Resident Evil 6

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by OdoWanKenobi, Sep 27, 2012.

1. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

We're less than one week away. Who is excited? I know I am. I've always loved the Resident Evil series. Even if it's moved on to a more action oriented series, instead of the tense survival based games that they used to be, they're still great games. I even thought 5 was still a pretty great game.

I've been replaying the whole series in anticipation. I'm currently only up to Nemesis. I had better get cracking. Though, it's amazing how quickly these games go when you've unlocked infinite rocket launchers in most of them.:p

2. 6079SmithW

6079SmithW Vice Admiral Admiral

I've never played a RE game but I'm looking forward to it. I've looked through the wiki to gain some basic knowledge of the series lore but I don't really know much about it outside the movies which I know have nothing to do with the games. Should be interesting and I hope its as fun as it looks.

3. OdoWanKenobi

I would seriously recommend playing the rest of the series. They're all great games, even if the control scene of this earlier installments is dated. If you're interested, try to track down the Gamecube remake of the original. It's the finest example of the "original style" Resident Evil games. I would consider it one of my favorite games, period. Of course, Resident Evil 4 needs to be experienced as well. It's one of the greatest action games ever made. I just kinda miss the tension that came from our heroes not being Rambo.

4. 6079SmithW

I'm not sure if I even have the cables for my PS 1 or 2 anymore. I would like to play the earlier games, though, especially 4. Maybe I'll get 5 too. I heard ORC wasn't that good.

5. OdoWanKenobi

No, not at all. It's not a canonical game, though. The only ones you need to worry about are the numbered games and Code Veronica (which comes between 3 and 4.) Again, the remake of the first is recommended over the original. Though the original does have some unintentionally hilarious dialogue.

6. Kirkman1987

Kirkman1987 Commodore Commodore

Count me among the purists who lost a lot of interest in the series after the gameplay switch. It's the same sensation I feel when I pick up one of the newer Rainbow Six titles. Both are in my top 3 franchises, but the newer games have moved away from the things that made me love them.

They are still good games though, so I'll get to it eventually, just not on release day.

My favorite was definitely RE2. Speaking of which, I would kill for a compilation release of the first three games, done in the gamecube remake style.

7. Trubinator

Trubinator Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I enjoyed Resident Evil 5 to a point but the series has always seemed kinda stupid to me. To make matters worse, a friend of mine insists on blabbing CONSTANTLY about it and won't shut up to the point where I will probably despise every subsequent RE title just on principle.

8. Delsaber

Delsaber Commodore Commodore

I think this series is bordering on reboot territory at this point. I'll probably still give RE6 a chance eventually, but I'm having just as much trouble caring about the games now as the movies. The continuity has grown too large and cumbersome for its own good.

Oh! Being able to move and shoot at the same time would also be awesome, Capcom. Just thinking out loud here.

9. 6079SmithW

You can move and shoot at the same time in RE 6. This was one of the "big" changes they did from what I've read about it.

10. OdoWanKenobi

The reviews are coming in and.....well it's not good. I think my excitement for the game has just been killed. It's looking more and more like a game I'll wait for the bargain bin to buy, if at all.