Who would you want to play the captain in Trek series 6

Discussion in 'Future of Trek' started by jefferiestubes8, Oct 31, 2009.

1. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

^ So what about David Tennant, Billie Piper or John Barrowman as the first officer?! :p

2. GhostFaceSaint

GhostFaceSaint Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

On the north pole in GhostFaceSaint's workshop.
    Mickey Rourke! With Johnny Depp as the first officer, if you had three million dollars to blow on per episode that is!:p

3. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I would like to see Sarah Michelle Gellar(Prinze) as the next ST captain.

4. Mysterion

Mysterion Vice Admiral Admiral

Andre Braugher (Homicide: Life on the Street)

5. urbandk

urbandk Commodore Commodore

you've always got the best avatars! :bolian:

6. DevilEyes

DevilEyes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I love the suggestions of Andre Braugher, Angela Bassett, Dennis Haysbert and Lawrence Fishburne. :bolian:

Other suggestions:

Lena Olin
    Lindsay Duncan
    Eamonn Walker

7. Captain Pike

Captain Pike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

8. Rush Limborg

Rush Limborg Vice Admiral Admiral

Viggo Mortensen (Aragorn, Lord of the Rings)

Bruce Greenwood (No, not necessarily as Pike--but let's be honest, he'd be AWESOME)

Nicole deBoer (Hey--Captain Ezri Dax of the Aventine. Just sayin....;))

9. blueskin

blueskin Ensign Red Shirt

Nicole deBoer works for me.

But how about Willem Dafoe as Cap with Michael Paré as first officer.

10. Sabataage

Sabataage Commander Red Shirt

Harry Lennix from Dollhouse. Cool under pressure and ruthless when neccessary.
    Ron Glass from Barney Miller and Firefly. His character was simultaneously the most conscientious, enlightened member of the cast and (implicitly) the most cold-blooded and vicious. A perfect mix fro a starfleet captain. Idris Elba is just amazing in whatever he does.
    One advantage in casting an older black thespian as the Captain of the ship /or at least a bridge officer is the opportiunity to do a retcon and make him the young shuttle pilot during the Kelvin sequence.

Other potentials would be Alan Tudyk or Jason Segal for a more comical, unlikely sci-fi hero. Hell you could make him complete subversion of who we typically view as the Captain of a ship. Make him not a physical-type (like Kirk) or intellectual type (like Picard), but instead someone who's just really good at running a starship and is more akin to an owner/manager of a small business or restaurant like Richard Jenkins, Louis C.K., or John C. Reilly.

11. Nerys Ghemor

Nerys Ghemor Vice Admiral Admiral

Ooooh, that would be awesome. Not only do I love his voice, but I love that deadpan demeanor he uses to deliver some really funny lines. Admittedly I only know him from the All-State commercials, but he definitely got my attention.

(FYI to those of you reading Sigils and Unions, I changed my casting for Glinn Va'Kust--I finally had to admit that it was Haysbert I was modeling the man after! If you're reading that story, look at Chapter 6 of The Thirteenth Order...that's pure Haysbert.)

But one thing I would love to see would be an alien captain. I wonder, what alien race would Haysbert be good as, if we were to go that route?

(Or who else would you want to see, if we were to have an alien captain?)

12. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Vaughn Armstrong.

Why? Hey, he's Vaughn Armstrong. Need I say more? ;)

seriously, this guy is a Trek veteran from way back. One of the best ever. He deserves to have his own series.

13. sbk1234

sbk1234 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Michael York.

14. Kane_Steel

Kane_Steel Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Ew...

Sorry that's horrible

15. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Christopher Eccleston, obviously.

16. Kane_Steel

Kane_Steel Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

My choice is Michael Weatherly for Captain (NCIS). He can project authority but also be funny/entertaining.

[​IMG]

17. Praxius

Praxius Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well for me, it depends on what kind of captain you want.

Do you want something like Kirk-style, Picard-style or something in between?

If you wanted something towards the Picard-style of capt'n'ing, then I'd go with Laurence Fishburne as mentioned before,

[​IMG]

or perhaps even William Petersen,

[​IMG]

not because both of them were on CSI Las Vegas, but because I like both of their acting styles and would play a decent starfleet captain that has a good head on their shoulders.

If you wanted to lean towards the Kirk-style, I'd go with either Colin Farrell

[​IMG]

or Bruce Campbell.

[​IMG]

I know I know, a lot of people don't care much for Colin F. these days, but I was a fan of his acting before he became main stream when he was in Tigerland and he can be a really good actor when he wants to be, lol.

18. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I doubt Bruce Campbell would agree to do any Trek series. Didn't he turn down a role on DS9? ("Jack", of the Jack Pack from 'Statistical Probabilities')

19. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

^ I think it's even less likely that movie stars of the calibre of Colin Farrell, Lawrence Fishburne, Viggo Mortensen or some of the other names bandied about here would do it. I'm assuming that people are choosing wish-figures, rather than actors who Trek would genuinely have a chance of landing.

20. John Picard

John Picard Vice Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

"You know the Klingons -- buncha bitchy little girls."

Last edited: Dec 2, 2009