what do people want star trek 3 to be like

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by tmosler, Jun 17, 2013.

1. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

Just to clear up some confusion, this is speaking for other people out of turn:

And this (Ovation's comment) is stating a personal opinion:

That you get indignant about the latter while doing the former doesn't make a whole lot of sense, and I would appreciate it if you would stick to just stating your own opinions rather than telling other people what theirs are or what motivated them to say it.

2. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

I want Kirk to talk a computer into committing suicide.

Everybody else wants the Borg, so I say combine the two: They run across a repressive 'paradise' a la "Return of the Archons" and it turns out to be the collective. They assimilate half the Federation before Kirk logics them into destroying themselves.

3. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I want star trek 3 to be absolutely awesome and full of witty and challenging repartee. There will be a crapload of food in it and the memoryalpha food section will grow by more than a third in size. There will be NO animals. Denobulans will abound.

4. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

I disagree. I think they should give Kirk a dog that goes on all their missions with him. Like they go on a mission to Kronos, but it's always slightly slower than everybody else, so they have to keep waiting for it to catch up leading to lots of tense moments where you think maybe Kirk's dog might get killed by a Klingon, or an explosion of some kind.

Also, I think they should show the birth of Picard, and how he grows up to be a dustbin man instead of a Star Fleet captain, but at least he doesn't get stabbed this time, so that's good.

It should star 50 Cent as the leader of the Klingon Empire.

They should add a 7 year old kid with freckles and a bowl haircut for comic relief.

5. Charles Phipps

Charles Phipps Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I want action, spectacle, and whizz bang pew pew but I want time to breathe and a story that actually has meaning.

6. teacake

Time to breath? Do your breathing during the ads!

7. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

A return to Roddenberry's Vision, his TRUE vision from the early TNG era and not his false TOS era vision, complete with preachy sermons about humanity having evolved beyond the ways of the late 20th/early 21st century. And I want a re-enactment of Tasha's speech about drugs to Wesley, played out in this timeline between Uhura and Chekov.

8. teacake

Since Chekov isn't 21 yet can he even drink in this pre-synthehol era?

9. Pingfah

Chekov is Russian, they don't have a legal drinking age. :p

10. teacake

But didn't america win all the wars?

11. Pingfah

Actually, I have no idea what happens between now and whenever STID is set in Trek history, so i'll have to take your word for that.

12. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Nope. Remember the Union Jack in London? That was the United Earth flag:cool:

13. Commishsleer

Commishsleer Commodore Commodore

All brilliant ideas guys but

1. No no no synthenol

2. No Denobulans - they look weird (just joking about the reason) but no Denobulans

3. Spock can have a pet sehlat or the cat from the Gary 7 episode (a spy cat) Only Spock can have a cat because he's my favourite.

4. They can have lot of food but I want the cubey things from TOS.

5. I in principle agree about Kirk getting a maniacal computer to commit suicide but the boat might have sailed on that one.

6. Kirk should rip his shirt. (optional)

I am going to trademark all these brilliant ideas JJ so don't try to use them without paying me (even the ones I stole off other people)

14. teacake

Oh I want those cubey thing soooo badly..

It was thrilling to see them on ENT.

RIPPED SHIRT! Also, and this is very important, GREEN SHIRT! Green wrap around shirt. and rip it, rip it good.

15. Commishsleer

Commishsleer Commodore Commodore

One problem - Is anyone beside Shatner man enough to wear the green wrap??????

16. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

:lol: Somewhere R. Orci just sighed then deleted his first draft of STXIII. ;)

[EM] Impossible, Picard's Grandfather is still in diapers. :cool:

17. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Make the big showdown a duet aria featuring Kirk and Landru of Borg, and I'm there.

18. greenlight

greenlight Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

1) Original stories. No rehash.

2) I may be in the minority here but I'd like to see more of the federation. More ships. More of the different designs. More of the inner workings of the federation (assuming it's well done and not another the-federation-is-corrupt storyline).

3) And most importantly: I'd like to have the technical and canon advisers have some real authority. When a writer/director/producer suggests transwarp beaming or says that 78 decks seems more dramatic, the adviser gets to smack 'em upside the head and make them go sit in the corner.

Also, 4) throw a bunch of money at Rick Sternbach and get him to do a big batch of ship designs. Man, do I miss his stuff.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2013
  19. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Zzzzzzzzzz...

Canon and tech details simply aren't important to drama.

20. Captain Clark Terrell

Captain Clark Terrell Commodore Commodore

Won't attract casual fans with this. And the inner-workings of the Federation aren't interesting unless there is corruption or drama of some sort.

--Sran