1/350 TOS ENTERPRISE

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Patrickivan, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Thraken-Sal

Thraken-Sal Ensign Newbie

The way I understood it is they were going to do three or four rounds of emails to make sure everyone who signed up got their chance to buy one of the Premiere issues. There are only 1701 in the release so it could be you signed up after the initial 1701 people did and you are on the waiting list. I know it's a pain in the butt to have to wait for the kit, because I've been waiting since Wonderfest 2011 for the opportunity to get one. Those who signed up for the waiting list will get a chance if enough of the original 1701 decide to not buy, but it's a hit or miss proposition.

2. Albertese

Albertese Commodore Commodore

^^^
    This is why I never signed up on the list. I kinda wish I had, because the updates would have been cool to see. But I figured the actual getting of one of these kits could wait till the retail release, at least for me. I'm gonna build the series version anyway so I don't need the pilot parts...

--Alex

3. Patrickivan

Patrickivan Fleet Captain Newbie

Maybe you're right. Perhaps they only have one person there. And maybe they "ARE busy with bigger things right now" like taking orders from customers, unlike what I was trying to establish... LOL!!! What a precarious little company they must have.

Hmmm... Patience is something that someone suggested I get. Perhaps that person should take their own advice and have patience with some people as well.

That was my thought too- get the confirmation orders in and move on. But then I thought, processing an order and filling it are too different things. Guess we'll see as more people confirm they got their order here.

Right- and you'd still potentially be on the 1701 list, but miss out on if the first 1701 people actually placed orders. That's unlikely though.

I didn't want to build the pilot version either. Meh- I will wait since neither my wife nor I heard from them. Hell, I still have TMP E on the go. I have no idea where I'm going to display that and I have a big house!

4. Q2UnME

Q2UnME Commodore Commodore

Looks like small groups. Got my notification early evening 11/02. Placed my order today. Order #909.

Long time comming. Can't wait!

Q2

5. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

I was # 266! :)
    It was kind of exciting that I happened to be online at the moment the email popped up in my Outlook.

6. Thraken-Sal

Got the shipment email this morning. :) One more barrier down!

7. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

My ship has shipped! :)

8. Patrickivan

Patrickivan Fleet Captain Newbie

OPEN IT! OPEN IT!!!

9. Thraken-Sal

LOL I will when it gets here, next week :)

10. Q2UnME

Anyone receive theirs yet? Pictures are required if you open your box and nose around inside. Personally, I'm not sure if I'll open mine just yet. Still back-and-forth on whether I'm going to build it right away or if I'll wait. I've got so many kits started, Mrs. Q2 has been after me to finish the 4 or 5 I've got started before taking on anything new. Who knows, perhaps I'll wait a few years and dump it on Sleez-Bay for a tidy profit!

Q2UnME

11. Psion

Psion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Oh yes, I've got mine, but I'm not sharing ... not even pictures, you poor r-r-r-rubes!

:devil:

Kit #136.

12. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

Recording ship arrival, Dear.

[​IMG]

13. Q2UnME

Mine arrived today (this evening)! The first impression was "Boy, this sucker is heavy"! and "The box is the standard kit box with just a sticker"!?!

Not sure if I want to open it or not.....

Q2UnME

14. Q2UnME

Where did you find the kit number? UPC code?

Q2

15. Psion

In the decal pack, there should be a certificate that thanks you for participating in the 1701 club. In the bottom, right corner it'll read "This certifies that this kit is # _____ of 1701."

It's kind of classy and I intend to frame it and mount it on the wall under the model when I'm finished.

16. Psion

I got off my lazy rump and took a couple pictures:

First, here's the certificate that shows the kit number:

[​IMG]
    I'm very glad I didn't get kit #1017, otherwise I'd have a compulsion to build the Constellation.

Here's a comparison of three different saucers:
    [​IMG]

The top is the Polar Lights 1:1000 scale kit. Beneath that is an AMT model I stopped work on 15 years ago -- I found tools I'd lost in that box! Underneath all that is the 1:350 scale saucer.

17. Albertese

Albertese Commodore Commodore

Glorious!

--Alex

18. Q2UnME

The worst part of this is fighting the temptation to open my kit and nose around at all the parts. The second worse part of this is now having to convince Mrs.Q2 that $140 for the light kit and $40 for the photetched parts are a necessity and a bargin to boot!

Q2

Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  19. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

Oh, open it, it's a model. It's meant to be built.

DO EEEEEET!!!! :)

20. Q2UnME

From the man who's going to kitbash his.... :cool:

You want my extra parts? ;)

Q2

PS: See them going for $1000 USD on Sleez-Bay