"Glinn" Kattell Seskal--another Seska alter ego

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Nerys Ghemor, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Nerys Ghemor

Nerys Ghemor Vice Admiral Admiral

I've come up with a drawing that shows what this Obsidian Order agent could have looked like in an assignment as an agent spying on the Cardassian Guard.

I named her Kattell Seskal, figuring on the possibility that like Elim Garak, the "Kattell" that "Ensign Seska" spoke of could have been none other than herself. As for Seska/Seskal...it seemed like a rather obvious connection. [​IMG]

Just a quick sketch...nothing refined.

[​IMG]

2. Gul Re'jal

Gul Re'jal Commodore Commodore

Gul Re'jal is suspecting she's on the wrong space
    Nice. Her braids seem a little too fine, but I like it nevertheless. There are so few ladies in armours, any new sketch is welcome.

3. Nerys Ghemor

The braids were TOUGH to do--they do seem very thin and very tight in the pics I've seen--but this was just a quick drawing, not a refined portrait. ;) (One note about that armor...it's a good thing Cardassians seem to be a bit smaller-chested than human women, otherwise the armor could be a problem!)

4. Gul Re'jal

I'm not sure Natima Lang could be called smaller-chested ;)

But those serving in the military surely managed to work it out somehow.

5. CuttingEdge100

CuttingEdge100 Commodore Commodore

A Glinn is like an LCDR or CDR right?

6. Gul Re'jal

According to the canon, yes, I'd say it's a high rank, such as cmdr.

But in the TerkLit for some reason it's just a Lt. Never made sense to me :shrug:

7. Nerys Ghemor

Well, Natima Lang wasn't flat, but lemme put it this way--I have never seen a Cardassian woman anywhere near as well endowed as a Dabo girl! In terms of bra size, I would say no more than B or maybe C.

I disagree completely with the Treklit decision because it completely flies in the face of what we saw Damar doing while in the role of a glinn. Had we not had that extensive look into Damar's duties, I could maybe see justifying that it was a lower rank, but there is no question that Damar was Dukat's XO.

8. Gul Re'jal

Precisely. Damar was Dukat's aide and he was a glinn. Daro and Telle were Macet's - glinns too.

And Damar was getting promoted to a gul (after finding a way to take down to minefield). To gul from glinn, sooo... to "captain" from "lieutenant"? I have no idea who assumed that glinn was not a high rank and now writers have to follow that example.

9. Nerys Ghemor

Had we not seen Damar, I think that the position of Macet's and Lemec's glinns could have been interpreted in different ways. But once we saw Damar, that sealed the deal, and in MY opinion, the only thing we had left was to understand why the other two guls had their 2 most high-ranking officers aboard the Enterprise at the same time. (Which I do think there was a reason for, personally.)

10. Thor Damar

Thor Damar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thor Damar, God of thunder and monologue..
    ^ I think in Lemec's case he brought his Glinns on board simply to maintain a balance with the starfleeters. Aside from that there was no good reason to have them there.

Perhaps Macet did the same thing but with the assumption that Daro rather unique sensitivities would help sooth tensions...which alas did not work as planned...

11. BolianAuthor

BolianAuthor Writer, Battlestar Urantia Rear Admiral

Sketch looks pretty refined to me... good job.

12. Nerys Ghemor

Personal theory: Macet was trying to establish trust by bringing both his highest-ranking officers aboard the ship. After all, if Picard wanted to kill all three and then have a better chance to pick off the Trager, he would have the opportunity to do it.

Lemec knew what Macet had done and thought he could fake the same kind of earnestness--but wound up with Jellico instead and it didn't go over well.

Thanks! :)

13. BooThePun

BooThePun Ensign Red Shirt

Maybe Glinn is a rank with degrees? I.e. eighteenth-early-nineteenth century navies had up to four different grades of Lieutenant and all were referred to as "lieutenant" unfortunately, I'm not sure if we heard other Cardassian ranks besides glinn and gul, but it always seemed silly to try and match alien rank systems with Starfleet's.

14. Nerys Ghemor

At least in my own work, there isn't a perfect correspondence, and age tends to provide some gradations in ranks. Still, I think that having a glinn go all the way from junior officer to XO doesn't make sense.