Billboard Hot 100...

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Jetfire, Jan 10, 2012.

?

What Are You Listening to?

Poll closed Jan 9, 2013.
  1. "Sexy And I Know It" LMFAO

20.0%
  2. "We Found Love" Rihanna Featuring Calvin Harris

30.0%
  3. "The One That Got Away" Katy Perry

40.0%
  4. "It Will Rain" Bruno Mars

10.0%
  5. "Good Feeling" Flo Rida

15.0%
  6. "Party Rock Anthem" LMFAO Featuring Lauren Bennett & GoonRock

25.0%
  7. "Ni**as in Paris" Jay Z Kanye West

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. "Set Fire To The Rain" Adele

60.0%
  9. "Someone Like" You Adele

65.0%
  10. "Stereo Hearts" Gym Class Heroes Featuring Adam Levine

35.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Here are the top 10(Currently as of this moment)...Do you listen to this stuff?

01. "Sexy And I Know It" LMFAO (Listen)
    02. "We Found Love" Rihanna Featuring Calvin Harris (Listen)
    03. "The One That Got Away" Katy Perry (Listen)
    04. "It Will Rain" Bruno Mars (Listen)
    05. "Good Feeling" Flo Rida (Listen)
    06. "Party Rock Anthem" LMFAO Featuring Lauren Bennett & GoonRock (Listen)
    07. "Ni**as in Paris" Jay Z Kanye West (Listen)
    08. "Set Fire To The Rain" Adele (Listen)
    09. "Someone Like You" Adele (Listen)
    10. "Stereo Hearts" Gym Class Heroes Featuring Adam Levine (Listen)

http://www.billboard.com/charts/hot-100#/charts/hot-100

For me no. :lol: I have to look at the 21-30 and I like Jessie J & Gavin DeGraw.

http://www.billboard.com/charts/hot-100#/charts/hot-100?begin=21&order=position

2. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

I have only heard one song off that list, the second one by Adele, Someone Like You. I don't listen to her currently, but I am toying with the notion of buying her current album as everything I have heard from it has been excellent.

I have never heard of most of the rest of the list. I only know Bruno Mars from watching his performance with Janelle Monae at the Grammys on youtube. I have heard of Rihanna, Katy Perry, Jay-Z and Kanye West, but I don't know their music. The rest, no idea.

3. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

My wife and oldest daughter like Adele and I found I don't dislike her. The other one I listen to is "Party Rock Anthem" but that's because it became an earworm after seeing the Halloween house that synchronized its lights to that it.

More often than not, I listen to music or podcasts on my iPod instead of current radio.

To paraphrase Leslie Knope, the thing about music today is that I don't get it.

4. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I have listened to some older Jay-Z and a few other Katy Perry songs...but the rest no. :lol:

5. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

"Someone Like You" by Adele is the only one I've heard, and I can safely say that I am fucking sick of it.

6. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

Not really, with the exception being Adele. Haven't listened to those two songs by her yet... but I do like 'Rolling in the deep'.

7. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Almost all are played on the station my wife listens to while we commute to work. So I would have to say I listen to them. Though even my wife goes for the presets when Katy Perry's no single is on. I only voted for the ones I recognized though. The others might be on the stations playlist, but I the titles and artists didn't ring a bell.

8. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The only song on that list I've heard is Adele's "Someone Like You," but I mainly know it from it's cover on GLEE.

9. PKTrekGirl

PKTrekGirl Arrogant Niner Thug Admiral

No. But then, you probably knew that. ;)

I have less than zero interest in any of the above 'talents'. :p In fact, just for grins, I went through the entire top 50 songs that were accessible at that link, and I did not find a single artist I was interested in.

Now, just for the sake of discussion, if you go over to the Billboard Top 200 Albums, I do own the following from among the top 100 visible:

7. El Camino - The Black Keys
    28. Sigh No More - Mumford & Sons
    47. American Capitalist - Five Finger Death Punch
    55. 1 - The Beatles
    61. Greatest Hits - Guns N Roses
    86. The Lost Children - Disturbed
    88. Wasting Light - Foo Fighters
    91. Brothers - The Black Keys

I am also interested in perhaps purchasing one or both of the Florence + The Machine records on the list, but have not done so yet. And I might pick up Bon Iver - haven't decided yet.

10. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Just the two adele songs at this point. I'm actually getting really annoyed with anything LMFAO (Or whatever they are called) puts out (That Party Rock Anthem is not as good as people say it is) and the We Found Love song might have just become the most overplayed and overrated song right now. Actually, I'm just getting tired of what radio is bringing out anyway, so I mostly stick to podcasts and music that I've bought, but I do try to keep current with what people are listening to.

11. JRS

JRS Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I do not listen any of those artists mentioned in the Top 10 and honestly I can barely recognize many of the names.
    I do know of what Rihanna Looks like and that Katy Perry has a nice set of boobs..that is about it then.:shrug:

12. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

Shockingly enough, I actually do know most of those songs, with the exception of the Bruno Mars and Kanye West one. My boyfriend likes to listen to radio stations that play many of these songs, and I have a 15 year old sister, so she played almost all of these songs several times when I was over at my parents' house for the holidays. Now, whether I actually like any of these songs is a different matter entirely - "Party Rock Anthem," "Stereo Hearts," and "Sexy and I Know It" are kind of catchy, but I would never purposely seek them out. I really can't stand anything by Rihanna or Katy Perry. I did like Adele's music at first, but it is so overplayed now that I can't bear to listen to it anymore.

13. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

I've never heard any of those songs.

14. Goliath

Goliath Vice Admiral Admiral

Hell, no.

15. Methos

Methos Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

sorry, but no, continued exposure to anything on that list would lead to bleeding ears

M

16. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

I've heard one of the Adele songs a time or two, and it wasn't bad. I can't say I'd go out of my way to listen to any of the songs you listed, though.

17. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

"Someone Like" You by Adele is the only song on the list that I recognize.Itried to listen to the other samples you posted, and Adele's were the only ones that didn't make me cringe.

18. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

^
    Every thing except the Katy Perry song made me cringe. :sigh: Actually the Adele stuff wasn't too bad. :shrug:

19. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

I listen to Adele's songs partly because of her really strong Jazz voice and partly for the lyrics. The rest of the singers feel largely derivative pop, so while I have listened to most of the songs, they don't really interest me.

The only exception is Flo Rida's "Good Feeling", but I only like the pure acapella version he rapped together with Urban Method and Pentatonix in The Sing-Off. I still can't believe they pulled off a rap song, complete with electronic sounds, beats and a dubstep breakdown without a single musical instrument.

20. Eyes

Eyes Commodore Commodore

I can't believe I didn't see this thread. Anyway, as I have listened to and know all of these, aside from the Jay-Z and Kanye one (not been big in the UK), I'd better reply.

I normally love whatever Rihanna puts out, We Found Love is no exception, although it isn't her strongest, Where Have You Been does the same job slightly better from her latest album.

Adele's album is really strong, and Set Fire To The Rain is the best on there for me, really nice and soulful, not too keen on Someone Like You though, vastly overplayed. Still can't believe how successful she's been in the last 12 months.

The Katy Perry and Bruno Mars songs are my favourites by the respective artists, and both surprised me, since I'm not a huge fan of either, but they are both good songs. And Stereo Hearts grew to be rather catchy after I initially dismissed it.

LMFAO... I think Sexy And I Know It is really a joke too far, although I did enjoy Party Rock Anthem at the time. You know, when it was released, back in May. I think its longevity for Billboard is jaw-dropping.

The instrumental version of Good Feeling, Levels by Avicii is far better. Think replacing Flo Rida's raps with a shimmering piece of music, and that's it. Rather brilliant. (Also RIP Etta James, who sang the chorus on both of them :()

And that's everything on that list done.

The Billboard charts are really slow-moving, I find, so I don't follow them that much, like I do the UK charts. Also, too much country, a genre I've never got into. I do regularly check other countries iTunes charts to see if there's something I might like over there.