Random Thoughts

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by dub, Sep 30, 2013.

1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

It kind of looks like an abacus.. or a horseshoe crab underbase.

And I bet she was born with a mouthful of horrible twisted Klingon teeth but got them humanized as soon as she was a teenager. She doesn't have them when see her as a child but that's because she has blanked this horror out and remembers herself with her current teeth.

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought it was the other way around?

Klingons get files and sharpen their teeth for early on.

3. teacake

Yeah but B'Elanna grew up on earth being teased for her Klingon teeth. She had NO Klingon pride. No way she wouldn't get some cosmetic dentistry going, considering she even thought about changing her unborn baby's head.

4. Guy Gardener

(Young) Alexander had human teeth, which is what I was going by. (Did he?)

Besides, are we going to retroactively remember that human augment DNA was humanizing their features despite generations of forced breeding plans to redominate the Klingonese traits of the species?

5. teacake

But that was the old days. They have bred that out. I bet there was a couple generations where anyone too human looking could not get a mate.

I can't remember Alexander's teeth.

Someone. Research it for me.

6. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

... HA!!! :lol: Aww ... that poor girl. I really loved Roxanne Dawson and by extension - I suppose - Torres, too. But that forehead had to go. What's more - and forgive me, Jesus, for saying this, but - I thought Tom Paris belonged more with Rain Robinson, of FUTURE'S END. What do you think? Their was some really good acting going on there, where I would have no trouble believing they were in love. I even heard the only reason Sarah Silverman wasn't in the cast after was because a deal fell through. But Paris and Torres always seemed kind of forced to me. I just didn't buy it ... maybe my hate for her rediculous headpeice is what threw me, I don't know ...

7. Lord Manitou

Lord Manitou Commander Red Shirt

Tom was the only individual who would develop enough patience to have an affair with B'Ellana. Any level headed disc jockey would consider her more work than worth and it soon would have dissolved. The only thing they had it common is they both wanted sex and she sacrificed a portion of her work duties to satiate him.:drool:

8. teacake

Much as I enjoyed Silverman it would have made it a very different show if you had a permanent fish out of water character on Voyager. It would have been some amusing scenes for sure, but if they had done it well it would have taken over a bit. And they probably would not have done it well, there would have been a couple of dedicated episodes to her fitting in and then it would barely ever come up again.

9. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Neelix and Kes were already the fish out of water characters, and to some degree, the EMH as well. Another character like that would have gotten in the way of story telling due to the need to give her something quirky to do in every episode.

10. teacake

I dread the thought of Voyager filled with 20th century references.. it could have been really weird. It's not the fish out of water so much as that part, the jokes made that only we the audience would get etc..

11. Guy Gardener

Seven of Nine was the Ultimate Fish out of Water.

12. dub

dub Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Tom kinda did the 20th century references thing with his automobile and b&w scifi obsessions. Perhaps he subonsciously missed Silverman? :) Also, the elephant in the room when it comes to fish-out-of-water characters that gets "too much" focus is Seven, right? I mean, overall I like her a lot. And overall I appreciate the focus on her. When it's not corny or forced.

Edit - Guy beat me to it.

13. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Yeah, like a season full of these:

14. teacake

I'm wincing just thinking about them writing in Raine..

15. Guy Gardener

What would have been the chance of Braga hooking up with Sarah? I'm interested in how that would derail the timeline which saw Braga and Ryan itemized (You've never used that word like that before? Me neither.) which would have put the Seven of Nine character on a much, much lower pedestal, if the producers "love" of any particular actress, even subconsciously, was controlling that actresses monopoly of the lime light.

But this would have meant a lot more musical numbers on Voyager, which can't have hurt.

16. Timewalker

Timewalker Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady Premium Member

In many different universes, simultaneously.
    Lisa LoCicero is currently playing Olivia Falconeri on General Hospital (see attached photo).

I thought it was too bad that Rain Robinson couldn't have joined them, but it wasn't like the crew actually needed her, since she didn't have any particular expertise in anything (the way Gillian Taylor did with the whales).

Attached Files:

17. Guy Gardener

Didn't have any skills?

They were in space and she was an astronomer.

Duh.

Stay or go, Tom still knocked her up in the back of that V-Dub van.

18. Timewalker

I daresay that whatever Rain knew about astronomy would be utterly dwarfed in comparison to what 24th century astronomers would know. She could learn, of course, but in the meantime she'd basically be in the way.

19. Guy Gardener

Uhura learnt how to be comms officer in 24 hours.

20. Timewalker

When did that happen?