So What Are you Reading?: Generations

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by captcalhoun, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Yes, and I'll believe it when I see it, just like with Sky's version a year or so back...

2. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm reading Star Wars: Medstar Book 2. I've been working my way through the Clone Wars era for a couple years now, and I'm finally reaching the end. I'm excited to get to the Dark Times era.

Just finished Christopher's DTI: Forgotten History. One of my favorite Trek books ever.

3. terpette

terpette Commander Red Shirt

Trek-wise, I'm working my way through the "Time To" series right now. I'm on "Hate". I've also got the last 2 Vanguard books on my pile, and the DTI book. Non-Trek, I'm halfway through the first "Game of Thrones" and I downloaded book 1 of the Wheel of Time series to my Kindle.

Karen

4. Sakrysta

Sakrysta Vice Admiral Admiral

I haven't been able to focus on much reading lately. I keep pecking at multiple things. Still working through Against the Tide of Years, and I'm not sure what it says that I had to look up the title. Honestly, I could remember the titles of the books before and after, just not the one I'm currently reading. :rolleyes:

In Kindle World I'm back and forth between Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman and This Star Shall Abide by Sylvia Engdahl. The latter is a re-read inspired by seeing it as I've been rearranging my bookshelves (once again trying to make more room where there is none ;)).

In the car I have DTI: Forgotten History, but I haven't been reading much in the car lately, so I'm thinking I need to bring it back inside before the heat and sun ruin it.

I've been on a Madeleine L'Engle kick with audio books lately, and listened to Meet the Austins, The Moon by Night, and A Ring of Endless Light over the last couple weeks. I had forgotten that The Young Unicorns and The Arm of the Starfish both happen before A Ring of Endless Light chronologically, although ...Starfish doesn't have an audio version available on Audible.com (bummer).

Oh, and I also listened through The Time Traveler's Wife for the umpteenth time. If you love the book and want an audio version, I'd recommend the version narrated by William Hope and Laurel Lefkow. For some reason I can't find that version currently available on Audible.com, though I bought it there a while back. Go figure.

5. Drago-Kazov

Drago-Kazov Fleet Captain

Avoid the third Coruscant Nights book and don't read Death Troopers, listen to the audiobook instead.

6. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah I was planning on skipping Death Troopers. Never been interested in zombies. But I don't think I can skip CN3 since there is now a 4th book coming.

7. Patrick O'Brien

Patrick O'Brien Captain Captain

I am going to start it today:bolian:

8. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Finished up The 4400 finale book, Promises Broken, last night. I was a really big fan of the show, and I thought David Mack's novel did a good job of finishing up the story. It wasn't anything mind blowing, but it was very enjoyable, and I thought Mack did a very good job of picking up the threads both from the show, and Greg Cox's previous post-finale book, and tying then up in a satisfactory manner. My Shelfari rating: 4/5

9. Drago-Kazov

10. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Just zipped through another Lawrence Block - In The Midst Of Death - since it was only 130 pages, and the last part of an omnibus edition. Strange to see the recurring motif of "Winter is coming" in it, seeing as it was written in 1976!

11. Warp Coil

Warp Coil Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

After reading three Trek novels in a row (DTI: Forgotten History, Plagues of Night and Raise the Dawn) I'm switching gears and finishing up Guillermo Del Toro and Chuck Hogan's The Strain trilogy. I picked up the first book on a whim at a book store in the Austin, TX airport back in 2010. I'd finished reading the book I had brought with me and wanted something to read on the flight home. I enjoyed the first one. Picked up book two when it came out in paperback but never read it because I wanted to finish the series in one big chunk. The third and final book came out in paperback a little while ago. Just finished the second book, The Fall, today. I will start reading The Night Eternal tomorrow.

12. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I just finished Startrek The Devil's heart by Carmen Carter.I'm now reading book 2of the mars trilogy Return to Mars by Ben Bova.I like reading this novel so far it's been really interesting to read baout a manned mission to Mars and the dangers the astronauts are facing exploring the biggest volcano on mars.I'm aslo can't wait to read some the upcoming Startrek novels in the next few weeks.

13. Caesar753

Caesar753 Commander Red Shirt

Just started TNG: Valiant as a segue to the Stargazer series.

14. Mr Pointy Ears

Mr Pointy Ears Captain Captain

just finished reading watching the clock a department of temporal investigations book.

15. Kertrats47

Kertrats47 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

FINALLY wrote my review for Christopher L. Bennett's Ex Machina. I really loved this novel, and I wanted to make sure that my write-up for it did it justice. Even though it's longer than most of my reviews, I still feel like I barely scratched the surface on this one. If you haven't read Ex Machina yet, please do!

16. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

^Thank you! That's a fantastic, very flattering review. And thanks for plugging Only Superhuman!

17. Drago-Kazov

is there a good podcast dealing with Treklit somewhere?

18. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I forgot to post that I went back to the 5th Dresden Files novel, Death Masks, after I finished The 4400 book this weekend.

19. Kertrats47

Kertrats47 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

No problem! I'm looking forward to reading it! :) And well-deserved praise for Ex Machina.

20. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm at about 85 percent of By Schism rent asunder by David Weber.

After that, I'll be reading the new Titan novel by Michael Martin, then back to the Safehold series.