...

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by BlueMetroid, Apr 14, 2014.

1. BlueMetroid

BlueMetroid Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

So I just got a brand new phone, and I have to admit....I am totally overwhelmed at all it's new-fangled features. Is anyone familiar with how to alter an image for a home screen wallpaper on a Samsung Galaxy S5? I found a couple really cool images that I'd like to use, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get them to show up properly as a wallpaper! Here is the image....

http://wallpaper.mob.org/cut/#src:h...mw:1084;rmh:1924;rw:759;rh:1347;bp:5;tp:4269;

Can any techies help out a fellow trekkie? :)

2. Alrik

Alrik Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You should be able to just click "Apply" and it should do it automatically. If you need to manipulate/crop the picture more to your liking, you can get on your computer and save the image. From there plug your phone into your computer and transfer the file into your photo album. Open the photo and hit Menu. From there you should have options like 'Share, Delete, More'. Choose 'More'. From there choose 'Set As'. Choose 'Wallpaper' and it will pull it up and allow you to crop it how you want it to show up. Just save it and all done.

3. BlueMetroid

Unfortunately I've tried that to no avail. Whenever I attempt it, only part of the image is seen. Thanks for the tip, though.

Can anyone else offer assistance?

4. Alrik

Here is the image. If you have problems getting it from here, PM me.

[​IMG]

5. BlueMetroid

That worked perfectly! Thank you so much!

6. Alrik

Most welcome. Now its off to bed...or time to start watching for the 'Blood Moon'. Whichever comes first.