Elder Scrolls Online: Are you gonna play?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by blueziggy, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Manticore

Manticore Manticore, A moment ago Account Deleted

Given that my friend and I had to fight the UI to even be in the same instance layer as each other, no. Any MMO that makes it hard to group with friends isn't worth the time or money.

2. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Have you tried Fallen Earth? It's pretty much Fallout Online minus the actual Fallout name. It's kind of neat.

http://www.fallenearth.com/

3. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

That reminds me of the party interface on the XBONE. Oh snap!

4. Infern0

Infern0 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

it looks better than i expected.

that said i will wait about a year before i get into it, by then it will have been patched and updated heaps

5. Captain Qwert Jr

Captain Qwert Jr Captain Captain

I bought it. There is a certain joy in being a newb.

I'll give a more in depth report in a week or so, but honestly if I were to rate it now it would be C+/B-.

6. JRS

JRS Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

[​IMG]

I might try it someday:)
    But for the moment I am into other MMOs

7. -Brett-

-Brett- Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm ashamed to admit it, but it took me a few minutes to get that.

I might try it when/if there's a free demo version, but I doubt I'll spend much, if anything on it. For my money, single player games are inherently better, and I'm sure there are a few things I haven't found yet in Oblivion and/or Skyrim.

8. BennieGamali

BennieGamali Commander Red Shirt

I play it. I really like/love it. But i've got heaps of uni work that keeps me from it. Leveling will take me ages because i like the funny little stories and exploring etc

9. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

But still not that much better. If you can find a cul-de-sac of sorts, like a little alcove next to a shop where only one person can fit through, they do pretty much the same thing you're describing. It's how I racked up my first major bounty, in Riften.

In Morrowind, if you close a door behind you your pursuers can't even follow you into a room. You just see their animated legs glitchily poking through the door as they futilely run at it.

10. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Not terribly interested in an MMO version, but I eagerly await Elder Scrolls VI, whenever it should come out. I highly suspect it will not be available on XBox 360 if it ever does get made. I only hope MS comes out with a Kinnect-less X1 before then. :(

11. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Just think how much better a Next-Gen Elder Scrolls will look on new hardware. The current engine was showing its age, even with the new shaders in Skyrim, but not only graphically, but under the hood as well. I think that a new Elder Scrolls will have its underpinnings reworked to be more efficient. On the other hand, the new consoles have more memory.

12. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

TES VI will look and run even better on PC. I think I'm channelling Robert Maxwell.

13. AlphaMan

AlphaMan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

14. LaxScrutiny

LaxScrutiny Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've played ES since Arena and played ESO since early beta with my 10 year old on the other computer. We were both excited to play ES together. (He's played Skyrim.")

It's expensive, but I can afford it, and I have almost twenty years of history with the series. It feels ES to me, compared to any other game, but certainly there are few things missing.

Recent updates vastly improved on the first release, and content is continually being tweaked and added to.

Which reminds me, I have to feed my horse...

15. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Urgh, talk about turning people off of a game in only one sentence :lol:;)

16. ThunderAeroI

ThunderAeroI Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That or an arrow count. Nothing pisses me off as a ranger more than having an arrow count in an MMO. Even more so when the arrows are not player made and only sold by an NPC. I'm looking at you 2 moons.

17. Captain Qwert Jr

Captain Qwert Jr Captain Captain

AT level 35 and that's where I'll remain.

It's basically an extremely long, very linear, single player, by the numbers medieval CRPG with chat.

The areas are pretty (gorgeous in places), but ordinary. It's a forest, and another forest!, and another, etc.. They are also beautifully lit, unfortunately this also has the effect of making every PC and NPC comes across as a grey figure, even up close.

The quests are not worth mentioning. If you have ever played a mediocre rpg you've done all this before. Rats, Spiders, Goons, elementals, wolves, wash, rince, repeat.

I really hate Sheogorath. Overrated bore.

It makes some moves in interesting directions. The Instances require a lot of movement I like the idea of only 5-6 powers at a time, but execution needs work. Customizing your horse (By Feeding it) is a good idea that should be explored more.

Anyhow I'll give it a C+. Pretty, competent, but uninspired.

18. CaptainCag

CaptainCag Lieutenant Junior Grade

There are better online games than Elder Scrolls Online and it will be nothing compared to Skyrim, Oblivion, Morrowind, etc.

Not playing, even DayZ would be more interesting that elder scrolls online and dayZ sucks

19. martok2112

martok2112 Commodore Commodore

I was really stoked for ESO, but now, with all the dismal reviews by players here, and with the PS4/Xbone versions being pushed back from original release date, I may just pass on this one and wait for ES VI and Fallout 4 on PS4.

Here's what I'd really like to see:
    Borderlands 2 was just released for PS Vita (handheld), and thus far, it has almost all the features of the console versions. It had to be optimized slightly for Vita play, but other than that, it runs great.

So, both PSP and PS Vita have shown that they can indeed run open-world rpg styled action games (GTA LSS on PSP and Gravity Rush and Borderlands 2 on Vita). So, Bethesda, get ta' steppin' on Elder Scrolls and Fallout games for the Vita! :)

20. Chaos Descending

Chaos Descending Vice Admiral Admiral

So now that it's been out for a little while, what's the consensus?

Does it suck or has it gotten better with post launch patches or some-such?