The Vampire Diaries & The Originals

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Taylirious, Oct 4, 2013.

1. js

js Captain Captain

From the first ep it looked like they were gonna get them together and while I would have hated the idea on TVD - because Elijah is the best character on either show and on TVD Haley was one of the worst - she's gotten better on TO and Elijah is so awesome he deserves SOMEBODY who appreciates him, I'm finding myself objecting to them getting together less and less.

2. Kosh Naranek

Kosh Naranek Captain Captain

I did not much care for Hayley on TVD. I am pleasantly surprised by her on the Originals. I enjoy her character and it is interesting how having her around is changing the family dynamic somewhat.

On TVD I am basically hanging around for Katherine.

3. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Damon and this Augustine Vampire thing has peeked my interests.

ETA: Katherine is so much more interesting than Elena...the other Doppelganger seemed more interesting than Elena this season. LOL.

4. Taylirious

Klaus. It Just Got Real! :D

Tyler is useless. Sigh.

5. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I must admit, I did not expect Klaus to actually get Marcel to step down so quickly. I'm very curious to see where they are going with this, because I'm assuming this won't be the end of the Klaus/Marcel conflict. Unless they shift the focus to the werewolves or witches or something.

6. js

js Captain Captain

^ I thought the ease in which Klaus won was the first writing mis-step of the season. It was just so anticlimactic - didn't they know he was going to tear a lot of young vamps apart when he fought? That was going to have to be the cost of battle to hold him down.

So I'm hoping that it's a ruse pre-planned by Rebekah and Marcel and they're planning something else more devious and this was just to get Klaus' guard down with a first obvious attack followed by a more subtle one?

Otherwise that was really... meh.

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I was expecting/hoping we'd get a longer conflict with them constantly plotting and counter plotting against each other.

8. Taylirious

That is it for The Originals till JAN 14th. Good EP. Interesting to see what happened in 1919.

9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I wasn't sure what they were doing with the ending of last week's episode, but after this episode I am with them 100%. I can't wait to see where things are going next.

10. js

js Captain Captain

I'm still not sold on the suddenly changing loyalties and intentions of Marcel and Rebekah. I think they're too quick and less convincing than anything else that has been going on in the show (except for the awful Cami and Kieran - I can't decide if it's the actors or the characters I can't stand but the show slows to a horrible crawl when either are onscreen - I was so desperately hoping they were writing Cami off for good this time - wishful thinking. I'm not fond of Davina either but I am enjoying the Davina and Josh scenes - it's a fun friendship - so for now I'll put up with her.)

I'm guessing 1919 must have to do with Marcel betraying Klaus and family to their father which eventually ran them out of the city? I can't see anything else (like a romance between Marcel and Rebekah or Marcel and a Klaus love interest) "making Klaus hate him forever".

11. Taylirious

Assuming Elena makes it out "alive" she needs to kick Damon to the curb. I enjoyed the stuff with Stefan & Katherine much more than The Augustine Vampire secret experiment stuff...I am gonna go out on a leap and say Enzo is going to be the big bad...I can't buy Prof D-bag being it...or Aaron. ETA: Caroline is a goof. LOL.

12. Taylirious

Mid-season finale for TVD tonight. I will edit later to add my thoughts. I see the combo for TVD and Reign is unchanged. So is TUE with The Originals & Supernatural. http://www.ksitetv.com/hart-of-dixi...star-crossed-premiere-dates-batb-hiatus/27074 Only MON, WED & FRI have been juggled.

ETA: TVD is really bad this season. I am actually glad Damon ended things and realizes how bad he is for anyone. Elena is too stupid to realize it on her own. LOL. Feel bad for Katherine. Enzo was a bust and I am guessing the big bad will be one of these "travelers"?

Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
  13. Taylirious

14. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Me too. I'm glad they appear to be bringing the witches back into play again.

15. Taylirious

This EP was okay for me. Rebekah's mission felt strange but I get it. Her character has always felt more shallow than Klaus or Elijah. They keep shifting who has the most power and it happens fast, we never see anyone have the advantage for a really long time. It seems EP to EP or maybe 2 EPs to EP. I'd like to see someone have it for most of the season cause it will feel more satisfying.

16. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I enjoyed it. I thought the stuff with Rebekah made sense. I like their little trio of girls they put together with Rebekah, Hayley and Davina.

17. Taylirious

Sad seeing Davina die. Very sad EP in general. Of Course we have Celeste/Sabine who has been fooling everyone. I hope they don't have these 4 powerful witches, well 3 powerful and 1 mega witch in Celeste/Sabine and undo it in a few EPs this needs to carry till the last 2 EPs to be satisfying. See previous post I made about this.

18. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I was shocked that they actually killed Davina and didn't resurrect her. Even after she didn't resurrect during the ceremony, I thought maybe Rebekah and Sophie were screwing with Klaus and Marcel, and that they would wake her up later and sneak her off somewhere.
    It will be very interesting to see where they go from here with the Sabine/Celeste stuff. I can't wait to see Elijah's reaction.
    I'm a big Elijah/Hayley shipper, so I loved their almost kiss.

19. js

js Captain Captain

It's a Vampire Diaries spinoff. Dead isn't dead. I'd bet Davina will be back - clearly the showrunners really like her. Presumably they'll have to stop Celeste and when her magic is released, it will reanimate the four girls. Breaking Elijah's heart again in the process.

I also loved the not-quite-yet moment between Elijah and Hayley - it's great how they're teasing that out. Elijah's so wonderful when he's longing. Wait, no, Elijah's so wonderful. Period. :)

So Elijah said he'd been in love twice before - Celeste and I guess Katherine was the other?

20. Taylirious

Great 100th EP of TVD. Seeing so many familiar faces back was a big plus. Kat is a survivor! :D Next EP will be interesting.