Abrams: Star Trek Maybe

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by TrekToday, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Greylock Crescent

Greylock Crescent Adventurer Admiral

I'm absolutely thrilled that Abrams is doing both Trek and Wars. He has already demonstrated the ability to successfully interpret one franchise for modern audiences and I'm excited to see the results for the other. And, if his schedule permits, having him at the helm of both franchises (to whatever degree is necessitated by their respective studios) means that we're in for a good 5+ year run of exciting, entertaining sci-fi/fantasy films.

Sign me up.

2. Xaios

Xaios Commander Red Shirt

You corporate bastards, you killed my canon!

But in all seriousness, Danger Ace, we're talking about an ENTERTAINMENT MEDIUM here. This is not Brave New World or 1984, JJ Abrams hasn't turned Star Trek into "the feels," he's not a member of "The Party," and the thought police aren't coming abduct you in your sleep and torture you with Cardassian Voles. So stop with all the truther Trek Tea Party mass conspiracy bullshit. It just comes across as paranoid.

Also, replying to someone in latin is the height of pretentiousness.

3. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

When you feel like you're being persecuted because someone makes a movie you don't like, it is probably time to find a new hobby.

4. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

Quite so.

5. BillJ

Fixed that for you... :techman:

6. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

or you know you try to suggest it's relative to the Holocaust:wtf:

7. SeerSGB

SeerSGB Admiral Admiral

I think that must be the single most offensive thng I've seen posted on this board in a long time. Comparing the reboot movies to the horrors of the Nazi Regime? That goes beyond Godwin that's just flat out offensive.

8. BillJ

Outside of mocking the post, I'm not sure that I would ever even entertain a serious discussion trying to compare the two.

I'm not sure how anyone could...

9. Opus

Opus Commodore Commodore

Danger Ace - Again, these are movies and not The Holocaust.

Perspective please.

10. SeerSGB

SeerSGB Admiral Admiral

I don't even know if that could be taken seriously. How can...I mean...the hell man? How does anyone go from "I don't like the new movies" to "Their as bad as the Holocaust!". That's just...you know what fuck it: I've met Holocaust survivors. I've seen the tatoos on their arms, sat and listen to them break down in tears as they describe the nightmarish hells they suffered.

So you know what, I'll eat the warning for this one.

Fuck you Danger ace, you offensive, ignorant twat. Whatever the else you do on this board, you have sat the gold standard for being the asshole fan that gives the rest of us a bad name.

11. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Good. :cool:

12. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

Semel in anno licet insanire.

You've already used up your once yearly free pass.

[​IMG]

Maybe "they" came for you because you were saying something crazy like comparing JJ Abrams directing a couple of blockbuster scifi movies to the Holocaust? It's not even a power grab in comparison to NewsCorp or Time Warner, which are also --despite being far more concerning in terms of too much control of the newsmedia especially-- not remotely comparable to the Holocaust. Get a grip, man.

But don't worry, Kanye agrees with you that no one man should have all that power. And Kanye is always rational, so you're in good company.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=L53gjP-TtGE[/yt]

Last edited: Apr 28, 2013
  13. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

I wish people wouldn't do that. I get being offended, but this isn't really solving anything. However...

Warning for flaming. Comments to PM.

Warning for trolling. Comments to PM.

EDIT:

To everyone else, let's see if we can't get this back on some topic which isn't Danger Ace, shall we?

Last edited: Apr 28, 2013
  14. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

So... who will be the secret guest star for the third film?

15. Flake

Flake Commodore Commodore

It will be George Lennon.

Abrams is going to direct Star Wars 7. It'll come out Summer 2015 and make a ton of money probably double or triple STID take. Everyone will want him to do the next one and he will not do Trek. Best to let someone else do the next Star Trek now so we can have it in 2015 or 2016 instead of waiting another 4 years. This is assuming we get another one!

16. Flake

Oh and the next Trek should be released in either November, December or early March not in any crowded summers.

17. SeerSGB

SeerSGB Admiral Admiral

If nameless redshirt number forty-two from episode 10 isn't in the next one, it'll show that Abrams doesn't care about canon or the fans.

On a serious note: As long as the next villian isn't Borg, I really don't have a wish list.

18. Flake

Save the Borg for the TNG reboot! :)

19. BillJ

Nah. Might as well go out with a bang before the next reboot. :techman:

20. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Abrams will probably direct the next Trek.

Khan will be the big villain. I'm sure a second threat will be introduced, most likely Klingon.