Batman Serial

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Trekker4747, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Over at Rifftrax they been tackling a 1940s Batman serial, they've done the first two "episodes" of the serial so far and likely will do the rest of the (I believe) 14 part serial if demand keeps up on the shorts.

Interesting look at very, very early days of Batman and even film adaptations of comic book characters. This version of Batman drives a simple convertible sedan as the "Batmobile" and Bruce Wayne lives in a rather modest suburban home.

Samples at the pages, purchase necessary for entire short. (The first one runs at around 25 minutes, the second one something around 15.)

Batman Takes Over
    Batman: Tunnel of Terror

2. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Cool, thanks for the head's up. I admit I've gotten kind of bored and burned out on the feature length Rifftrax by this point, but the shorts are still a lot of fun. Probably because they focus more on the older stuff and it feels a bit more like classic MST3K that way.

3. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

I purchased both serials on DVD and watched them last year. A fun look at early Batman indeed. You can read more in the thread I started.

4. Trekker4747

Rifftrax releases the third installment of this 1940s serial.

Robin's Wild Ride.

5. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

I love the continuing jokes about the suddenly more "rural" version of Gotham City, that somehow has lots of open fields and rolling hills and no tall buildings whatsoever. :D

6. Trekker4747

Yeah, those are great. I also love the decidedly more suburban version of Wayne "Manor." That somehow affords Bruce not only a Butler but also a large cave. Also the lack of a proper "Batmobile." :lol: