Heroes 3x21 "Into Asylum" Discuss and Grade

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, Mar 30, 2009.

?

Grade the episode

1. Excellent

19.7%
  2. Above Average

50.8%
  3. Average

24.6%
  4. Below Average

4.9%
  5. Poor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Checkmate

Checkmate Commodore

Oh wow, if it's Ando and he can use the power on himself, that's going to be insane. I seriously doubt he'll be going down as a result, especially after they've gone through so much trouble of trying to rein powers in.

Noah would make the most sense since he's the only real enemy he's had throughout ever season, but Noah's just too damn popular to be written off. I hope it's Mohinder; Sylar could use some brawn. And while Angela's power is going to be really, really tantalizing to him, I like her too much to see her go. BUT! She'd be a great motivator for Peter and Nathan. So who knows.

2. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

Mohinder makes the most sense in regards to the spoiler. It must be.

3. Oso Blanco

Oso Blanco Commodore Commodore

I don't think he was an alcoholic. He had a hard time and he was drinking too much. But that doesn't make him an alcoholic.

4. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

It's Angela. This show loves copying Smallville so obviously they'll get rid of all the grown up characters first.

5. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

The only time Nathan really got drunk was when season two started when Nathan thought Peter was dead. The writers certainly never implied that he ever had a drinking problem.

6. Dorian Thompson

I wish the writers would imply that he remembers he has other children. That would be refreshing. Claire has her own father. She doesn't need Nathan to babysit her. How about having one of Nathan's sons manifest? Now that might actually be interesting instead of listening to Claire's constant travails.

Can you tell I don't like Claire? I've been told I seem a tad hostile about the whining little kewpie doll. Personally I don't see it.

7. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

^I suspect it's because they've already paid her while guest stars cost more money.

8. Dorian Thompson

sigh. Probably true. Still, one can dream of a budget increase.

9. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

^Increase ? With these ratings ? I'm amazed NBC doesn't just give them "what you finds, you keeps" for a budget.

10. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Besides, Nathan's ability is artificial. Maybe he doesn't carry the gene for superpowers--which would be kind of odd, since both his parents carried it and his brother inherited it. But whatever, genetics can be funny like that.

11. Dorian Thompson

I fully expect Heroes to get a sharply reduced budget next season. If it were up to me, I wouldn't renew it at all. Too expensive. Bad ratings. Can it be salvaged creatively? I just don't know.

12. melancholymecha

melancholymecha Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Im surprised at everyones guesses regarding Ausellio's spoiler & that no one thinks its...
    Nathan. Every other forum Ive been to the most popular theory has been that its Nathan that Sylar kills so that he can impersonate him, thus bringing about the 5 Years Later storyline. I hope its not true! Why does Nathan always have to be at death's door at the the end of every season!
    :scream:

13. Dorian Thompson

If they kill off Nathan, I don't care if it's the mighty Fuller writing it--they're too stupid to live if that happens. The Petrelli fraternal dynamic is gone if that happens. You can't get it back. The brothers' relationship was one of the big positives of season one. Nathan as a character is a positive. They can't keep Pasdar impersonating Quint's Sylar forever. Nathan, Angela, Noah are the three best actors on the show. Kill off your precious Claire bear. She contributes nothing. Having everyone running around trying to avenge her, now that would create story.

14. hyzmarca

hyzmarca Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Psychometry is the technical term.

Clairsentience refers to feeling metaphysical sensations, often "vibrations" produced by people, often over a distance.

Sylar's ability is more than just sensation, but rather provides extreme detail. If he put it to use, it would be one of his most powerful abilities.

15. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Way too many posts with spoiler codes. :lol:

16. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

Heroes Wiki describes the ability as Clairsentience so that's what I'm going with. I'm not going to stick to whatever oogedy boogedy descriptions people who actually believe in this stuff come up with. :vulcan: