SONS OF ANARCHY tv series disscussions and comments

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by timothy, May 2, 2011.

1. Beagleman

Beagleman Commodore Commodore

Damn, that was painful to watch. First Dawn's fate, now Opie, the most likeable club member, shit's getting brutal this season.

2. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm still not convinced about the story logic of this show, I think the wounds of the last two seasons are still festering. But I have to admit at least some of the drama is compelling this season.

3. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

They have really ramped up the intensity this year. I didn't even know that was possible after last year, but there it is. Gemma is getting a bit out of control but I find her arrest at her boy toy's brothel to be especially amusing.

Really looking forward to corrupt Mr. Corrections Officer getting a broomstick up the ass.

4. Drago-Kazov

Drago-Kazov Fleet Captain

I know some girls are easy that woman walking to Juice and just making a straithgforward proposition was a bit weird.

5. Shanndee

Shanndee Commodore Commodore

I suspected that Opie was going to come to a bad end. First, his wife (who he did love) was murdered by his "family", the club. Then he started to distance himself from his children (who he didn't know well anyway due to his time in jail). Then his father was murdered, once again, by his "family". When he admitted to Lyla that he didn't love anything anymore I knew he was finished.

Opie's murder has recreated Jax. As he watched his best friend die I think we witnessed the final death of the idealist young man and the birth of the hardened gang leader (or future "king" if you believe Pope)

Compelling episode. It sucks that we lost Opie...but we're going to lose a lot more before the series is over.

6. Garak

Garak Cruisin' Premium Member

Best thing that could have happened to Jax was Opie snuffing it. Good for Clay too.

7. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

8. 137th Gebirg

:wtf: :eek: :confused: WTF indeed! Truly bizarre.

9. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

I'm sad to see Opie go, but I bet Ryan Hurst is ecstatic that he can finally get a clean shave and a haircut again.

10. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

R.i.p opi damn they fucked with him for three seasons killed his first wife his father and then is killed in prison. I like emma new guy for sure new 5 out 5 stars :) :)

11. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

Well a moving ending for Ope and some new things being setup for the boys. You could really feel the pain there at the end. You can also see Clay starting to gain his strength both physically and at the table.

12. Drago-Kazov

I hope Clay will die or get rid of the tubes. I wonder how Gemma will feel about being separated from Bail Organa.

It was really weird that Jax put stop humping my mother into a business deal.

13. 137th Gebirg

^^^ It was a wise move. Mixing business and family in the best of times and in a legitimate business is difficult and problematic enough. In Jax's business it can be very deadly and used against him, particularly now since he's now interacting with an adversary who is known to turn family members into charcoal to prove a point.

Gemma will never see it this way, but Jax really is trying to protect her the best he can. She just seems to be acting like a petulant teenager this season - Clay, too - now that their power and comfortable influence has been forcibly stripped from them.

14. Shanndee

Shanndee Commodore Commodore

Agreed. A good end for Opie's arc and the beginning of new things for the club.

Jax is showing his developing leadership skills, but the coldness and scheming is definitely starting to show. Opie's warning to Jax about the gavel changing people will soon be evident.

Glad to see Clay recovering...a showdown between he and Jax will only be satisfying if Clay is at full (ish) strength.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  15. Drago-Kazov

137th posted:
    Ditch Clay he is useless. Does he even have a critical role within the club.

Much more likely to hurt the kids or his wife.

16. 137th Gebirg

He's Piney 2.0, playing the main antagonist to the President. :) I wouldn't write him off just yet. He seems to be slowly recovering and still has a few claws left.

Yep. That was one of the great things about the movie "Heat", when DeNiro's character said that one of the first rules in the business is to never get too attached to something or someone that you couldn't cut loose if the heat was right around the corner. Also why Kaiser Sose's solution to his family being held hostage in "Usual Suspects" was so powerful and shocking, showing "these men of will what 'will' really was".

I have a strong suspicion Jax may be put in a similar predicament before the series is over.

17. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

As Jax pointed out - Clay is the only Son the Irish will sell guns to, and the CIA wants that trade to continue for now. If the club loses that deal, the RICO case starts back up and the Sons are finished. I'd say that's a pretty critical role, even if no one in the club beyond Jax and Bobby have that knowledge.

18. Nick Ryder

Nick Ryder Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well I kinda like seeing Clay take his lumps, for too long he's sort of been cock of the MC walk. He says jump, people jump. Now he's the one that has to take the orders and basically is the only one to growl some words of contradiction or warning to Jax.

I do see a lot of Clay and Gemma in Jax and Tara. Tara has slowly been turning to a far more educated and devious Gemma. But I do like that Jax has a focus, that he's not the "I'm gonna fuck this club as soon as I can." sorta punk he was earlier. Granted he's still trying to find an exit, but I think he realizes that the club is all he really has besides Tara and his kids and now with Opie gone, he's really only got his MC "brothers" to lean on.

I do think eventually we'll see the Sons fold or slowly dissolve away. Maybe it'll come to a point where Jax is in a position to say "Anyone who wants to stay with me, can stay with me, but... the club's done. Too much blood, too much hurt, too many dead brothers. Let's just move past all the shit." I could really see the series finale being the Sons of Anarchy sign coming down off the club house and being burned in the BBQ pit, kuttes being tossed on the fire and then a flash forward to an older Able and Thomas on their first Harley's riding with their old man, Gemma riding with Jax and the ghosts of JT and Opie riding beside them. Then finish with a ghostly reaper coming out of Jax's back onto his plain black kutte. Jax making some monologue about "The Sons of Anarchy may be over, but the Sons of Teller... our ride never ends." or something equally melodramatic. Then cut to the SONS rings back on JT's grave, along with the President patch. Finally... a fade to the reaper as every episode had ended.

I know it's not par for the series, but I really would like to see Jax and his family make it out of all this alive and know that the whole series told us everything we needed to know about the Last Days of SAMCRO. Which I think was what Sutter wanted to call the series, something like The Rise and Fall of SAMCRO. I think he said he really would like to do a prequel series, with a young JT, Gemma and Clay - even though we sorta know the story - it would be interesting to see the path it took getting there. But I really think it should only be like a 3 season show. I doubt they could pad that out into 5 or 6 seasons like SOA

19. Drago-Kazov

Thanks for explaining it.

20. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

Funniest scenes in Sons ever. Was laughing my buttocks off. Love when the Shield alums stop by and this appearance was beyond funny. Great makeup job on those huge boobs and Tigs reaction to them was priceless.
    The rest of the show was great as well.