Pets with Star Trek names...

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by T'Laina, Jun 19, 2011.

1. USS Triumphant

USS Triumphant Vice Admiral Admiral

The first two dogs my wife and I had were Labs named Worf and Odo. Our last dog was an American Eskimo Spitz named Saratoga after the U.S.S. Saratoga from Star Trek IV. And we have had cats named Farragut (after U.S.S. Farragut) and Kira (although my wife and I differ on why we call her that, 'cause she's a Dark Crystal fan ;)).

We have also had cats named Xander (Buffy), Chloe (Smallville), Neo (The Matrix), and Mia (after the Pizza Hut pizzas we were eating a lot of - she was rescued from the dump when we were taking a bunch of the boxes off. :)) And a Holland Lop (bunny) named R. Sebastian Bach (the "R" is for Rabbit, in honor of Isaac Asimov).

Oh, and they aren't pets, but our son is named after a character from L. Ron Hubbard's Mission Earth series, and our daughter's middle name is Nerys. (That one is indisputable. :D)

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I have a cat named Wicket after the leader of the Ewoks. He is the smartest cat I've ever had and can open a door from the outside of the house by leaping straight up about 4 feet, hanging onto the handle and swinging his weight into the door to open it. He can open a few other doors too. He has certainly lived up to his name.

I used to have a guinea pig named Nero who did not have any Romulan qualities but it suited him.

3. Satyrquaze

Satyrquaze Vice Admiral Admiral

^Chief Chirpa wasn't leader of that tribe of Ewoks?

4. USS Triumphant

USS Triumphant Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes. Yes, he was.

5. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

6. MHT1138

MHT1138 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

What T'Laina said. That is an awesome novel, one of my favorites. What a great name for a cat :)

7. the_shark

the_shark Ensign Newbie

I have a cat named Boomer (Battlestar Gallactica)

I also have another cat named Joxer (Xena: Warrior Princess):rommie:

8. JustKate

JustKate Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

My mother has a cat named "Moogie." Which I think is great. She's not one of my favorite characters or anything, but "Moogie" is just really fun to say. Try it! Moogie moogie moogie moogie moogie moogie moogie...

See what I mean?

9. kythe

kythe Commander Red Shirt

One of our cats is named Dax. My 11 year old named her after her favorite DS9 character. :) Our other cat is Hermoine, from Harry Potter.

10. AstroSmurf

AstroSmurf Vice Admiral Admiral

I had a fish named Livingston after Picard's Lion Fish. A boyfriend and I named his dog Dax after Curzon. (Even as a puppy we thought he looked like a crotchety old man.)

And now I want an iguana. :bolian:

11. Paradon

Paradon Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Iguanas are very difficult to care for... They need specialized diet and special UVB lighting to well. If you feed the wrong food, they may end up dying. Don't ask the pet store people for iguana care information. Look on line for the information. I know a lady, whom I talked to from time to time on the net, who is the auther of a book called "Iguanas for Dummies". She puts up a free web page for people who don't have money. It's called: www.anapsid.org

12. The_Baron

The_Baron Captain Captain

I managed to get my wife to let me name a chinese hamster Fry, after the Futurama character, couldn't get bender past her though. We also had a Roborovski hamster named "Wodka" as in "Chekov saying Vodka"

I had a goldfish named Rimmer after the Red Dwarf character, and also tried to name our cat Jazz, after a Transformer but Mrs Baron said no....we settled on Willow...which could be the dwarf I guess.

But no, no trek pets - though I know someone who once had a Rat called Sela.

13. Paradon

Paradon Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Here are some three toed box turtles:
    [​IMG]
    Shot at 2011-04-27
    [​IMG]
    Shot at 2011-04-27
    [​IMG]
    Shot at 2011-04-27
    My ornate pac-man frog:
    [​IMG]
    Shot at 2011-05-11
    And, my baby leopard gecko:
    [​IMG]
    Shot at 2011-05-11

14. Ha'kiv

Ha'kiv Lieutenant Commander

My Star Trek names period has begun with my two most recent kittens. Their names are Jean-Luc and Q, naturally.

15. Tora Ziyal

Tora Ziyal Vice Admiral Admiral

Not exactly my own pet, but I have temporary custody (long story, not worth explaining) of a fish that I'm told is a mini koi. I have no idea whether his owner named him, so I did:

JAMES TIBERIUS KOIK :)

16. MrBorg

MrBorg Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

No, I don't have a pet with a Star Trek name... Though next time I get a new pet I'll be sure to name it something from ST. Probably something DS9 related.

17. klingonhybrid

klingonhybrid Ensign Red Shirt

This is awesome. Never occured to me....but its awesome.

My dogs name is Mo....
    I dont know of any trek characters named Mo...too bad I could claim his name was trek derived after the fact otherwise.

18. Rush Limborg

Rush Limborg Vice Admiral Admiral

My little sister has a rabbit named Tribble.

I was the one who suggested the name. :cool:

19. Kes2370

Kes2370 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

i have two Gekko's called TROI AND RIKER

20. cblmc1296

cblmc1296 Commander Red Shirt

I've always had cats. Two of them from years ago were Spock and McCoy. Now I have one named Elmo... I guess that's not a Trek name, eh? LOL!